GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    In that case he's correct.

2. Mahershala

Mahershala Member

GPU:
    1070gtx
    i was saying is there a way to force the driver for the setting to apear, like from nvidia profile inspector as i found there are some gsync options there

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    My post has nothing to do with Gsync, Vsync etc, it was about driver performance as some others said a regression was happening with this driver in BFv.
    I think they were on 10xx series, Boost3.

4. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

I meant the freesync gsync ...

5. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Worked fine with 29UM68 LG.

The only issue that I'm having is that everytime I reboot my PC, I get frameskipping at 75hz, if I change the refresh rate to 60 then back to 75 It goes back to work flawlessly.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    That's the timings getting fubar'd in driver. I expect a hotfix, or a fix in next WHQL.

7. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Noticed that this happens when my monitor is idling for some minutes too. Changing the "ratio" in monitor OSD to "Original" then back to "Wide" also "fixes" this issue.

8. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3
    fluidz and yasamoka like this.
  9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  10. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb

11. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    I have some issues with this driver. First I tried the G sync and I didn't see any G sync line in the nvidia control panel. As it turns out it is only windows 10. It was never mentioned any of the videos I've been watching about the subject. OK, I installed windows 10 in dual boot, the adaptive sync worked(?) only tested in one game Assassins Creed Odyssey and there was some unknown stuttering sometimes. Could be from other issues I didn't bothered investigating a the improvement was unnoticeable on my rig.( Asus GTX 1080 running the game around 60 fps) My monitor is an LG 34UC79G-B, 21:9, 144Hz.
    My main issue is not with this new feature though. Since I got back to windows 7 mainly because I hate the 10 but I think the issue was there as well. I have a 3 display setup. I have the gaming monitor connected with DP, and a Sony 50" tv and a Yamaha receiver connected to the GPU through HDMI. The Yamaha is not even a display but I have to keep it there so I can put the sound through there while I'm watching the picture on one of the others. (movies or games.) Good setup, worked fine so far. With this driver I found that newly opened windows open up in random displays. Really annoying when they decide to "show up" on the Yamaha. I don't remember if I ever had this problem with other drivers. I hope it is a clear driver issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maybe, but sometimes games sync up perfectly to the monitor and say Rise Of The Tomb Raider, can be sitting along nicely around 65-120fps and the monitor will sync up nicely (there is a little delay on the monitor updating the OSD though) but its within range. Then after a while I look at the monitors OSD again and the refresh rate seems to have doubled to what the game is rendering at so 50fps becomes 100hz.

It is as if the game, the driver, and the monitor are going out of sync somehow.

Could be the Nvidia driver setting "Preferred refresh rate" in the 3D settings panel. I have it set to "highest available" will try and set it to "application controlled" and see if that helps.

Its not a big issue, the tech works perfectly and I can smooth feeling frame rates and zero tearing!

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Hey AxelL? Is DSR working/selectable for you? Thx. I have the same monitor as you and a 1080ti, and I couldn t use DSR with these drivers, but Gsync did work well. Thx again.

I should add that the DSR options are available in the nVidia applet when I use the 417.71 drivers. But in the "Change Resolutions" area, no Dynamic Super Resolution resolutions are there. Just Ultra HD, HD, SD. And in game I cannot select the DSR resolutions.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Could not edit, but Acer ED242QR 144Hz should be Acer ED242QR Abidpx? Unless someone reported about the regular 60Hz version?

Acer ED242QR = white, 60Hz monitor, adaptive sync = unknown (to me)
    Acer ED242QR Abidpx = black, 144Hz monitor, adaptive sync = working

15. RYBB77

RYBB77 Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    What monitor you using? I'm having this issue with a XF240H. In Pendulum demo setting the fps to 60, sometimes the monitor OSD shows 60Hz, sometimes it'll jump to 120Hz and stay there until I alt tab out and in. Well withing Freesync range. It's weird but I do think it's a driver issue currently.

16. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    Same here...

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Same here. If somebody figures out how to toggle or expose the setting just to test over HDMI, that could lead to good things.

18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    How long till the 1st hot fix ya think?

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RE2Remake is releasing this Friday.

20. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I have a 1080ti and just installed 417.71 over the previous latest driver using DDU. I've had 2 black screens so far. No error codes, both monitors just go blank and into standby mode and they dont recover. Using Dell S2716DG Gsync and Asus VG278 non Gsync.
    Reverting back!
    Edit I'm running Windows 1809 so it could possibly been because of that

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019