New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    GIGABYTE AORUS to Introduce 10-bit, 144 Hz IPS FreeSync Monitor at CES 2019

GIGABYTE's gaming brand AORUS has been expanding its product portfolio to just about any piece of kit a PC gamer can and will buy.
    From graphics cards to motherboards, RAM, and all manner of peripherals, there's little pieces of hardware that were missing - and AORUS is apparently preparing the last piece of the puzzle in the form of a FreeSync compatible monitor.

The first teases happened two months ago, with full pictures of the monitor's design and OSD.
    Now, AORUS UK has started to tease and market their upcoming product in a series of (until now) two tweets (whether or not that makes a series may be debatable).
    There's RGB lighting throughout the carcass of the monitor, a 90º swivel, gaming features such as Aim Stabilizer, Black Equalizer and Super Resolution, and if the teases are anything to go by (and they should be), the panel should be of the 10-bit type.

The diagonal isn't known as of yet, but 144Hz FreeSync on a 10-bit panel really is appetizing.
    Expect more details on January 16th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    VESA Introduces DisplayHDR True Black High Dynamic Range Standard for OLED Displays

The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA ) today introduced its new DisplayHDR True Black high dynamic range (HDR) standard, a variant on VESA's widely adopted High-Performance Monitor and Display Compliance Test Specification (DisplayHDR).
    The new standard has been optimized for emissive display technologies, including organic light emitting diode (OLED) and future microLED displays.

DisplayHDR True Black allows for up to 100X deeper black levels in addition to a greater dynamic range and a 4X improvement in rise time compared to VESA's DisplayHDR 1000 performance tier.
    This enables a visually stunning experience for home theater and gaming enthusiasts in subdued lighting environments. DisplayHDR and DisplayHDR True Black are the display industry's first fully open standards specifying HDR quality for LCD and emissive displays, respectively.
    [​IMG]
    VESA also announced today that it has added a new 500 performance level to both the DisplayHDR and the DisplayHDR True Black standards to address the need for thin, ultra-lightweight HDR laptops.
    The new 500 level includes local dimming as well as the same color gamut, black level and bit-depth requirements associated with the 600 and 1000 levels with a small decrease in luminance compared to the 600 level, to bring about better thermal control in displays for super-thin notebooks.
    While the new 500 level is optimized for very small, ultra-slim displays, it actually applies to all resolutions and screen sizes, including those used in monitors.

Accelerated DisplayHDR Adoption Sets Stage for True Black
    Since its introduction a year ago, VESA's DisplayHDR standard has seen widespread and growing adoption among LCD display OEMs. To date, nearly three dozen displays across nine display OEMs have been released to market with DisplayHDR certification.
    Many more are expected to be introduced in the coming months. With the introduction of the new DisplayHDR True Black standard, VESA anticipates a similarly strong adoption curve among OLED display OEMs as has occurred with the DisplayHDR standard.

"Embracing the new DisplayHDR True Black standard, OLED is the ideal display technology for mixing bright highlights with deep, true blacks, so consumers can create extraordinary content or simply appreciate incredibly breathtaking imagery on their PCs,
    " said Jeremy Yun, vice president, OLED Marketing Team, Samsung Display Company. "The new standard, when coupled with VESA's DisplayHDR logo program, will show consumers that True Black represents a highly important step in enhancing gaming,
    TV or movie watching, as well as viewing and editing of photos and videos. Users can see and feel a dynamic range that yields a superior high-end HDR experience."

Deeper Black Levels with DisplayHDR True Black Standard
    On LCD displays, what is considered "black" is actually a dark grey tone, which is a result of minor light leakage common with these displays.
    VESA defined the new DisplayHDR True Black specification with emissive displays in mind to bring the permissible black level down to 0.0005 cd/m2 - the lowest level that can be effectively measured with industry-standard colorimeters.
    For gamers and movie watchers in subdued lighting environments, displays adhering to the DisplayHDR True Black specification can provide incredibly accurate shadow detail and dramatic increases in dynamic range (up to 50X depending on lighting condition) for a truly remarkable visual experience.

"When VESA unveiled the original DisplayHDR standard, we recognized that display technologies were quickly evolving, and we immediately set to work on developing a new open HDR standard for OLED and other emissive display technologies," stated Roland Wooster,
    chairman of the VESA task group responsible for DisplayHDR, and the association's representative from Intel Corporation for HDR display technology. "
    On behalf of all of the VESA member companies that contributed to the DisplayHDR True Black specification, I'm pleased to say that we are fulfilling our promise with today's announcement.
    We're extremely proud of this incredible, high contrast and high dynamic range standard.
    Consumers benefit from the transparency of the DisplayHDR True Black specification and logo, which makes it clear that they're getting a display that yields huge performance improvements in subdued lighting environments."

Added Wooster, "We're also very excited to include the new 500 performance tier for the DisplayHDR and DisplayHDR True Black standards, which provides true local dimming, high color quality and a high contrast ratio at the lowest price point and thermal impact for display OEMs.
    This combination makes the 500 level ideal for ultra-thin notebook designs, but it's equally applicable to monitors as well."

