GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Acer ED242QR Abidpx

GTX 1060 using DisplayPort. G-Sync Compatible (not validated) but seems to be working fine at 1920x1080, 144Hz. Only played Warframe so far but it was smooth sailing.

Using a DVI-D cable causes Freesync to be grayed out in the monitors config as expected. Hopefully the displayport will not give me trouble. It did before. Randomly "no signal" when booting or rebooting, and yes, I already did the nvidia displayport firmware update.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    One thing that is annoying about this whole thing is that everytime someone who has traditional gsync ( me for example ) All im getting on tech groups on facebook is " ha you got ripped off, bet you're pissed etc " Everytime I ask how its running. Its the same as if you own a 2080ti people see your opinion as immediately invalid.

I can't be arsed with the whole green team vs red team, its like a kids console war. I've had my panels since they launched, I've more than got my moneys worth out of them.

But what this is good for all those involved, it could open up tons of options for people especially as more and more models are tested.
    The more people that can use it the better. Im hoping it works on my dads monitor as I'm giving him one of the 1080ti's ive got left.

Curious to one thing though, does anyone think that freesync panels could rise in price now?

EDIT

Aaaand I typed this entirely in the wrong thread. Good job me.

yasamoka likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Anyone noticed their GPU core clocks fluctuating massively?

in AC Origins i can lock the game at 60 fps with mostly max settings and have been able to for a long while now.

these drivers drop the clocks down to 12XXmhz then back up .. normally it stays at stock boost od 1887 - 1916mhz or my oc'd profile with +500mhz on the vram it stays around 1974 - 2012mhz

Just noticed it did it just in fifa 19 too

each game has prefer max performance set in its profile in nvcpl

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    DSR stopped working with this driver so i had to revert to an older driver. DonĀ“t know if anyone has or had this issue.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I dunno. It's still a bit of a mystery to me why they chose to enable this feature at this particular point in time - after all, Nvidia users have been complaining for years to no avail. My guess is that they thought AMD would release a much more powerful 7nm GPU at CES and wanted to make their own GPUs more compelling. If they had known ahead of time about Vega 7 then I doubt they would have done this.

6. vinicius.rodsilva

vinicius.rodsilva Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Working perfectly on Asus MG248QR. ;-)

Tested on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Man, it's so smooth! I have serious fps drops on cities (CPU bottleneck), and now I can't even notice it.
    I'm loving it!

Maddness likes this.
  7. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    Samsung C27FG73 here. Installed the driver, enabled Ultimate engine in OSD and G-Sync appeared in nvidia control panel. However in Pendulum demo there is massive ghosting present.
    I've read that CRU and editing monitor range there could help, any advise on how to do it exactly? Also more importantly if I edit it to a custom resolution will DSR still work? As I use it in practically every game to scale up to 2550x1440 so if it will not work then it is a no go for me. Ultimate engine range is 70-144Hz so it would not work well for me either as I usually get around 60 fps in games on GTX 1080.
    Another question if CRU would help and range would be from 55Hz to 144Hz what would happen if my fps dropped in some places to say 40 fps? Would it be better that just no sync enabled?
    Thanks for answers.

8. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    G-Sync compatible mode works perfectly on my Acer CB271HU. Sync range is 40-75Hz at 1440p on display port. Very happy to see this enabled.

[​IMG]

Just a friendly heads up about this monitor though, don't buy this model now for this feature. According to latest reviews (I purchased it early Sept 2018) Acer has removed 75 Hz at 1440p support (overclocking works) and freesync/adaptive sync no longer works even on AMD GPU's. Freesync/Adaptive-sync was never a advertised feature but the user manual dose specifically state 1440p at 75 Hz and according to the newest review its still listed even though its not offered. And they completely removed mention of 10 bit per pixel color support which mine dose have (at 60 Hz) so Acer for whatever reason removed a handful features (probably just through firmware changes) at some point during manufacturing so if you buy one now don't expect adaptive-sync or out of the box 75 Hz 1440p support.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol
    I'll add to the thread warp.

You may have a point, there is sure to be more demand for the certified displays, for a while.
    It will probably wain once HDMI 2.1 cards hit because NVidia VRR users will get access to all those large TVs with wonderful features.

But...
    My UHD TV lets me do 1440p 120Hz with very low latency and its awesome. No need to wait for HDMI 2.1 to get Gsync/Freesync.
    With a 1080ti and max quality settings I'm not getting near 120Hz most of the time but I am not noticing any judder or lack of smoothness.
    Thats probably down to the TVs interpolation which hardly adds any lag, a few ms.
    So I'm not sure I'll care to use VRR anyway, theres no need.

10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I have two 27UK600-W (4K HDR Freesync) monitors,
    managed to enable this on both of them and it does work,
    when i turn off vsync in Forza Horizon 4 there's 0 frame tearing inbetween 35-60 (my 1080 does 50 all the time anyways)
    games feels really responsive now, i finally see what all the hype was about.

[​IMG]

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    If people are having trouble identifying if G-Sync is enabled you can open up the Nvidia Control Panel, click on the "display" tab at the top of the window and turn on the "G-Sync Indicator". While in game you should then see an on screen indicator saying "G-Sync on".

12. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    Work on LG 34UC88 :) from 60hz to 75hz happy

13. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Someone make it work on xl2730z ? disabled blur reduction for enable freesync, gsync option appear on cp, check the enable for this display "appear as not validated', i get black screen, passed sometime get image again (maybe 1 or 2 min), tryed the gsync demo on nvidia, black screen forever.Have to connect hdmi, uninstall drivers and install again.

14. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    Joke ? i have tested on my old U28E590 and on my actually U28H750, and on both i have big problem

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    7 pages of Freesynch/Gsynch?

How are these drivers in general?

Thank you.

16. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Like every other but with freesync.

dr_rus, G*addict and fragba1t like this.
  17. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    This driver is fubar on my Samsung JS9000. Setting output color/dynamic range to RGB/Full, colors are washed out and textures blurry. Thought rebooting would fix it but still looks like crap

EDIT-Figured it out-For some reason HDR gets enabled in Windows 10 when I installed this driver and everything on desktop looks blown out and text looks blurry. Disabling HDR in Windows fixed the issue. I thought HDR is supposed to make colors more vibrant and add to the overall effect? Looks like crap to me. I even turn it off in games...

18. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    Ok, just edited range in CRU as someone before suggested. Pendulum demo works fine now. However in AC Odyssey ghosting is still there, didn't have time to test it in any other game.
    But unfortunately also had to edit resolution in NVCP and change the refresh rate to 143Hz so that means I cannot use DSR.

19. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    so besides the FreeSync support, how is performance etc compared to 417.35 which was one of Nvidia's best driver releases...worth it to upgrade (I already have a G-Sync monitor so the FreeSync support means nothing for me)

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I'm using a UE510, which is basically a U28E590. Describe your setup. (Connections, card used, etc)