Overclock MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by FatBoyNL, Jan 21, 2019.

1. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Hey guys, I have a question for other owners of the MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z.
    I think it's just a wonderful card; it performs well and it's very quiet. Fans go up only to 45-50% max when stressing the card and temps don't go past 70 degrees Celsius (winter though).

But OCing the card has been a real bitch for me: only +73MHz on the core speed and the card doesn't seem to like any overvolt at all so I'm at 0% for that. Memory currently set to +800MHz in Afterburner, but my benchmark scores don't seem to care much about higher memory speeds.

Overall in-game clock speeds are 2010-2055MHz and I'm getting ~10000 GPU score in Time Spy. Total score is held back by my old 2600k@4.5 of course. Don't really care as it's still not bottlenecking :D
    BUT I just need to OC my graphics card... Can't believe it won't take any higher than a mere 73MHz. That just can't be right...

Also tried a newer vBIOS (.124), but that doesn't seem to help.
    What offsets and speeds are you guys getting on da Z and does overvolting do much for you?

2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thanks for replying Gery. Wondering now if and when those restrictions will be lifted. Or just cured, or hacked. Power to the people :p
    Do you gain any performance when you apply extra core voltage in Afterburner?

3. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    Core voltage slider in Afterburner is basically placebo. It does nothing. I have it also at 0.
    OC offset for your card is pretty much what you can expect. There is nothing more you can do.