The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I have flashed my RTX 2080Ti with Galax 380W BIOS and flashed friend RTX 2080Ti AMP as well and finally his clocks won't bounce like crazy in gaming

In my opinion this BIOS is best and works well with reference PCB GPU

Other friend running Palit RTX 2080Ti Gaming with same BIOS under water and no issues

Temperatures are on OK for his build as he have single 360mm radiator for 8086k with 5.2GHz and RTX 2080Ti, on RTX 2080Ti we are seen 45-47°C and on CPU 75°C in Cinebench or Asus Realbench stress test or OCCT 4.4.2, GPU block we are used Bykski GPU waterblock and CPU block as well

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Ridiric, blurp33 and chispy like this.
  2. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Dude whatever you want to believe is fine with me. I’m done talking about this. It is what it is

3. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Yeah it is what it is, and HH's benchmarks show that the aftermarket GTX 2080Ti's get 60fps or better on all games he tested at 4k, and significantly higher than 60fps on quite a few too, some games he tested are getting over 100fps at 4k, there are one or two games he tested that get borderline 60fps and probably see a few dips bellow as the 60fps is average but an overclock might resolve that, and there are more games getting 60-80-100fps than there are getting borderline 60fps.

4. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Some scenes yeah it hits 60 FPS and over.. other demanding areas, it buckles.. 1440p is a locked 60. Almost like the new 1080p. Old games on the other hand.. of course it’s 4k 60

And I’d only really recommend overclocking if watercooled or you want it at 80 to max fan speed

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

5. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Most 2080Ti aftermarket cards get over 80fps average on BFV, just on 60fps average on shadow of the tomb raider (so yeah there will be dips bellow 60 on that one), 90fps or better in strange brigade, 62-64fps or so on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (in Dx12, it runs better in 11 afaik), 64-66fps in FarCry 5 (maybe a few drops bellow 60 but should be pretty stable), over 90fps in F1 2018, over 70fps in shadow of war, over 90fps in AotS extreme, over 90fps in Destiny 2, almost 130fps in forza motorsport 7, 90fps in metro last light redux, over 80fps in RotTR, over 70fps in The Division, 65-67fps in ghost recon wildlands, almost 100fps in witcher 3, over 110fps in Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus, and those results are based on standard aftermarket RTX 2080Ti's the new MSI RTX 2080Ti Lightning gets even better (its stock is closer to a lightly overclocked aftermarket card), the founders cards in a case with good airflow should be able to keep up with the aftermarket cards with a very light overclock.

I could find more games to list but I got tired of looking through multiple reviews and youtube clips to make sure I was showing accurate results for each game.

The majority of games in that list are getting quite a bit over 60fps, actually the average fps if you combine all those games is ~84fps at 4k (depending on which reviewers benchmarks you take the average from)

P.S.
    Just thought I would note some of the reviews I was looking at had the cards in cases that weren't very good for airflow and the cards performed worse because of it (hotter and louder) but still got within 5fps of the same card in a better case or test bench.

P.P.S.
    Thought I would also point out as someone else did, when you were talking about lowering to console graphics settings and resolution, the card is still MULTIPLE times faster than console graphics processors, so you are going to have to lower a hell of a lot lower than just to "High" settings rather than "Ultra" before you start seeing console level graphics at 4k, games that a RTX 2080Ti currently barely averages 60fps at 4k Ultra would run at ~15fps on console with the same settings, they lower the settings A LOT on console to get 30fps 4k and often still don't stay at 30fps, jumping down from ultra to high to maintain 60fps at 4k is still going to look WORLDS better than console.

BangTail likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    His experience is obviously not the same as other people's which I don't have a problem with.

What I do have a problem with is when people try to state their opinions as indisputable fact.

Ridiric likes this.
  7. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Lol smh

8. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Yeah I know.... I just got bugged by him talking bout console level graphics and not being a 4k graphics card, hell I would still consider a GTX 1080Ti or RTX 2080 an acceptable 4k graphics card as long as you are fine going down to high settings to maintain 60fps (or medium-high for especially demanding titles).

