Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    my body is ready, i can't believe only one month

Shataan likes this.
  2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Goofy? That's how people look in the real world.

Metro isn't that typical western game where you expect to see perfect characters, which isn't realistic at all.

Also quality of animations depends on how much effort you put into it.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    New video, The Making of Metro Exodus:

It has some new footage of game environments! Looks absolutely beautiful and stunning!

I hope my Titan Xp can max this game out at 1440p with the exception of the ray traced effects. I never really wanted to upgrade my graphics card until a powerful enough 4K capable GPU became available. RTX 2080 Ti is mighty, but it falls short of my expectations at 4K. If NVidia hadn't invested so much die space in deep learning for ray tracing, the RTX series would have had stronger raw 4K performance.

AMD seems to be heading towards that direction, with their newly announced Radeon VII. GPU has a whopping 128 ROPS and 1TB/s bandwidth! :eek: Too bad it uses the same fundamental architecture as the Vega cards, but even with that limitation, the performance increase is substantial.

4. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    That was great. Show's what you can accomplish with passion and group of like-minded people.

Also love how they described those real-life derelict buildings that inspire the series - 'abandoned beauty'. Never thought of it that way, but it is.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, I'm sold! Just afraid my 1080Ti won't cope 3440x1440 but I guess we'll see.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No RTX/PhysX and no HairWorks will be easy i guess. But if we enable them....

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    RTX 2080 should be able to run it with all the bells and whistles but lower tier idk.

I can imagine it will look very nice with Ray tracing.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The PhysX in this game might be CPU based, like it was in Metro Last Light Redux. CPU PhysX has improved significantly over the years, to the point where effects that used to require hardware acceleration can now run very fast on the CPU. A good example of this is X-Morph defense. The developer claimed they got a 2-3 times performance increase with PhysX 3.4 over version 3.3 when it came to rigid body physics. As you can see in this example, the game has TONS of destruction effects.

Wasn't too long ago that this level of rigid body effects would have required some sort of hardware acceleration. But with PhysX having been rebuilt from the ground up for multithreading and SIMD, it's fast enough to run advanced effects like cloth simulation, large scale rigid body effects etc on the CPU with great performance.

9. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Yeah, same video card and resolution, hope the performance is good. I have a feeling it will be, its still a very powerful card and it would be crazy if it didn't perform at good frame rate. I am not expecting 100+ by any means, but at least a solid 60.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Now tell me you wouldn't want to have one of these things...

Solfaur likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not... really.
    I mean, the watch is the coolest looking thing in there, but it just looks so big and clunky that it wouldn't be functional to wear.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No nylon trash bag inside? :D

Netherwind likes this.
  13. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I higher hopes for ray-traced global illumination than reflections... Higher hopes in that it'll make a much bigger difference now than reflections.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ofc, GI changes the whole scene..Reflections are here and there..

15. Nah, I have finished all Metro games and RTX or not, this game will be awesome either way...

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i wouldn t care much aswell about reflections rtx, i d rather have lighting graphics upgrade

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'm looking forward to the more open sections of the game. I really liked the Moscow areas in 2033/Last Light, so an even more open version would be awesome, because these games feature a lot of really well designed environment and monsters!

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    It'll be my first Metro game. I'm curious enough about it to plan on buying it. Not sure if it's going to be 'Day One' though, probably not. I'll wait maybe 2 or 3 patches and see what gets fixed. I watched some of the video previews and in one of them the A.I. was barely existent, they often just stare into the distance or react about 500 years later to the character's proximity and footstep sounds. But those videos are at least a couple of months old by now. Maybe the A.I. was still being worked on. The environments do look good, the overall concept of the game does seem interesting. But something tells me I should be patient with that one.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You should probably get into first two games before this.

20. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    New gameplay footage from a preview event. It is on Xbox One X