Cooler Master C700P Carbon Chassis - Five Pieces Only

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I can easily imagine someone handcrafting carbon fiber... fiber by fiber... it most bee a very tedious task

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    as a (sports)car owner this for me is ridiculous, custom carbon fiber parts exist pretty much for everything on cars they aren't that expensive or limited
    also like in cars it looks cheap, if you go carbon fiber it better be dry

4. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Got a email today saying they've been cancelled due to imperfections with the Carbon parts, "which Mark Fabrications and our team agree that we should not be providing to our customers. Our intention was to provide the ultimate case, at this point we think that it doesn’t meet our standards."

So they've refunded me.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    When did carbon fiber become a "luxury" feature worth so much???

6. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    Well, that is a expensive case... Not to my taste, nor would i pay that much for a case.

But i bet they all ( 5 ), will sell.

7. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    So i'm sitting here with the regular version of this case. I bought it a couple of days ago. Installed my motherboard, lined up the board with the case screws perfectly, lined up the I/O shield perfectly and put all my cabling in perfectly. Then came the problems. I couldn't get the damn thumb screws out of the PCI-E expansion slot backplates - they were stuck tight. So i figured, "no problem, i'll just use a flat head screwdriver to remove them since they have those on the tops of the screws." But oh, wait a minute the side of the case has a metal lip blocking direct access to the screws. So i had to go in with the screwdriver at a 30 degree angle and try to brute force the screws out by applying a ton of pressure while turning. Gave myself a damn blister in the process. Then there's the back shield of the case itself - that thing is held on by 2 tiny magnets. It falls off every time i open the side panel doors.

So... i've re-packaged the C700P and i'm sending it back for RMA. Hopefully the etailer will see the design oversight by Cooler Master and let me refund the case. Here's a few pics to show you what i mean. And even after removing the thumbscrews, after all the effort it took, the graphics card still wouldn't even sit flush in the motherboard. I had to push the metal from the back of the case to make it stretch to the motherboard on the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I see no one actually read what I wrote. They have CANCELLED the line. There are not happy about the Carbon quality and have refunded everyone.

RavenMaster likes this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What exactly does that have to do with my question? Every market seems to treat carbon fiber as if it's some premium material when it's not. It's actually quite cheap to utilize compared to other materials. There's nothing "premium" about it. It looks cheap and feels cheap.