Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    enjoy your purchase. based on your comments its obvious you didn't
    do your homework on the Metro series. a single-player only game that had a big success both in sales and criticism on
    the Steam platform. i said a single-player only game on purpose, because the Epic launcher became vastly popular when
    Fortnite grew in numbers. taking a game like Metro to be an exclusive on the same stupid launcher is simply greedy-short-term thinking.

what a stupid decision.

lucidus and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You people here only watch your personal benefit. That's kinda sad.

I own all three books and all metro games both original and both redux ones.

I will not stop myself from owning this last installment of this franchise.

Shataan and Undying like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What? Nooo, are you serious? Puh this makes me so tired.

Edit : Crapster, Activision are the publishers :eek: That's of course terrible news for everyone.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I understand your reason for it. From a collector's purpose though, you'll never see it in one list, except you buy it twice, once now and later when it's released on steam. For a true collector and fan, that's even worse than our reasons to be upset.
    But that first sentence... yeah charity is the thing to go, that's why Deep Silver exchanged the platform to grab 12% more of their sales. Because of they are not out for personal profit maximization. Totally not. No way.

:rolleyes:

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    cos we only get some where in life at the benefit of someone else and not ourselves right? not when its a multi billion $ company you dont. im glad you are a fan but guess what so are we unlike you tho some of us were expecting for a long time for the third and most invested in dev wise outing of metro to come to steam and weeks before this was due to happen it all changed and changed for the worse. now we will have to wait an entire year for it to arrive on our platform of choice my guess being that it wont make anything like the money expected on the epic launcher and will arrive on steam much earlier just wait and see.

it aint about stopping yourself from having something you know you will enjoy its all about a little tiny thing named principles and my principles tell me that this sh*it is all the colors of the rainbow wrong and even tho the publisher and devs will better off with each sale made on the epic store there was little to no reason to not also have it sat pretty and willing on steam for everyone else, especially for those who had bought it and bought it twice over with the redux versions and supported the ip since it first went from a little known shooter made by some Ukrainian devs to what it is today. Turning your back on those fans in such a way and at the very last minute when preorders were already set and close to completing could irreversibly damage the company for years to come i hope not cos more metro is what I want i just want the choice that should go hand in hand with it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    lucidus, cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The majority of consumers watch out for what works best for them. What they are more comfortable with. That's nothing new, nor is it "sad" for a consumer to be upset, annoyed or frustrated with business/sales practices that go against option or choice when it comes to purchasing a product.

I also own the books, and both previous Metro games, original and redux. And i'm disappointed to see this happen. I really want Exodus... I truly do.
    But, I will not support a business move that hinders a consumers choice, a move that goes against the idea of competition. As far as I see it, the game has been delayed one year. And, by the time it releases on Steam... patches, updates, fixes and added content will already be there. So... in the end, those of us that choose to wait, will get the better product.

But, finally, people should want to use Epic's store because they choose to. Because it's a good store, a good service and has earned their trust and desire to be the place they go.
    Not because they have no other option.

Kolt, BangTail, Undying and 4 others like this.
  7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sometimes you have a point, this is not one of those times.

This nefarious garbage is not on the customer, this is on the devs, the publisher and greedy Epic, who are actively poaching companies away from Steam to their lacklustre and quite frankly bullshit 'alternative'.

That practice alone is highly questionable but the fact that the supposed savings are not even being passed on to the end user tells me all I need to know.

You are not the only legitimate supporter of Glukhovsky's work, stop trying to dress yourself up as Metro's biggest fan to try and justify your position, it is terribly disingenuous.

Kolt, Stone Gargoyle, lucidus and 2 others like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    My point is that I like Metro as a whole as it is. One misstep from some dev and a publisher, I won't betray anyone for a bad decision. I am not a kind of justice hero or anything.

Shataan, Amaze and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm usually uninterested in purchasing games not on steam or gog because I love to use big picture mode (I get a very console like experience on the tv+controller, which I enjoy), workshop, discussions, reviews, buyer protection, and community stuff like the cards, time tracking and achievements all add value for me. Uplay games bought on steam always integrate better with BPM as uplay is only a splash screen but if I add a uplay game, I have to deal with the damn window getting in the way so it's a very annoying experience (tried it with various AC games off and on steam). Gog I respect because they respect me and I'm fine with it being behind steam in terms of features.

Epic? They have f/a to offer me and I wouldn't have any benefit over just torrenting this one or any title they poach in the future and are actually paying money for me to have a worse experience if I pay for it! Merely playing the game is nothing special for me if they want my money. This is not a console where you're forced to buy another machine if a game has become exclusive (Rise of the tomb raider). I guess a lot of this also applies to bethesda.net and I'll be doing the same thing in their case but I digress.

fantaskarsef, Kolt and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Goku said the same thing before he beat down Jiren. :D

warlord likes this.

11. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    If this game does not deliver or has some serious flaws or issues it now will be crushed by gamers like Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 76. So they better deliver a real Metro game and not a Hollywood game...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    All they've done is manage to enrage a lot of hardcore PC gamers and lost any goodwill that they've earned throughout the years.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    lucidus and warlord like this.
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So any user, that has this epic launcher/installer in his/her PC, is not a hardcore PC gamer? Just because of fortnite, you people banish metro exodus from a worthy existence? Point well taken.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, hence... ;)

Though no hints of such a move but now that we have this example who knows.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    [​IMG]

warlord and Kolt like this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    You have this strange habit of perverting the things people say to try and suit your agenda, and seriously, who is 'banishing' Metro Exodus, that is such ridiculous hyperbole.

The publisher chose to do this, and by doing it they solicited a reaction, not the other way around.

When your motivations are patently financial, and at the expense of the consumer, you are unwise to expect a tickertape parade for your troubles.

Their actions will more than likely lose them sales because some customers will not be forced to do something they do not want to do.

Just because you have chosen to buy it in spite of Epic et al's behaviour, doesn't mean anyone that chooses not to buy it is wrong simply for having the courage of their convictions.

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @BangTail Excuse me, in real life, not online one, when you purchase a physical product, does it really matter if it isn't available in your favorite/preferable store? If you like it, will you purchase it regardless of being available only elsewhere or not?

Shataan and BangTail like this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @warlord

Yah, while that is true, that is not what we are discussing.

The situation here relates specifically to the sleazy action perpetrated by Epic.

Personally, I hope their behaviour puts them and their trash heap launcher out of business.

20. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Don't compare digital stores and platforms with physical stores please...

Stone Gargoyle, lucidus and BangTail like this.