Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I'm not trying to win here. I have nothing from that. I would like to wake you up, and that would benefit me hugely, and you of course!

Yes, now you have start to question greedy behaviors when things went so low. Where were you 10/15 years ago? I have predicted and talked about this long time ago when things start to change. It was slow process, but it was obvious. But of course you need to be a little bit awaken to notice this.

True, Steam does not suffer any consequences, but you do, consumers do! Why are you doing this to yourself? In fact the biggest consequences suffer developers.
    None of this would happen if Steam changed their greedy 30% policy. There wouldn't be Exodus debacle. This is the reason why they have switched to the procreating Epic. I don't like Epic like many of you here, but i also don't like Steam. I question their policy and i don't support it.

And why Steam didn't change their greedy policy! Because you continued to support them without even thinking is this good idea. All of these monstrosities exist because brainwashed consumers give them their money.

Have you ever put yourself into developers boots, have you ever tried to imagine this? To create video games is the most complex job, even simple games. So you want a game to be good, and this obviously requires a lot of resources and money. But you don't care about the fact that huge amount of money goes to the publishers who doesn't deserve this, like Steam in this case. They bought you with achievements!
    Consumers are brainwashed into thinking that things must be they way they are. Don't question, just follow.

Simple and short explanation:

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    OMFG, stop.

You aren't 'waking me up', don't assume you know more than I do or that you are privy to info I am not privy to.

This kind of 'let me educate you' attitude is so misplaced.

You don't know me and you certainly don't know where I was, what I was doing or what experiences I've had et al.

Everything you are saying is based on your assumptions (which are all wrong).

When you proceed from a position of error, where do you think you will end up?

The whole problem with your argument is that it is singularly about you and what benefits you, it seems everything can be damned as long as you are getting what you want.

That's great for you, it's not necessarily good for anybody (or everybody) else.

I've tried to be fair with you, but your insistence on being condescending and behaving as if you are the only 'enlightened' person involved in this debate is becoming tiresome.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You ever think that maybe I as a customer weighed what you're saying already and I don't give a crap? I do think it's a good idea to support them - Valve with Steam has given me a great product with more features than the Epic store before anyone else was even doing digital storefronts. Tons of indie/AA and other developers have been extremely successful due to the shift in development paradigm that Valve helped create. I welcome that Epic is trying to get involved and I hope it spurs competition and innovation in digital marketplaces but I'm not automatically just going to side with them because they are subsidizing their ask with Fortnite money. So far I'm not impressed with anything Epic is doing.

Kolt, AsiJu, BangTail and 1 other person like this.
  4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Wow, what's truly amazing is that you are so arrogant as to believe that these concepts you keep presenting are beyond people other than yourself.

Keep underestimating people, it's a solid path to success :rolleyes: (and possibly one of the more costly mistakes you will make in life).

All the best :)

RzrTrek and AsiJu like this.
  6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    How did Steam grow their user base? Stated it before, where was the choice when one was given an actual dvd, with all the game files on it, and then forced to open a Steam account to be able to play the game.

Realistically speaking how is it that people are using "look how long Steam was advertising and then accepting pre-orders/selling" argument for a basis of how anti-consumer this deal is? That right there shows those individuals have no clue what pre-orders are. How disingenuous are pre-orders for consumers when the majority of them have no clue what the definition of a pre-order is outside of the item is not officially released yet? Only reason this debacle was even looked at as a last minute deal is because it got yanked from a storefront that had no guarantees it would have the item to sell to begin with. Where is the outcry against Steam? How could Steam assume they would have the item for sale when no deals were inked? No one is pounding down their door for such an egregious error. Why is not that looked at as being anti-consumer? Look at how the masses have been culled; not even questioning Steam's involvement. Yet other's cry that this is not about Steam it is about having a choice when Steam was not even a choice to begin with. Now is it seen how disingenuous pre-orders are when they are not offered directly from the publisher/distributor? That is the brainwashing in my eyes; arguing about a choice that never existed in the first place. The assumption rule is correct with this debacle...both parties involved come out looking like ...wait Steam does not even smell like a$$ because why? They were the innocent bystander?

When all this malarkey is removed, what is left...all the whining is about how it is not on Steam for a year.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah and there was major outcry when that happened.. what's your point? lol

Why do you think it being pulled from steam is the argument people are posing? Go to /r/pcgaming - no one is even mentioning it being pulled off steam. People are annoyed that instead of Epic simply creating a better digital storefront they are simply just buying exclusive rights to games and forcing people to use it. The store front itself is missing tons of features and has taken weird policy stances on others (opt in reviews).

Also people can simultaneously be against the Epic store and still want to hold Valve accountable. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously Epic is currently in the limelight but prior to this whole debacle I've seen plenty of complaints about steam.

anxious_f0x, AsiJu, lucidus and 2 others like this.
  8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, this doesn't have anything to do with Steam (The bold text is the actual reason and it has been reiterated ad nauseam in this thread and just about everywhere else this is being discussed).

