Geforce 418.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Feb 4, 2019.

1. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    There is definitely a massive difference in image quality with dlss on and off. Its not possible to miss the difference. Since there is no actual game to try the rtx and dlss features right now i bought the 3dmark last day with 85% discount offer just to see if dlss makes any difference or not.

Tested it in a 4k 55inch samsung js9000 TV. Image quality difference is perfectly noticeable.

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Actually there is just not much. Final fantasy 15 uses dlss and battlefield 5 has rtx.

3. Velldanas

Velldanas Member

GPU:
    3070 Jetstream
    I've got incredible boost in Division 2 beta with this drivers.
    416.16: 24-35fps
    418.81: 58-60fps

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Decided to install these, clean DDU install. No noticeable changes but Civ 6 seems to have issues with DX12 on these drivers.
    After a while the game gets stuttery and overall feels slow. Didn't have such issues on previous WHQL.
    upd: Reinstalled the driver on top of previous WHQL. Game seems to run better now but it still feels like it runs worse overall than it used it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

5. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    This driver causes NVLDDMKM crashes in Apex Legends for me, rolling back to previous driver and all is OK

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Sound like tdr or driver reset or what ever they call it. Some apps like Firefox will contain tdr/reset with in the program window. other will just make windows it self blackout. atlest these are the only time I seen such blackouts, but usual when blackout effect windows it self my monitor will lose signal

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've been getting it in vivaldi (chromium). PITA.

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
    Your response made me curious, so I had to go run it again and pay closer attention. After re-running it and looking, I can definitely see an unmistakable improvement in the image quality. Had you not posted I possibly never would have noticed. It didn't grab my attention due to being profound and I definitely had to pay attention to identify the improvement, kind of like ray tracing... absolutely nice to have, but not something extremely compelling for me. So, thanks for prompting me to pay attention and look closer to recognize and appreciate it.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    firefox does nothing of the sorts.

Known. the display container is consuming all commit space and leaving no memory for the driver.

10. Multiple TDRs with these drivers, possibly related to Firefox or Discord. Rolled back, no problems.

11. aduh

aduh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Well with these drivers when Im changing sound volume using my keyboard scroll (Corsair K70) the screen blinks in black.
    I think it has something to do with small horizontal volume indicator showing on screen when Im changing volume.
    Its kinda annoying and disturbs in a game.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Gonna give it a go today, curious if I get any Forza4 boosts as well

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No issue here on a G610 with volume wheel.
    I do have hardware acceleration set off in LGS, so maybe that is something to look at.

14. Someone who have 3 surround monitors with two rtx-2080-ti in Sli have encountered some issues with this driver release?

Thanks

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes firefox does if FF has tdr it draw screen flash blank and only in the FF windows and there will be TDR event in the event viewer at time of said flash, it rare though. I have seen it happen a handlefull of times. usual once every few months i see it happen, I been seeing this happen ever since I started using 1803 build of windows, I still using same drivers I installed when installed 1803, 411.63 that being I have not seen it happen in 2 or 3 months.

so either it is behaving longer then usual or one of FF recent updates fixed it

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just a FYI: Using FFox and Discord, no TDR's

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here, no TDRs in FF66b on Win10 1809.

18. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I have TDR issue in both chrome and firefox with this driver.
    Rolling back only the graphics driver to 417.71 doesn' work either.
    Seems the like culprit is the new sound driver? (1.3.38.13 vs 1.3.38.4)

A bit of off topic...
    But what the heck is going with the realtek sound drivers?
    The control panel in 2.82 doesn't work.
    So i have to use some unofficial realtek sound driver that were released for intel nuc boards.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^No TDRs for a long time already and no issue with Realtek as well. Most probably, your hardware or user error.

20. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    The TDR doesn't happen right away.
    Its a memory leak.
    Open bunch of tabs with videos playing.
    It will run fine for like 45min. Then the pagefile is running full and chrome/firefox starts to crash.

And for realtek. Other people have the same problem with missing realtek control panel, but most they are on windows 10.
    I use win7.