Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    can't even get it to connect to the servers, guess i'll have to try again some point sat or sun

2. I've finished all (three:rolleyes:) story missions, then on tyrant mission the game bugged out and didn't send last wave of enemies, so I quit.

To sum it up... awful amount of bugs, atrocious optimization and very limited "fun". If Andromeda didn't kill BioWare, this actually might.

BangTail likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't have the demo but while watching gameplay I was wondering about the numbers that appear when shooting enemy, can those numbers be turned off?

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah they can be turned off, that’s one plus to this game actually, it has a decent amount of HUD options.

KissSh0t likes this.

5. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Just tried the demo. I actually liked it, for the most part.

Hated:
    Always online crap. A solo offline feature would be nice. Doubt that will happen though.
    Under water controls.... WTF are they thinking?? It's all slowed down and very awkward to use.
    Flying is very tricky at first, I think they need to tweak the mouse controls a little and it'll be spot on.
    For some reason, I lost control of my character. Totally. Some times, partially. It may have been lag? Hopefully it's not some dumb ass mechanic to simulate damage to your Javelin. If it is, it needs to go.
    Very repetitive. Really hoping they're just showing us a small taste of what missions are available in the game. Got bored very quickly of 'fetch these items, acticate, defend that' missions.
    UI feels very clunky and not responsive. Hoping it improves.

Liked:
    Flying is awesome. Great sense of speed and power in the Javelin. Totally felt empowered and bad ass.
    Graphics are very nice. Even though a fairly big downgrade from the E3 events. To be expected.
    Audio is superb. Weapons, powers, even music is great.
    Javelin animations are the best. Very fluid and responsive to control.

I'm on Origin Access so will be able to check this out when it releases. Really hoping they make some improvements to the issues that people have reported and that the world is more alive and missions less repetitive and linear, like the demo.

That's all.

6. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I actually got an extra fps from bumping the resolution up from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440.

First time something like this has happened for me. I thought the bottleneck was a myth.

Undying likes this.
  7. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Just tried the demo, can't say I really enjoyed it. The controls just feel so sluggish and the forced auto aim shite is very aggravating. I was going to keep trying, but the game just hard crashed. I doubt I will try it again.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    end game 3 dungeons dailies and world explore enjoy.

BangTail likes this.
  9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Tried the demo. Player a few minutes and uninstalled. I don't really see how anyone could find that fun... Those who liked ME1-3, KOTOR and SWTOR are definitely not going to like it. It's a mediocre game in every possible way.

sverek and Deleted member 164252 like this.
  10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Angantyr likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    GOTY 2019

[​IMG]

cerebus23 and Anarion like this.
  12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Honestly, I think its commendable that in 7 days of that thread being posted. They gathered the feedback, communicated their opinion and what they would do about it. Then made two followup posts yesterday, where they describe what has, so far, been implemented for release;

PC UI Updates for Launch
    PC Controls Update - Aiming and Flight

Amaze and SpajdrEX like this.
  13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not always i see that they fix so much stuff already from any company, good work Bioware :)

14. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Tried the demo and was underwhelmed by the core gameplay. The experience can be boiled down to "stand in an enclosed area and fight off enemies until the process you're waiting for is completed", or "kill X number of Y enemies" or "gather these items and return". Anthem, maybe aside from the flight, literately offers nothing new from what I've already done in games like Destiny 2 or The Division.

This is not to speak of the insane graphical downgrade from E3 2017 reveal trailer in which they assured us the graphical presentation would be preserved.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    constant stutter, deleted the demo after a few minutes

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Just wondering, what was your average CPU usage? if you were monitoring it.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Was a bit underwhelmed too. I thought the story and character would have some importance but it seems just accessory, just an excuse for 'go there kill spiders' for whatever reasons.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Really like those Digital foundry videos

20. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    can someone tell me what these mean...in the first screenshot for my Flame Burst Seal, there's Damage, Recharge and Radius...what does the recharge mean?...the number of seconds it takes to recharge?...that doesn't make sense because lower valued seals have higher recharge numbers and is considered better

in my 2nd screenshot for my consumable it says it 'increases the recharge speed of equipped gear'...does that mean it increases the recharge speed of my abilities (such as Flame, Ice, Fire etc) or are they referring to the javelin suit itself (health, shield)?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]