Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^^Just as i posted about buy too many games my 4 weeks wait for the American only retail release of Stern Pinball for the xbx, popped through the letter box.

I had forgot all about about ordering it, again, stop buying games. Lol

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    most of the games i actually buy are games i had played and for one reason or anohter rebought so they would run or see if they hold up.

its the free games gog and etc gives out that pile up, and then some are the "i saw it somewhere, or knew people loved that game" so i bought it on sale games. these pile up hard. people say oh steam should give out more free games good still will glut up my games list and i will probably die before i play GG!

I tried one of these games other day because i been sick and just zero energy or motivation to play anything, it was a new indy title that purported to be a "psychological horror" i like psych horror well enough so i installed it, the name is hideous no idea what it is supposed to mean or what language it is. But i fire it up and well its loaded full of jump scares that did nothing to scare me, the psychological "horror" was you running around evicting people, and having a guilty conscious about literally doing your job. Meh i think either the psych horror comes way later or the dev does not know what psych horror entails, like that creeping horror that builds via tension or some looming threat.

alien is a good example of a movie making heavy use of psychological tension because how sparingly the actual monster is used or appears in the film but the threat of that drives most of the movie.

So a free game that misses the mark of what it says it is trying to do. a game i would have never bought and a game that i will never play or recommend to anyone even if i can remember the bloody title. And i imagine most of the little free games and etc i have collected fall in this category.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I visited geforce.com and all the marketing is for new cards like the 2060 and the two EA games. RTX might not make it because Nvidia would be promoting it heavily otherwise.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Kolt likes this.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    btw if anyone can't get past the first one cause the strange shooting controls, why not just enable god mode via a trainer, even then the story is worth it

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Methanhydrat made a fix for the odd mouse controls. You can get it at his site: (Also listed on pcgamingwiki.com )
    https://methanhydrat.wordpress.com/2017/11/05/metro-mouse-fix/

I don't use it because it doesn't work with the map/compass, and since I am playing on Ranger Mode with no hud I have to pull out the map a lot to check my ammo counts. The mouse fix changes the scale of mouse sensitivity so when you pull out the map the mouse speed will be insanely fast compared to without.

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Its a no go for me sry guys . I think its childish to ask us for support after you dangle the game in our face ( on steam) then u decide to take it off and put on epic that shows poor character and greed + they cant seem to make up there mind what they want . Theres plenty of other games to play oh well.
    Then has the balls to ask us for support after all this crap haha.

8. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Never seen before leaked gameplay. Most likely on Xbox One X.

Another unseen gameplay footage.

Another one

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Witcher29 and Undying like this.
  9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It is.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    let's hope this game doesn't beat 1 cpu core to death like the old games did

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Old games were created for old architecture.

It works excellent on PS4 PRO. Also it has that STALKER vibe.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Things like this distract me so much in a game!

[​IMG]

Everything just looks like crap!

Kolt and ramthegamer like this.
  13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You can't use compressed yt video and talk about graphics quality.

Shataan likes this.
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes I can , because it won't magically be fixed. It is not just about the textures, it takes more then that to create a nice looking game.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There is definitely something wrong with the textures in that picture.. I mean the textures in 2033/Last Light original and redux weren't that good, but that was years ago so I can understand that. I'm hoping that what we see there is just a limited early console version and for release we can have ultra texture settings. I think there really is no excuse anymore for bland textures, especially on PC. It's hard to be completely immersed (which is their goal here) when you keep seeing really ugly looking textures underneath a sheen of gorgeous lighting. Why go through all the effort of adding RTX ray tracing/etc if the shadows are being cast on such ugly textures? I can't seem them doing that.. but I'll find out soon I guess.

WhiteLightning likes this.

16. Metro Exodus: "Everything just looks like crap!" - WhiteLightning

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, agree wholly.

Texel fillrate stopped being any kind of a limiting factor ages ago and modern graphics cards have VRAM aplenty.

No reason to use anything but hi-res textures for PC at least.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That image is horribly compressed due to it being taken from a video.
    Despite all the publisher/distribution faults... Exodus is a damn good looking game.

19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    There's nothing to be fixed here. Watch that video above.

It's a youtube compression.

20. Just a little technical correction. Texel fillrate has nothing to do with texture resolution. Performance-wise it doesn't matter if you are sampling from 64x64 or 2048x2048 large texture. And texel fillrate is still a serious issue especially in higher screen resolutions.