GeForce 417.71 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy and HARDRESET like this.
  2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Nice ,installing now.
    Very smooth

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I still hate the fact that I have to create my own DCH links if I don't want GFE installed:

@Hilbert Hagedoorn : you may want to consider including these releases on your d/l page, as I know that I'm not the only one stuck on using DCH packages.

4. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    Thanks AMD ;)

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In the regular drivers, you already have the option to not install GFE ... the entire DCH thing seems more confusing rather than useful.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Unfortunately, if I run the standard driver package, it reports that the package isn't compatible with my setup, and that I should download the driver from GFE. Even if I DDU, it still doesn't like the standard package, only the DCH ones install. On 1809 Win10 x64

SpajdrEX likes this.
  7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Fox2232 likes this.
  8. Heffro

Heffro Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah something is funny with installing the standard, non DCH driver via clicking on the archive exe file.

I tried to install the driver twice this way and got 2 different errors. The first error said it was corrupted. The second try it got half-way through the process, then told me my device wasn't compatible.

So then I extracted the archive using 7-Zip and ran the setup.exe, then everything installed just fine.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I've been waiting quite some time to be able to use FreeSync. The GSync variant of my monitor at the time was literally double the price, it made no sense to buy. I was even considering using a low end AMD card for output to see if it's possible to get FreeSync working on an nVidia system.

10. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Now we can activate freesynce on Nvidia gpu?

11. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    So this will only work if im using DisplayPort 2.1 right?

12. Xdrqgol

Xdrqgol Member

GPU:
    1070GTX
    I have the AW2518HF - Alienware 240hz monitor Freesync , working with 1080ti with the new driver released today, works better than the gsync model...I have no words if you can believe this :/!!! How in the hell is this working better than the gsync ... the image quality is much much better than the gsync version. Their Gsync is pure crap!!

No black screen, no issues ...using Display port connection.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Okay... now that I've given it a shot I have no idea how the hell it's supposed to be working. It's enabled in my nVidia control panel, but it's not working in any game I've tried.

Edit: Welp, it required enabling "Display Specific Settings" even if there are none for your model. Now it's working.

As a side note, for anyone using this: Enable your monitor's built-in refresh rate display to see when the screen is actually dropping below its max possible refresh rate; hitting the max refresh in fps (or above) can result in tearing, so people set their frame cap to 1 or 2 below. In my case it looks like the screen still stutters to 144Hz as its refresh rate unless I lower the max fps more, to the 130s in fact. Unless you want to test it for yourselves you might want to just cap your global fps to 130 using RTSS (to avoid input lag) or in-game settings if they exist.

Another note: I'm not sure if it's the new drivers, but my monitor's absolute max refresh rate is now 146Hz down from... 147Hz (LOL). So for anyone planning on using a custom setting, keep in mind your old/current custom settings may not work with this new driver, or adaptive sync, or both.

Luckily I'm happy with 90+ fps, so I don't care about being capped at 130ish. But I have to say there is more of a noticeable difference between 90 and 140 than I initially thought.

As for now it just feels great not having the additional input lag of VSync shoved down my throat in the games that FastSync wasn't working (like Rise of the Tomb Raider which I previously mentioned).
    Yes, but it'll be called "GSync" (lol) in the settings. And as I said earlier, make sure to enable "Display Specific Settings" even if there are none for your monitor, otherwise it won't work, at least it didn't for me until I enabled it.
    No. Why would you think that? A ton of adaptive sync monitors only support DP 1.1-1.2. Video cards when adaptive sync became a thing didn't even have DP output beyond 1.2. Mine for example is an Acer XF270HU, which only supports DP 1.2.
    Perhaps there is something wrong with your GSync module? Call Alienware/Dell support after looking it up for an RMA if that is the case.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  14. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    So gooood!
    Makes me laugh though, all that’s needed to make freesync work with Nvidia cards is a software level driver tweak.

Maddness likes this.
  15. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Was there any doubt it required more than that?

Maddness likes this.

16. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    hahah yeah.
    I think all gsync monitor owners should get back some fee now lol

17. Hitman1985

Hitman1985 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7950GX2
    I have LG OLED TV, will it work on tv's?

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Not on HDMI at this time. Nvidia may enable it in the future. If you have one of the 2018 model OLED's LG is going to release a firmware upgrade to HDMI 2.1. Then it will happen as it is part of the specs. Still might need a driver update though.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ....is that even a thing? 1.4 is the latest display port version...right?

Maddness likes this.
  20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think he got mixed up with HDMI 2.1 which isn't out yet.