I personally prefer high refresh more than 4k so I'm going to aim for 120ish fps at 1440p when I upgrade my monitor to go with this GTX 1080Ti I have, but it doesn't mean it cant do 4k 60fps and a RTX 2080Ti is even better for 4k 60+ fps. **currently running a 120hz 1080p monitor, cant stand going lower than 100fps now that im use to it :(

BangTail likes this.
  9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Wow truth hurts huh

10. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Does it? are you in pain with all that truth you were blasted with?

BangTail likes this.

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Nope, it’s not a big deal. It is what it is, don’t know how it’ll be a different experience when we all got the same card kinda. It’s a great card and offers great a experience but honestly it’s not a 4k monster.

3840x2160 is a abit hard to handle for the 2080 ti with current games, you’ll need to lower the graphical settings to hit the target most of the time or a powerful water cooler and really high power limit.

Or who knows, Nvidia will release a kick ass driver and suddenly make the 2080 ti powerful

SpajdrEX likes this.
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Without rtx raytracing and the other stuff, u keep 90% of the time a stable 60 fps on ultra settings on 4k.

BangTail likes this.
  13. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Don’t know what’s the big deal, maybe it’ll be able to deliever kick ass 4k performance with the 3080 ti.

And I’ll just sell this card until 4k is fully 60fps playable.

Aside from that, don’t really recommend the 2080 ti

SpajdrEX likes this.
  14. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I already conclusively proved that is incorrect, out of all modern games I looked at, there are 2 or 3 borderline 60fps where a quick drop to high will fix the issue, and another 3 or so games that are mid to high 60s (read 64-68fps) that may see some dips that if you REALLY wanted rock steady 60fps with absolutely zero dips you could drop down to high as well, the rest of the games all achieve over 70fps (with many in the 80-90 range), when I averaged out the reviews of the troublesome games that sometimes hit bellow 60fps across reviewers none of them averaged bellow 60fps (if I was looking at just founders edition those troublesome games would average at about 57-58fps).

That basically means averaged an aftermarket RTX 2080Ti plays EVERY SINGLE GAME I looked at, at 60fps or higher and the average of EVERY game I looked at was ~84fps when combining results from all reviews, including reviews with cards that were hitting 80c+ due to cases with bad airflow. And an un overclocked founders plays EVERY game at 57fps or higher at 4k with an average of ~79fps.

I think what you are trying to say is that you are disappointed that your RTX 2080Ti cant play 2 or 3 out of pretty much all current gen games and previous gen games at 60fps 100% rock solid steady at MAXIMUM graphics settings.

The card is currently the definition of 60fps 4k gaming.

And if you drop to High rather than Ultra you have 60fps 100% stable on pretty much everything, and tbh if we are talking detail there is normally very little difference between high and ultra and you might not even need to change everything off ultra a few settings here and there might do it.

The issues I have with your posts is your over stating the issues and dramatizing the issue, IT DOES NOT require console level graphics changes to hit 60fps, YOU DONT need to change the settings *most* of the time to hit stable 60fps, you are stating the exceptions to the rule as if they were the norm not the other way around.

yasamoka and BangTail like this.
  15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    If you’d like I’d do benchmarks with any titles you wanna see in 4k max settings, framerate frequency power target, FPS, etc everything will be displayed.

Fresh secure erase with parted magic install of windows 10 1809 enterprise or Ltsb all drivers up to date.

You name it, I’ll bench it and show you in every area the 2080 ti will crumble holding 60 FPS at full fat 4k

At 1440p, it’s a locked 60 tho..

Wow I just checked past comments.. you dudes really defending this gpu like if it’s your wife. Geez it’s just a video card. Abit expensive but yeah.. so what it can’t do 4k 60 in most new games

16. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Ill just reply with this as I edited it in my last post a bit late.

The issues I have with your posts is your over stating the issues and dramatizing the issue, IT DOES NOT require console level graphics changes to hit 60fps, YOU DONT need to change the settings *most* of the time to hit stable 60fps, you are stating the exceptions to the rule as if they were the norm not the other way around.