Sadly, no matter how many times this justification is repeated, certain people refuse to take it on board.

lucidus likes this.
  9. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I personally would really like to play this game, but as it stands now I am probably not going to pick it up until it hits Steam, and by then it will be on sale. I guess that becomes a win for me. I would have bought it at full price if it was on Steam now. Whether you agree or disagree with the game only being on Epic's store, I don't care. What matters to me is that it goes into my Steam library with almost all of my other games.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While I don't agree with him for the most part, he does have some valid points and a different point of view.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Really, after all that posturing and stating how it is not about Steam and then like the second response above that states it's all about it being available on Steam. So many comments like am waiting for it to be on Steam before picking it up. How many times has that been repeated and still yet it is stated that it has nothing to do with Steam. The storefront is lacking so many features as compared to what?

Point about how Steam grew their base...ahem there was a major outcry then and then what? Did they change their ways? Where is the wallet voting? Complaining about how Epic uses their money to grow their base and are going to punish them at the cost of what? Yet Valve has not been held accountable to such a degree. Realistically Valve has been given a pass. So what makes Epic that much worse that they cannot be given a break for growing their base is just the same rotten fashion? My point is that one cannot hold one accountable when the other is just as scummy.

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's still not about Steam, he just wants all his games in one place (understandable).

Keep trolling though :)

13. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'm glad you understand my reasoning. Again, it really just comes down to keeping as many games as I can in one library.

BangTail likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    steam is and was and online platform that people could deploy their games through and do it with relative ease, it was leagues ahead of any other direct download platform or service and there were others they were just garbage.

So yea many games integrated steam support like the total war games, i recall being required to install steam to play empire total war at lest, and bioshock was the first game i steam purchased because i simply could not buy it locally period not sure what was first though.

Steam was ahead of the curve period. And they did listen to customer feed back and criticism, many things changed on steam because of user backlash. bethsda paid mods through steam workshop, nm people flat out stealing mods to sell, which many called when this stuff was just a rumor, and that great experiment did not last long.

sure steam has problems i wish they would expand their refund system to allow some games more hands on and could still get a refund like 4 hours for a role playing game along those lines, some games might not show flaws in that default refund window.

early access is a mess still but they already tried several tweaks to improve it with the "expert" input of total biscuit and jim steraling and a bunch of youtube steam/pc "influencers" got to goto steam HQ meet with valve big bigs and discuss the early access system. did not help much did it? most consider the geenlight ea system still broken. and who knows maybe it is just best to flag everything on gl and ea buyer beware and do your research before backing a game and call it a day. educated consumers with as much information as they can manage is the best weapon against shovelware and sketchy early access games.

Steam has been pretty damn good for a all powerful mega company compared next to the apples and microsofts and EAs steam are right bloody angles, and epic are being the bad actor in practice. just because they got fortnight money to throw at games at the moment.

And as i have said before what if steam starts playing epics game what then? nothing but some user outrage and the epic shills trolling steam for the tit for tat stuff, but this would not help the industry to push platforms to be more insular. it would ultimately limit choice as games got sectioned off on different services.

Whos money would run out first though? streams or epics fortnight cash?

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    So you want the game developers to turn down more money for their hard work just so gamers can keep all their games in one place? Do you not see how selfish that is?

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @BangTail why are you so selfish? Why do you not care about the profits of an industry that has no problems exploiting and abusing its customer base and its workers? Why do you not want to add another ball to the juggling act of game accounts on PC? Why do you care if Epic's being a lazy pos and just buying exclusivity and going with the philosophy of "frack it, they have to come" instead of "build it and they will come"? You suck my man.

anxious_f0x, Kolt and BangTail like this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Radical solution in coming.

[​IMG]

Problem solved.

serbicu and BangTail like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Not having C drive named Windows is a crime.

serbicu and BangTail like this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    LoL, funny stuff.

Yah, I know right, how short sighted can one man (me) be?

[​IMG]

anxious_f0x and lucidus like this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL I do the somewhat the same but I still keep 4 or 5 steam links on different drives so people will like me lol,I guess about 5/6 terabytes of games.
    It is a PC you can do whatever you want until you can not.I get the point of what I forget the name of the dev is doing but noone on this forum or any forum is going to change the dev's mind.

So I do not give a frack as long as my game plays when I hit play,just so happens Metro Exodus I pre-ordered for less than 20 bucks on steam and it will still work on steam when I press play.
    Sure it could of been another place to supply the game for me that I want to play but really I do not care one bit who sells the fracking game,it's a game and entertainment for me ,not anything that will effect my life in anyway what so ever.
    It's a fracking game period not important at all.
    https://i.**********/KvGFH9X8/Desktop-Screenshot-2019-02-06-18-18-59-74-2.png