AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.2.1 driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2019.

1. gfxzett

gfxzett Guest

GPU:
    6900XT MERC BLACK
    Try DX12 - still bugged. :( And not on "known issues" anymore... hope it will get fixed.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Today when I rebooted my system, I was greeted with the same old "recommended" update prompt. It's not the end of the world, but the bug has definitely not been fixed and it feels a bit cheap.

Apart from that minor "recommended" update bug, it's been smooth sailing (only installed the display driver; as always) and I've not run into any blackscreens as with the 19.1.2 (beta) driver.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Stop spamming with version update message. It's your fault people. ;)

You are not both using DDU and installing the whole software package.

To me, because I always install everything from AMD's installation suite, it stopped since 19.1.2. Don't try being smarter than AMD developers here.

INSTG8R likes this.
  4. tarot

tarot Guest

GPU:
    XFX Vega 64
    I don't get the update to old crap anymore (clean install no DDU)
    As for this driver it seems to have fixed an annoying bug with media player classic.
    enhanced sync on would stutter anything I played same went for YouTube full screen but that seems ok now too.
    So far I like the driver, but have not done any real testing yet :)

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    All I do is select the "custom" installation (untick all of the things I don't need: radeon settings, hdmi audio & bug reporting) and I use the default uninstaller, reboot and run DDU to clean the rest.

6. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB

Not much faster aye? I love my MSI Radeon R9 390. Always made sure I undervolted it for temps.

If in doubt: MSI Afterburner will help you out.
    Since Zero Frozr is annoying I set a custom fan curve for my card, not had a problem since (1070MHz Core, 1500MHz Mem).

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    2250mhz at level 1 seems little bit too much. Im sure you ware getting memory errors even when it worked.

I tried these with no errors, no artifacts. Level 1 option performs the best for me, 1150mv.

Auto 2250mhz
    level 1 2100mhz
    level 2 2000mhz

8. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    According to hwinfo64 they were no memory errors occurred in 19.1.2 tested with 3 loops of Superposition Benchmark, no artifacts.
    In this driver i cant even select level 1 with default mem speed of 2000mhz and default memvoltage of 950mv. I appreciated your reply.

Undying likes this.
  9. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    Dont get me wrong I used to love and hate it from the bottem of my heart. I loved it for the frames it provided for more then three years. but i hated it for the way to high power consumption, the extrem fan noise (sapphire nitro) and the always fullspeed mem clock of 1500mhz causing by a dual monitor setup. My CPU has a new best buddy now - rx 580 sapphire nitro.

shredderman likes this.
  10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So now your memory clock is not at full speed with dual monitors?

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I have a weird clocks fluctuation with these in random intervals causing frametimes peaks for about 1-2 secs and FPS dips in the same time frame.

Clean installation after DDU doesn't help, fallback to 19.1.2 resolved an issue.

Any clues what could be wrong? My first AMD driver issue in ages.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  12. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    My Vega 56 Red Dragon has 32 while I am writing this... with fan speed at ZERO! So I absolutely need and want zero fan for custom fan curve in Wattman! And only wanting 21-30 degrees while idle is your thing but it's a bit crazy. Anyways... don't ever say "no one needs this or that" you are not speaking for everyone!

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Must be chiller cooled, or kept in a freezer.

Even good water doesn't get you below 25c in normal conditions.

14. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    In my case Level 2 gives more performance (more than 10 GB/s) at 2100 MHz with stock 950 mV voltage.
    BTW, max stable freq for my memory (Micron MT51J256M32HFB) in auto mode is 2125, higher values causes memory errors in HWiNFO.

Undying likes this.
  15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    This is still present...
    • Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.

16. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    Since my 390 burndown the second Monitor is plugged in into the motherboard and the main monitor is powered by the rx580.
    I must admit i just forgot to plug the second one into the graphics card again. No more full speed mem clocks and it works like a charm.

MaCk0y likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    That's what I always do. Although be careful of the latest Intel drivers. In the past, installing the latest version of the Intel drivers resulted in the AMD settings GUI not opening but the process will be running and consuming around 75% of the CPU. Sometimes it also affected HWiNFO if you have it installed and running at start up. Same deal not opening and using a lot of the CPU. The solution for me is let Windows install an old version of Intel drivers. Now, it might be fixed but not tried it.

Another thing, in the last few drivers, sometimes when some games open, they didn't scale properly. Had to play with the full screen/window setting. then when the game closes, the desktop of the main monitor would become not scaled properly. The taskbar will be almost hidden and everything is blurry. Changing to display only the second screen and then extend again fixed it. Now not sure if that is related to having second monitor connected to the Intel iGPU but with that solution it probably is. Anyway, in this driver version it is not happening so far.

Thadeus likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's OK on my side.
    Try to Clean Install or Reset Shader Cache (good to have it set to On for BFV profile)

isidore likes this.
  19. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    since crimson (~2016), every f**king time i reset a game profile the radeon settings crashes.
    if i try it after the crash it will work. but it HAVE TO crash first...wtf amd

the crash related module is: Qt5Core.dll

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    sometimes if i launch and stop a game many times ex 3-4, not always, the fourth time the game seems to stutter or something like stutter, just runs bad, low fps and stutter

reboot solves the problem

anyone else?