Also again, there are at most 5 games across multiple reviews that stray into the low 60 averages and only 3 of them had concerning frametimes where you would OFTEN slip bellow 60, but as these are averages even in the worst title more than 50% of the frames were above 60fps. As I said the founders edition without overclock is a little lower and can revise that down to about 57fps with lower dips.

If your card is running as hot as you say, its either due to abnormally high ambient room temperature, chocked airflow in the case, mix of both, or a dud chip or possible issue with the chip conducting heat to the heatsink (bad paste or heatsink not mounted properly).

You are stating your experience as the accepted norm where all evidence is pointing to it being an exception, I'm not doubting YOUR card in YOUR setup is having the issues you are saying it is having, I'm just pointing out its not the norm, also you seem laser focused in on the few titles that are the outliers and not the majority where it does great, I can understand that would be upsetting if they were the main games you played but it still doesn't make those particular games the norm rather than the exception.

((also at 1440p you should be able to lock it stable at much higher than 60fps, but I'm guessing your monitor doesn't go above 60hz))

(((Also also, in regards to your last edit, it CAN do 60fps locked in *most* new titles, its the few outliers that it CANT, this is the whole problem with your arguments, you take the outliers and make them the norm rather than the exceptions!! its faulty logic!)))

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    yasamoka and BangTail like this.
  17. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Also I would also like it to be known that I don't like the RTX 2080Ti as a graphics card, its way to expensive for what it offers especially when taking into account previous generations performance increases over last generation with little price change, I hate that nvidia made us pay 1080Ti prices (or in the case of Australia more than 1080Ti prices) for 1080Ti performance in the new gen, the RTX 2080 should NOT cost the same as the 1080Ti with the same performance, there is no gain there, the only possible redeeming factor is the new technology for ray tracing and the tensor cores being more useful for non gaming tasks, but ray tracing was nowhere to be seen at launch and is still kind of a no show today, the tensor cores for non gaming is cool though.

Just thought I would make this known so people cant just claim I'm some kinda fanboy that thinks the RTX 2080Ti can do no wrong.

My previous posts are all just about me hating misinformation and logic faults.

The RTX 2080Ti taken without price in context is a fantastic 4k 60fps card though, or a 1440p 120fps+ card or a 1080p 165fps card. Also being the top dog, they really can charge whatever they want for it, doesn't change the fact that its a bit dodgy that they did.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't think anyone likes the price and this isn't about being a fanboy, as you have repeatedly stated, the logic being used is faulty, that's what's at issue.

Ridiric likes this.
  19. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I have a really bad habit of making multiple edits after I post something... I should really take more time and get it out all in one post... lol sorry guys :oops:

20. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    For any of you, you can pick either 1 or 2 and leave it at that and forget.

1. Can play any game at 4k fully maxed out get over 60fps, i've seen many benchmarks, heard and read alot of articles and its very very true. I got a 2080 ti and its buttery smooth at 4k no issues whatso ever. The temps is great at 4k, dont need a custom fan curve, its super awesome. I use only 4k, i 100% right, im lovin it. Never goes over 60, 70 or 75. I've ran 3dmark for hours... im super cool. Happily ever after.

2. Cannot play every game at 4k maxed out at 60fps. You can play alot of old games that of course will play at 4k 60fps, but for games such as gta v, shadow of the tomb raider and many more.. 4k fully maxed out 60 fps experience isn't going to happen. You will get 60 fps in scenes that are not very demanding but others it'll buckle down to the 40s or 50s. Sometime 30s. That's when things are really pumped up fully maxed out! .. Could kinda get hot but not really over 80... sometimes 80 to 81 but never saw over that. Ray tracing isnt so great and dlss is somewhat a kinda sharpening filter. Aside from that its a awesome card, and is it worth 1300 to 1400 usd? Not really. But is it a stable, fully working, no issues, really great performance after you customize settings and resolution? YES.

In some ways i'd recommend this card but because of steep price, i maybe won't. Do i regret buying it? Never. I love my 2080 ti and its a awesome piece of tech and always willing to see what nvidia creates next. But just giving my honest review for anyone that cares. But if anyone asks me to go nvidia or amd... i'd tell them go nvidia hands down. You get what you pay for.. pure fully stable quality.

Ok thats it. I'm officially done making any more posts on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.