Anthem: 10 Minutes of Hidden Depths Gameplay

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Not my type of game. Voice acting is horrid. Game play seemed uninspired. Maybe this is the game that takes EA down, or is EA to big to fail. lol. After seeing my beloved BF franchise choked to death, I hope this tanks.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EA Sports will now kill the rest of EA :D

HonoredShadow and tunejunky like this.
  3. I legitimately am wondering if Bioware is trying to sabotage themselves after watching that game play video. I have never felt like wishing I was back in High School math class more in my life than during those 10 minutes...

And the facial animations & rigid body physics of the character at the opening of the video weren't too promising either. Just made me think "Oh, nice someone who worked on Andromeda applied their last minute rush-job here - kinda kidding since Andromeda really was done in a final year but still WTF is up with the character in the opening he looks ROBOTIC" Guys the Witcher 3 came out THREE YEARS AGO - THE STANDARDS FOR RPGs AREN'T THE SAME ANYMORE. F***K ...

Even 76 Got reamed by its community & not necessarily for the same concerns but reamed nonetheless. Hell At least AC:O looks amazing - just goes to show the action / rpg bar can be maintained three years later FFS. Come on guys... Red Dead isn't RPG but damn those characters are fine, body physics, facial anims etc. EA STOP MANDATING DEVS TO USE FROSTBITE IT'S CLEAR IT SUCKS FOR CERTAIN THINGS

tunejunky likes this.
  4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The game looks OK, but very generic.

5. Bioware has no clothes anymore - everyone can see it except them

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well, on a positive they are being very truthful about the game, because after watching the clip they are completly correct, all signs of any depth of gameplay are completly hidden. :p

7. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Then you would have 2 Crappy games from EA....

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Bioware invited a fundamentalist hardcore SJW feminist blogger to their studios to approve their game.

So we already know it's gonna be horse manure. Their target audience is not gamers. It's SJWs. Which is insane, since SJWs don't buy games. Gamers do. The only game SJWs play is Twitter.

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Putting that SJW drivel into games is the quickest way to kill them quick, imo. Aside from that, the game looks like nothing interesting or inspiring--ruins, what ruins? No time to peruse the ruins because of continuous half-wit banter and constant jumping and flying and firing, over and over again, quite repetitiously--the people talking to each other provide no sense of exertion whatsoever...;) They might as well be seated at a table having dinner and discussing the menu options! EA seems to place the value of the dollar ahead of the value of the entertainment they provide. Yawn. I loved the Bioware that gave us the NWN/2 universe--but that Bioware died long ago. Show the SJW preachers the door and seek to thoroughly entertain and the $ will follow. Slapping the word "multiplayer" over a lot of hokey garbage is not going to get it. If Bioware can no longer do great games then I really don't care if the current assembly of individuals calling itself "Bioware" makes it or doesn't, frankly. It's been a long time since I have thought of Bioware in the present tense, anyway.

10. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Is it that samurai from software game they showed at the last E3. It looked so great.

11. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I don't see anything hinting at any social message in this video or any videos i've seen of this game. It looks boring but that's it.

12. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    I am starting to think everything EA touches turn to a turd.

13. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    I wish better to see new Unreal Tournament or Hexen,Heretic.
    This looks like waste of time.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^^ I agree, however UT4 isn't coming any time soon and you have Fortnite to thank for that. Epic is rolling in tween's parents dough and UT4 is pretty much a community driven project at this point = its not going anywhere past where it is now and if it does, it won't be for a lonnnng time.

As for Anthem, like most games these days on release, based on this video, it would appear that its setup to be underwhelming. After some time and further development, the bones seem compelling enough to make it cool, but it seems pretty basic and although the environments and graphics do look good, they need to make sure there is a game there to back those things up.

I'll reserve my judgement for now, knowing that the style these days is to overpromise and underdeliver and then deliver .. later. if at all.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Looks too over-the-top in action and style, so not my type of game. But nice graphics and atmosphere. Maybe the final nail in the coffin is EA (evil assholes).

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Meh, boring.

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    For all the oversaturated visuals, this looks incredibly bland. I'll stick to Resi2, Metro (when it comes out) and eventually Sekiro. I also have a bit of a backlog of games that I want to finish (like Nioh and ELEX). EA can (yet again) go blow itself.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  18. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz

Game is already dead. It does not have any endgame at all. Just better gear on and on with higher difficulty of PVE.

20. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Wow ! played for 10 mins , not my cup of tea.