Geforce 418.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Feb 4, 2019.

1. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Might be a Win7 specific issue?
    I don't have a lot of tabs open (usually no more than 5 at a time), but my Chrome is open all day long with some videos or music playing (Spotify etc) and I never had any TDRs or crashes.
    I'm on Win10.

2. ubronan

ubronan Guest

GPU:
    1070 OC 8 Gb
    The latest nvidia drivers have blocked the removal from the telemetry and sharing crap they baked it so .

So there is the reason for the performance hits.
    If you try to use the tricks to disable them, the driver installer instant ends and deletes the whole nvidia folder.
    Other tricks to disable the spyware no longer work
    THATS the reason why you see such huge performance dips, i suspect nvidia doing much more than only telemetry
    Because when you look at what M$ is spying they do collect much more from your system including what you type and do, do you see a performance hit NO Indeed not.
    The only reason why a gpu gets such a massive performance hit is when its being used, ow right that reminds me whats nvidia doing right now ....RIGHT selling gpu power to those users who want to rent some extra gpu power.
    For instance why is that gpu container active while i hardly make use of the gpu ?!?, yes a desktop does use almost nothing. So why the 5 up to 25% usage in that freaking container.
    Which you have no control over it, and worse you can not remove it at all.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What performance hits?

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    About last 5 or so versions I have been using NVCleanstall.exe and I just install display, audio and PhysX works fine.
    On the TDR I normally have like 25-30 tabs and I do get them but set HW acceleration off, haven't tested in a few months but it's not worth the trouble to me. When it did happen its only a flash of the screen and an entry in event viewer.
    Also, I never seen anything performance related to enabling/disabling telemetry.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You could try not installing NV HD audio driver, it should fall back to windows audio driver, maybe worth a try.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I installed 418.81 w/o the telemetry and sharing stuff, and installed just fine. What method are you using that is full of fail?

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    One of my games was crashing a bit when traveling in the game (SWTOR) with driver resets, and it did it 3 times in one night. So I decided to uninstall the driver, did a Safe Mode DDU (1.008), and then did a clean install of 418.81. Game no longer crashes or driver resets, so peeps with TDR's may want to do the same.

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    It doesn't use any GPU on my machine though? At least while I'm on desktop with the browser open.
    And even I have GFExperience running on top of that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  10. Gortex

Gortex Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Firefox crash here too in Win 7, first in a long ,long time.

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Pretty sure the 2080Ti flickering gsync bug is still around. DP for Gsync monitor, DVI to DP cable for the other monitor.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Somewhere I read that installing the FW 399.something (24?) fixes the issue. He might give it a try.

13. I'm always right.

14. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    It happened for me too on Win 7 and only with 5-6 tabs open... really I don't remember when I had the last Firefox crash :confused:

15. Dante45

Dante45 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 XFX 8GB
    What are "TDR's"?

16. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Dante45 likes this.
  17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    yea, a similar example would be: At some point Firefox added WebVR support and the most recent time i set my Oculus up, it was being triggered by random websites (ones that had no VR content), lol... I had to disable WebVR in firefox to stop it.

18. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Some Update..
    Tried 418.81 with the older sound driver from 417.71
    Started my virtual machine (VMWare) opened chrome, got instant a TDR.
    So the it seems like the gpu driver is the problem and not the sound driver.
    VSync in chrome seems also broken with 418.81, i had to force it on in the nvidia control panel.
    Back to 417.71, if i get TDR with that one, i know something else is broken xS
    // Edit
    Yes, working fine again with 417.71
    418.81 seems broken on Win7 with gtx 1060 6gb
    //edit 2
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...play-driver-feedback-thread-released-2-4-19-/
    Issues and updates:
    2500396-Windows 7/8.1: Random TDRs after updating to driver 418.81

When even nvidia is trolling with their drivers.... xD

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Tried again these drivers and getting constant nvoglv64.dll errors in DAZ3D Studio on RTX2080Ti,tried only render with my other 3*GPUs(GTX1080Ti,GTX1080,GTX1080) and no issues,tried too older drivers and same issue with previous drivers in DS and as well with Quadro 416.30

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    When I had the first ever TDR during GTA V released with 350.12 WHQL and the next 4 WHQLs driver too, but you guys said is my hardware/user issue? Eat back your words & swallow it. :oops: