ASRock Radeon VII Photo Leaks - It's Reference Based

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    We may never know, but I would not be surprised if Sapphire had something to do with .

2. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Hmm, I don't know about that... assuming the multitude of Navi rumors floating about is anywhere close to true that architecture should handily cover all bases below the Radeon 7. As a newer architecture fully designed for 7nm I'd wager the margins on a ~ RTX 2070-performing Navi part should be better than a further-cut-down Vega 20 part as well.

Just saying my expectation would be the opposite, unless AMD is ordering a huge number of parts for the MI60/MI50, it wouldn't make much sense to see further Vega 20-based gaming GPUs with the current Navi roadmap.
    That's my thinking also.

As I understand it they've designed boards for AMD before and the fans especially look very Sapphire-y. Which is a good thing for sure, I've always been greatly impressed with Sapphire's cards.

3. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    What's the pricing and availability of PC parts like in your part of the globe? Are the prices higher and availability limited compared to say the US? Just curious what your experience is like when you're gearing up for a new build or upgrading.

4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Navi is supposed to come out mid year. I was hoping it would launch now instead of this card. But 6 months isn't to long to wait.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The pricing is very good compared to the shops across EU, also can get any part ~1-7days - we have a few retailers.. Ok except for GPUs, those are still the cheapest e.g. in German shops.

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    In this part of the world ie New Zealand availability of parts is really good. But prices are through the roof. This card and the 2080 are about $1000 US dollars.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    That is quite the increase. Glad you guys have good availability at least. Thanks for the reply.

Maddness likes this.
  8. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    The cheapest 2080 in South Africa is around $890. Most expensive is around $1350. I want to emigrate to NZ - was hoping the pricing would be better :p

OnnA likes this.
  9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Sorry, it's a little better but not a huge amount. Still you're welcome to come and see.

OnnA likes this.
  10. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I'll wait wait hoping to hear about some unlock method to get the full chip.

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    good to know, it means Nvidia's press department is full of feces. their white paper on G-Sync (HDR) is crap.