AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.1.2 Drivers - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2019.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I have it enabled yes, but GPU usage was not higher then 70% before it drops to 30fps and GPU usage then to around 20%.
    I'm sure i seen this some long time ago with older games, not sure how it was resolved though (i guess get a better GPU?).

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    This driver is turning out to be a winner for my Gigabyte VEGA 64, no issue at all, Global Wattman setting has stuck, no issue with freezes and crashes (previous two drivers were horror stories). Feeling kinda noob, but this is the first time I'd tried AMD onscreen monitoring program and, though I don't think it's as polished as MSI AB, I like what I see, plus iI don't think it incurs a small framerate drop like MSI AB. Waiting for my PC Red Devil VEGA 64 to return from RMA, then I can check on CF performance...

3. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    So try to turn Vsync Off and see, if FPS drops below 60 in the same scenario.
    Also what about power consumption? I had similar problem with Witcher 3 - FPS dropped but GPU core wasn't 100% loaded. Then I found, that it hit power limit..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ware your clocks fluctuating when gpu usage drops? If so you could be power limited.

5. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    I have problems with this, or it might have been msi afterburner, computer just was okay 5 minutes, uninstalled everything, and are back at the 19.1.1, without msi afterburner.
    I mean, it constantly crashed before uninstalling msi afterburner, I think I will just use the radeon settings now.

RzrTrek likes this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    You'll be better off without any 3rd party overlays and especially for gaming; believe me I know, keep it simple and save yourself the trouble.

patteSatan likes this.
  7. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    I know my gfxcard is old, and wasnt a killer when I bought it, but I manage to keep a good setting in almost every game, and Im old, so I really like the "now working" built in tweaks for fans and power...r9 380 4gb oc from asus, will buy the VII when it comes.

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    380 4GB here as well, everything works fine with and without afterburner, windows 10 1809 enterprise x64. I would say problem is caused by something else on software side. Go clean gpu driver reinstall with ddu, install latest version of msi afterburner and everything should be good. Also i would recommend uninstalling all crapware if you have any, clearing temp and prefetch folders, clean registry with proper tool and do scan with malwarebytes antimalware.

Extremely rarely it is true, maybe with multigpu but as single gpu user i have a problem to recall when last time osd was giving me crashes or any other unwanted issues. To me such behavior is a thing of the past.

9. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    I always uninstall the drivers first properly, then by reboot in failsafe and use ddu.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm not sure what's up, but I've had several black screens (while browsing and changing windows) after having updated to 19.1.2 beta, but it stopped once I revert back to the latest 19.1.1 whql driver.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @RzrTrek I have been having this issues too since Radeon Software adrenaline 2019 with the GPU of the description, even Relive or W10 recorder fails to record after that, like if the compute parts were broken or somehting.
    Also when I'm starting the PC, the screen goes off during windows loading for 4 seconds and only gets back up after that, it's very weird

Curiously when I uninstall the drivers through DDU and reinstall it, it just get fixed, no blackscreens anymore and relive can actually record again, altough after 1 or 2 system restarts or shutdowns, the problems get back, I don't understand wth is going on, it might be the windows 10 too since I formatted it recently, and installed those radeon 2019, but I still think it's the drivers because (again) when I reinstall them, it just gets back to normal and then problems get again after 1 or 2 shutdowns/restarts..

are more people having this issues too?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This driver working great for me. Didnt experience any crashes. Im used to wattman settings, its doing everythin i need. Even monitoring/osd is working in any game.

Now i can finally drop the afterburner after all these years, feels strange.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    RzrTrek likes this.
  13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    After fixing the radeon setting reset after reboot (fingers crossed on this one yet) im happy with the last drivers so far, had 0 issues with them.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Bang fo' Buck Best Combo:

VIDEO REMOVED AFTER COMPLAINTS

15. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    when I turn on the pc , and log in on windows i have a lag of 1 second its a amd process of the video driver , on the last 10 or 15 release have this issue but with a old driver dont have this issue any idea how fix?

16. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Zero Fan still doesn't work. Fan curve doesn't act as a curve.
    And why is the max temperature for the curve 70°C? What happens after that?
    Is there no way to bring back the old min/max RPM, target temperature setting?

17. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The 19.1.2 one:

The newest one I just got from WU
    Radeon Settings Version - 2019.0123.1503.27088
    Driver Packaging Version - 19.10.00.12-190123a-338439E
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01386
    OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.13550
    OpenCL™ Version - 26.20.11000.12002
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.71
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.96

Seems to be an massive upgrade o_O
    https://mega.nz/#!G8hl3ICB!UdNxDC9guOV7i6a-hYXWO9ZxuDOgS5qbrluBEQ7X7SM

OnnA and Krteq like this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Ah no thanks, im gonna wait a driver from Radeon, not M$.

19. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    dxdiag shows WDDM 2.6 now. 19H1
    AIDA 64 shows 100% compatibility with OpenGL 4.6. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the 19.1.2 had 67% or something.

OnnA likes this.
  20. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X

Excuse me but how do I install this ? Via the .inf ?

Thx.