GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3
    I have 3 of these 28" monitors

Exact model is LU28E590DS/ZA And yes Gsync is working on it and enabled.

My PC specs
    I9 7900x
    Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7
    2x GTX 1080ti SLI
    32GB DDR4 4666Mhz
    3x 28 inch LU28E590DS/ZA monitors hooked up via DP cables to the first card.
    Windows 10 pro

Here is a screen grab of the pendulim demo for gsync running with my control panel /device manager open and the nvidia control panel open on the g-sync options.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yEDaJpG4m1M9xe718

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I was just playing SWTOR @ 4K and it was a stuttery mess. I checked my monitor's settings, and the Timings was set to Faster. (Standard, Faster, Fastest) I changed it to Standard, and in order for it to take effect, I had to disconnect the monitor and reconnect so it got re-detected. Game is now fluid.

3. silvaxl

silvaxl Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti
    U28E590 monitor , when i enable freesync in monitor the refresh rate goes to 64 hz.
    how can i use it properly whith gsync , anyone managed whith cru

4. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    On my old, is exactly same like you, and my news U28H750 use exactlyo same Freesync with same range hz, and on both i get exactly same result, black screen flashing etc, i using display port 1.2

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    What country do you live in?

6. Aslinger

Aslinger Guest

GPU:
    Titan X Pascal
    That's not right, 417.22 is better for Pascal users: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/a5j1d1/driver_41735_faqdiscussion/edmdl9a/?context=2

I am waiting for a 417.71 Review, before I install this driver. No freesync/gsync here.

7. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

What is your exact monitor model since there are several variants of the U23E590 monitors.

8. silvaxl

silvaxl Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti
    br model , i make it work after a reboot
    33 - 64 hz , but its wortless, example : 42 fps with gsync is 42 herts synced , it upped the input lag , is more smooth but more lag.

i prefer the normal vsync mode .

9. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    so, with other user, have found maybe issue for my monitor and for few samsung model, it is with Firmware, and with drivers so, and so, showdown or switch.
    "It seems that the driver Nvidia pulls the mouth with some firmwares at some manufacturers to initialize FreeSync synchronization which specifically Samsungs. I rely on test feedback via the following link:
    Freesync Monitor Testing Master List where a owner of the same model as mine says that freesync works but that without knowing why he stutter to death in 3D apps and he is forced to relaunch the screen to remove the worry."
    it said, caused by syncronisation problem in moment you power on pmonitor with drivers/fw, so reset screen or switch freesync mode can fix that.

So nvidia need look on that for fix that

10. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

Seems like the BR model doesnt look like it works well with gsync, luckily I got ones that work very well with it.

11. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I have found that you can check your CRU modified minimum refresh using the Pendulum demo by modifying the fps sliders. By doing that i was able to discover which refresh rate caused the artifacts. I did this by first modifying CRU to the largest range I could - 24-60hz - and in the Pendulum demo i raised the min fps till there were no artifacts. Discovered that 35-60hz was artifact free compared to 32-60hz.

yasamoka, Robbo9999 and Maddness like this.
  12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    yes.

13. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    If you read Nvidia third quarter earnings report, the company has a lot of unsold pascal inventory.
    Otherwise, I don't think nvidia will even wanna support VESA Adaptive Sync for pascal in first place or for turing at all.....

In fact, even the older kepler is 'vesa adaptive sync' compatible despite being displayport 1.2. It is using the same VBlank mechanism. It just that Nvidia got it out in the market first via its brand Gsync before vesa adaptive sync standard is finalised. One could say nvidia kepler is "displayport 1.2a compatible", same with maxwell.

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    I have record video after get Gsync works with double switch Freesync mode,

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Was it in pailatiti? I think the game is just messed up. I'm on a 9600k at 4.9ghz and getting drops too. Always in the same spots too. Like it's loading the next area.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm on a 2080ti but thanks for reporting this. I was looking for a performance report on these drivers and had to sort though loads of freesync related comments to find this. I'm going to give these a try and see if they perform well on rtx.

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Nice.... VRR below 60hz..... Lol

18. VikingPIrate999

VikingPIrate999 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Amp 1080
    I can tell that you do not own a freesync monitor, because if you did you’d know FS enables via driver and not on the monitor. Also, what’s up with the inaccurate instructions on how to find the settings? I’m not seeing Global Settings, Monitor Technology, Gsync Compatible etc...[​IMG]This is what I'm seeing; https://**********/w761z8j7

So where the hell are you getting Global Settings > Monitor Technology?????? You high?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    this driver broke Geforce Experience for me. I tried wiping with DDU and reinstalling, no luck. I also rolled back to 417.58, and GFE still won't load (it was working before i updated today, i used ShadowPlay a lot this week, lol)

After starting GFE, Nvidia Web Helper goes to 7% CPU for a while, and a couple of GFE processes start, but they don't show any window. If i kill Nvidia Web Helper or nvnodejslauncher.exe, GFE suddenly appears, and says "something went wrong, try restarting Geforce Experience".

Nvidia Telemetry service is started and set to Automatic. I tried disabling it and then GFE errors out immediately (same thing if i rename/kill Web Helper or nvnodejslauncher)

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I have the same monitor and had a horrible experience with g-sync. I'll try what you did.