Power limit unlock

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Karalux, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Karalux

Karalux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760M
    Hello, i have Acer laptop with modified bios and GTX760M. It still has oc headroom but im getting power throttle which i cant fight with since power limit slider is disabled in Afterburner. Is there a way to enable the power limit slider? AB version 4.5.0. Thank you in advance

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The 760 might have a locked power limit, check off "unlock voltage control" in msi afterburners settings. This might allow you to get slightly higher clocks stable at the cost of a bit more heat.

3. Karalux

Karalux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760M
    I have already unlocked voltage control, didnt help. I would just edit vbios to increase power limit but this laptop gpu uses motherboard bios and i dont know how to modify it to increase the power limit, still hoping that it can be done with software

4. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126

5. Karalux

Karalux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760M
    I have already experimented with kepler bios editor many times, it looks like vbios does nothing or only holds default gpu values. After flashing a modded vbios nothing changes. Gpu is controlled by the main bios

6. Karalux

Karalux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760M
    Thank you, i will try nvflash in dos, maybe it will make a difference. But im sceptical since i had my main bios unlocked and edited and it took all limitations from overclocking gpu, only power limit is still there

7. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    And that's why:
    [​IMG]

8. Karalux

Karalux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760M
    Is there any other way to increase power limit then?