Radeon VII in stock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Trenchdog73, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

OnnA, Embra, Passus and 3 others like this.
  3. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
  4. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    I got an order in no problem. they were in stock for about an hour or so from the time I posted.

5. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    honestly having a slight buyers remorse at an impulse buy but I supposed I can always send it back lol.

6. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    That didn't last long.

7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Did they really sell for only $600 and 12 hours early? At that price I'd have ordered for sure!

8. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    This is hilarious: $599.99 and sold out.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Seriously! I wish I'd have known! $700 was just too high for me to switch from my 1080Ti, but $600 shipped with at least one game I'd play seems awesome. Wonder if that was a mistake or if they'll come back in stock here or anywhere at $600.

10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yah, I decided last week that I just couldn't spend $700 for performance similar to my former GTX 1080 Ti, so I bought a Vega 64 Liquid when they happened to show up in stock on Newegg..... however for $600 I'd take the Radeon VII every time. :/

OnnA and Embra like this.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looking at stores here Vega 56 and 64 are still going for around 700 - 800 US Dollars though I can't find anything about VII so it might be pretty close to no stock at all.

EDIT: 7499 SEK for the MSI Airboost Vega 56 which is basically the stock model with a bigger grill or vents on said grill. Around 810 USD.

EDIT: Ah I see the pricing is still wonky here in some stores. 7 and 4 V.56 MSI AB OC.
    https://www.komplett.se/product/975...kkort/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-8gb-oc#

Or the Vega 64 MSI Airboost OC for 5 and 8
    https://www.komplett.se/product/108...fikkort/msi-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-boost-8g-oc

That's probably why the pricing is all over, thought that would have been corrected in 2018 when the mining craze somewhat slowed down, seems that didn't happen so now the GPU prices are all over the place. :p

Still no sign of VII either. Guess I'm not using that to compare pricing with just yet.
    (Guessing around 1000 USD if this is going to be a thing, will be interesting to see where it lands.)

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Vega 64 has been under 500 euros for a while (VAT included, of course) and Vega 56 under 400. Like Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 is going for 469 euros. Nobody should pay anything more for them, old cards as they already are. If you see higher prices, they are just stray, old cards stuck in some shop's warehouse ever since the mining craze. The store hasn't yet bothered to update prices to try to get rid of them.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  14. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Hmm, according to prisjakt.nu you can get V56/V64 far cheaper than that.

https://prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=4605330
    https://prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=4714606

But yeah, no Radeon 7 listed yet. Though I wouldn't expect that to happen until we hit the review embargo time, which should be later in the day.

Regardless I don't expect a huge stock, which would make sense as it's not exactly a huge market.

15. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    What a surprise $599. I wonder if that will stick though. Venders will surely look to profit if demand is there.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there are alternatives though there a lot of remnant entries from back when the price hike was in full effect too, shopping around and using comparison sites such as Price Hunt (Pris Jakt) helps in finding a store with both good rep and hopefully also better pricing.

These are also often older cards often sitting at the last batch in stock so no-one really bothers updating them unless it's a discount sale or similar though Vega is in a curious spot now with availability diminishing somewhat and the VII replacement for the high-end bracket having limited availability too but then this is launch day and the next few batches of shipments should hopefully be higher outside of the major countries in Europe or even the major store chains and retailers. Less mining craze now too so no weird pricing aside from what the retailers themselves try to get away with but with the mining boom lessened that should hopefully also not be too bad though I still expect a straight USD to EUR price conversion and then for Sweden in particular hardware prices can be pretty varied.

The 580 and the newcomer 590 are doing better too but aren't on the same performance level although the 20 - 25% gap is not that big either. No wonder a lot of users sitting on the Polaris, Fury or even Vega are waiting on Navi now and what that could bring even if the initial batch turns out to be more mid-range. (Though that should still be a nice boost over Polaris and at a more affordable level.)

Didn't know the embargo was still in place, thought it had expired already but I suppose not though it's expired by this point. :)
    Will re-check during the weekend and see what's up, I am not really in need of a upgrade and especially not for 700 Euro with a 30% performance lead, better to wait and well the rest of this aging x79 hardware is in due need of a replacement really.
    (RAM and CPU should give a good boost when that happens, HDD to SSD should end that little bottleneck nicely too and then well probably re-using the current GPU until next year and then what AMD and NVIDIA has available assuming a upgrade is happening mid to late 2019 at all.)

EDIT: Hmm so overall the GPU situation here is a bit funny at least for AMD but I guess Vega is soon hitting EOL similar to Pascal for NVIDIA and it'll be a bit of a price crash when that happens as stores start selling off what inventory remains.
    (Well Vega 56 and 64 might not be EOL quite yet but it's probably going to slow down with additional chips sooner rather than later though there might still be a good inventory of the GPU's for a good amount of time even after that happens.)

Actually was Pascal EOL'd maybe that just a misrumor again, I'll check on that eventually.

Suppose fab wise AMD is still in with GloFo so there might be chips for covering additional cards even as 7nm(Sort of.) starts taking over and AMD is also using other plants now.
    (Need to check on that too, from 14nm~ to 10nm~ and now 7nm is the target but it's not like they're just going to dump everything and jump all in on the newest node either.)

EDIT: Yeah TSMC for the 7nm nodes from what I'm finding so that looks accurate at least but they are still dealing with GloFo and have supply from them.

EDIT: Oh and right going EOL for production isn't going to affect driver support or stuff like that, suppose it's kinda obvious with the entire GCN chain still going strong from Gen1/1.0 to Gen5/1.5 and what VII here might using.
    (The same with tweaks I guess someone mentioned it using VCE 4.1 instead of 4.0 found on Vega 56/64 so that's one thing already if valid.)
    (EDIT: Yep. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine )
    (Hmm and then to this next? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Core_Next Well that's for later on maybe with Navi for desktop GPU models or perhaps it's CPU only and Ryzen and it's "chiplets" setup.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  17. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    For me... the price $700 and even now.. places are starting to UP the price. Its not worth it at all. Whats NEW about the card vs Vega 64? Memory, 7nm, clock speeds? I have not found ONE place ONE video that shows the Radeon VII faster then the 2080. You might as well get a $450-600 USED 1080TI that is just as fast. Saw a new on for $580

The card gets hot.. fans can get loud..the way they are made.. helps that. Blah blah blah.. I Know.. some will say "my card beats my 1080TI in ever game.. runs better then my 2080.. what ever

18. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Pfffft as per usual, the cheapest I can find over here (Netherlands) is $930 (including tax).

19. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    Depends on which game but it beats the 2080 on a few of them. I think it's worth 700 bucks. I'll not buy it but it looks like it is actually priced right. I limit my GFX card buying to $300 or less.

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Truth is.. it does not beat the 2080 in MOST of the games. What new features does it come with vs the Vega 64... and a 1080TI is JUST as fast as the VII. When you can get a 2080 CHEAPER then the VII. It needs MORE power..it runs hotter and thats on the NEW 7nm chip. Has 16gb ram but.. so far 8gb is not holding anyone back.

I have Vega 64 2080 1080ti Radeon 580. 1070. Always been a fan of both. But this VII is SO not worth $700