Download: MSI Afterburner 4.5.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2018.

1. jetraw

jetraw Guest

after update to beta 12, have the same issue
    i completely deleted all of visual C++ and make clean installation of AFB beta 12, and the issue appears again

how can i change this file C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9518_none_08e07c8fa840efbe\MSVCR90.dll

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

OC scanner is NVIDIA propiertary component, you cannot expect to get any feedback on it here.

3. Free888

Free888 Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 580 8Gb
    Hi all, first of all I have to say I haven't tried Afterburner yet.
    My build is Ryzen 1700 and Sapphire Nitro+ RX580, and I have been using default Radeon settings. The GPU fan works most of the time, but sometimes when I play Witcher 3 with my GPU temp hovering near the target 75C, the GPU fan would suddenly go full blast (I believe over 3000 rpm) and doesn't stop, until I go to the inventory/map screen and wait for the temp to drop to 44-45C. When it works normally, the rpm should be 1200-1300ish when the temp is around 75C.

I suppose I can use Afterburner's fan profile to fix this probably? And how to clean remove Afterburner in case there is a problem? Thank you!

4. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    I am having difficulties saving profiles. It says "profile X saved" but it isn't. It creates the ProfileX.cfg but the button stays grey. Any idea why this might happen?

Edit: I had "save hardware settings to profile" disabled. my bad...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

5. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Does anyone else experience a conflict between Afterburner and Adrenalin 2019 when using the custom fan curve in Afterburner ? (e.g Afterburner's custom fan curve gets overridden by AMD's default fan curve)

I'm using an RX 480 8GB with Adrenalin 19.2.1

6. Aviven

Aviven Guest

GPU:
    MSI 960 4Gb Ed.
    So... I made this account just to ask for help about the system time, when we enable the system time to show in the OSD how do we change the location or resize it? I'd like it to be closer to the rest of my OSD stuff.

7. Unwinder

Learn to use search please, it is not that hard.

Fox2232 likes this.
  8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Odds are you have the DCH version of the driver installed. The DCH version is a no go with the ocscanner. Switch to the typical standard driver version.

9. Unwinder

Offering to search for previously answered question and providing you direct link to it is not insult. Insult is what you do in response. I’ll never be able to understand people like you.

Fox2232 likes this.
  10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Smart, insult a staff member.

11. Unwinder

@jmila713

There is hyperlink to that "buried" post answering your question right in my post. What's wrong with you? And no, ending the story by posting PMs with "Go f%#k yourself" instead of apologizing is definitively not the smartest idea.

12. luke76bg

luke76bg Active Member

GPU:
    7950 boost edition

13. Unwinder

It is PowerUser option in [Settings] section of the profile.

14. erho

erho Member

GPU:
    Pascal
    Any plans of supporting different individual fan curves for cards with multiple fans?

My card makes annoying noise if the fans are spinning in sync. With the manufacturers default fan curve they spin at different speeds but the RPM is unnecessarily high.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

15. Unwinder

No plans, sorry.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I noticed that when using scanline sync with SyncFlush=2, toggling the limiter off with a hotkey will disable the limiter but seems to still do the flush. Is this intended and/or unavoidable, or an oversight?

17. Unwinder

It is definitively not supposed to stay active so it is not by design or unavoidable. Let me check it.

18. CJ Miranda

CJ Miranda Guest

GPU:
    Hallo people I just want to ask what is the best way to adjust the voltage frequency curve when you have a SLI set-up? To synchronize them or adjust separately? Is there any advantages choosing one from the other?

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    With 2 cards. I would say that your goal is to have both perform same. As long as neither hits power limit, they can have same Voltages, especially if they are same model.
    If you are at risk of hitting power limit (or they are different models - different VRMs => actually different voltage from setting same value), then you should tweak both to maximum power efficiency to avoid any limiting to performance.

If both cards perform same (each alone having around same benchmark results), you are fine. Then observe if one does not hit temperature limit which may reduce clock.
    In that case, I would limit clock of both to bit above that. Which would give opportunity for further undervolt.

20. DJfighter

DJfighter Guest

GPU:
    Vega64 Nitro+
    Hi,
    I use Default MSI Afterburner v3 skin and I didn't find the P-states or curve settings icon unlike in MSI Cyborg skin. Will it be added?