GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Vyre

Vyre Guest

GPU:
    1080TI
    After creating new thread i think my problem fits this thread a bit more so i will copypaste it here.

Hello,
    If this is wrong place to ask this, sorry, please move it somewhere more appropriate.
    Also I didn't expect G-Sync to work without a problem on uncertifed monitor but this is really weird and I don't think its monitor that is at fault here.

So basically after enabling G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel I launched BFV and was greeted with this. Not a pretty sight. After enabling various stuff in BFV, multiple restarts, god know what else (but i didnt set it to dx12, this will be important later) it somehow stopped doing that. Overjoyed I played for an hour or two and then i slept my PC and went to do something else. When i came back and launched BFV, the issue came back.
    I was annoyed so I started digging deeper. I downloaded program to test freesync/gsync called Refresh2025 and while i was using it I noticed that this issue only happens on DX11 and Vulkan and not on DX12.

DX11
    DX12
    Vulkan

My monitor : 27'' LG 27UD58-W

If you have any troubleshooting tips or know what's going on here, kindly share. I'm out of my mind here.

EDIT: After DDU-ing and installing "clean" driver issue persists.​

2. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    if you read my previous comments you will see i mentioned something is horribly wrong with this driver and BF5 (i also saw some people mentioning this on bf5 reddit)
    also after reading few more comments here the problem might be connected to the reported case of non stable clock which will explain some of this problems....

3. Vyre

Vyre Guest

GPU:
    1080TI
    But It doesn't happen only in BF5 for me. It happens in DX11 and Vulkan applications too, It even affects desktop apps If G-Sync is enabled in windowed mode.

But your remark about non stable clock is something I need to investigate. Powerlimit was one of things I was changing when I somehow got BF5 to work in DX11 with freesync without those stutters.

But it will have to wait around 18h as I need to sleep and work.

4. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    Shataan likes this.

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Thx for the link!

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @Vyre I recognize your issue. The driver is losing the timings for FreeSync, and you are getting framedrops. Happens when I change games, or after long idling. Solution: disconnect panel, reconnect. Timings data will get restored, and GSync will then be flawless.

Also, I had an odd experience with Diablo 3. Had a hitching issue, and my solution was to enable Max Frame capping in-game, and choose 61 fps. Then gameplay was perfect. If disabled, or set to 60 or less, game would hitch at regular intervals while moving. (My panel's range is set to 32-60)

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Out of interest: can the same be achieved by restarting display driver (like with CRUs restart) instead of dis and reconnecting monitor?

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Copy and paste from the other thread thought I put it here for people to see..This is the FIX for me until driver is fixed.

My Monitor same panel you have.I know what this is and here is the fix.
    Change resolution to some different in Nvidia control panel run Nvidia Pendulum Demo if you want to check it out and switch back to Native 3840 x 2160.Boom.
    If you get the weird crap in game do the same change resolution. You will have to do it every restart for me I only restart my computer when testing overclocks.

Also I changed freesync range with CRU 33-61 and tested from 30-40 FPS in Nvidia Pendulum Demo video below.If you use after burner you can turn on frametimes and see how smooth the adaptive/freesync/gsync is.

LG 27" 4K UHD 5ms GTG IPS LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (27UD59P-B.AUS) - Black

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider 4K Ultra SMAAT2X with FPS 35-45 and smooth.

9. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Hello, I've Zotac 2080 Ti Amp Extreme. After downloading this driver I'm having lower 3dmark Time Spy score. It was doing above 14.4k in Graphics score now below 13.8k though 3dmark shows same core/memory clock speeds. Please help on this

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Anyone tried Witcher 3 with these?

11. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    This is a nice driver for the desktop, for games not so much. Vermintide 2 runs really good, but BF1 seems to suffer from the same thing the rest of the 417xx drivers do, and that's that they're blurry. They're also slower than 416.94 with more frame drops and larger frame drops.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, but only briefly to see if GSync sofks. Game was very crisp and smooth, but I’ll need to see if there are any anomalies.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am on GTX970 and no issues with BFv here, boost clocks flat max and runs like all the other drivers for me.
    I don't use Vsync so that might affect things (I cap my fps at 63 with 60hz monitor).

14. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    Today I got my LG 27UK650-W an Adaptive-VSync works like a charme with my RTX 2080ti :)

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    On my monitor if I look at the OSD on the screen it self it shows the refresh rate at 2560x1440@144Hz when on the desktop, then when inside a game the 144Hz refresh changes in the OSD it self as the game renders and it matches the in game fps OSD.....

HOWEVER,

Sometimes the OSD of the screen shows different refresh than the in game fps OSD does. Most the time the OSD of the screen shows double what the game is running at. I do have a video of the issue but can't upload it now.

Freesync works flawlessly though, no flicker, and even though the screens OSD seems to be showing different values than games fps OSD does the games still feel and look smooth and there is no tearing.

My monitor is the ROG Strix XG32VQ Curved

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    That should work too. For me, the miniDP cable is right next to me, so it's easy.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Perhaps it's the frame-doubling feature in the Nvidia driver which tries to keep the refresh rate as close to the monitor's maximum refresh rate as possible. For instance, if the game's fps is 60 then the driver will double it so that the monitor will refresh at 120Hz. Even though the monitor's minimum refresh rate is 48Hz, perhaps Nvidia decided to perform the frame-doubling even if the game's fps isn't below the minimum refresh rate yet in order to keep the experience as smooth as possible.

18. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

970's dont support gsync.

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yes, they do. Why wouldn't they ...

I've personally run G-Sync over a 970 and a 980.

tiliarou likes this.
  20. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I think he meant G-Sync Compatible featurre on FreeSync Monitors..

Anyways this driver is fine for my RTX 2080Ti's no problem in games...