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :p Replaced to last.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    The RyZen leaks look pretty damn good. Now we just need Navi to look the same. I really hope that it will end up a hardware launch straight after the announcement.

GSDragoon, Embra, OnnA and 1 other person like this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ZEN2 for me ;) -> will upgrade in summer time.
    8/16 up to 10/20 -> no need for more, BFV takes most of them cores (max 10 if im correct)

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
  8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Anyone know how far away this is. From my search, it should have started already. My bad, got the days mixed up.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Tommorow ;)

Maddness likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :D:cool:

9AM PT
    5->7 PM in EU (depends on location)

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yep 6am here on Thursday. Can't wait, I'm really excited to see what AMD has in store for us. I have a feeling it's going to be good.

12. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    Can´t wait.New Ryzen and new GPUs. Really interesting times ahead!

Undying likes this.
  13. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Not expecting much on the high end as far as GPU. From what I hear, Navi will be a very good mid-range.
    But I am very excited and hope a lot of details are provide for CPU/GPU.

14. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm hoping for something to compete with a GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2080, but at a lower price. One more day to go. :)

15. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    That's what I'm hoping for. I want to move from my 980Ti to a RTX 2080 but don't feel like paying the Nvidia prices this time around.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Vega 2 or as AMD calls it Radeon 7. 25% more performance and 16gb HBM memory. There is your 1080Ti performance right there.
    February 7th for $699. That's more like it.

Nothing about Navi so far.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Pretty extreme if they wring out a 25% performance gain over Vega 64 with VII so I wonder what they've done to it.
    Overclocking a Vega 64 or underclocking it first to say 1400 Mhz core and 800 Mhz RAM and then going up to 1700 - 1750 Mhz core and 1100 Mhz RAM is a ~8% gain or so I believe it was from the tests back then mostly thanks to memory itself and it requires pretty much the full 1.250mv core voltage though some models can be undervolted and still retain near 1700 Mhz boost clocks too.

I wonder what else it has to gain the rest for that gain because the 1800 Mhz core clock isn't going to be it so that will be interesting to hear more about.
    (It also has less core clusters at 60 instead of 64 but these have usually not shown too big of a difference although Vega saw a better improvement than Fury at least.)

EDIT: Then again with tweaks and the die shrink and who knows what else scaling could actually shift and be much better for VII than Vega was so there is that possibility too.
    (Not just voltage and thermals either even if these are important factors too.)

EDIT: Though a 20 - 30% gain or somewhere in between (25%) would be rather spot on for a jump from one GPU to a newer one too I guess although it's not a completely new architecture here but a shrunk Vega one well we will see how it performs but I am impressed if that's what it lands at in actual benchmarks and games and not just these marketing slides early on. :D

Well higher would be nice but I think we're slowly moving past that and getting diminishing returns and it's a bit more of a uphill battle for these gains even from die shrinks and various tweaks. I might be wrong though, that's not the first time that would happen.

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Maybe they fixed to broken features that didn't work on the original Vega GPU. From what i had heard that could well have been 15% performance right there. Will be interesting to see.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Launches The Radeon VII Graphics Card – The World’s First 7nm Gaming GPU for $699 MSRP

As I have been talking about for the last few weeks, AMD has just launched their next-generation 7nm GPU: the Vega for consumer, called the Radeon VII.
    I wasn’t sure whether the VII stood for Vega II or 7 and it turns out it stands for 7 (the roman numerical 7). This was one of the last projects of Mike Rayfield as I discussed in my exclusive almost a month back.

AMD’s Radeon VII Is Faster Than NVIDIA’s RTX 2080 – 60 Compute Units and 16 GB of HBM (memory) for 13.8 TFLOPs of compute

I must admit that I did assume the VII would stand for Vega II but it actually stands for 7.
    All that said, this is a much-awaited comeback from AMD in the high-performance gaming market and the Radeon VII rocks 3840 stream processors capable of handling up to 1.8GHz in clock rates.
    This puts its theoretical compute capabilities at a solid 13.8 TFLOPs. The power requirement will remain the same as its predecessor.

The Radeon VII reference design rocks three fans on the shroud and looks like a beefed up Vega GPU. This is the 7nm Vega revealed at Computex last year, customized for the gaming/prosumer market.
    As far as performance goes, it looks like this is going to be an absolute beast because the rumors I heard last night was accurate.

Just heard a rumor from someone on the ground that AMD Vega II will beat 2080 in DX 12. ?

— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) January 8, 2019

Three games were tested including Battlefield V and Farcry 5 at 4K with maxed out settings and the Radeon VII beats out (according to the company’s first-party benchmarks) the NVIDIA RTX 2080 in all APIs with the highest margin in Vulkan.
    AMD’s Radeon VII graphics card is the first consumer AMD GPU to net a solid 60 fps in maxed out 4k settings in Battlefield V and Farcry 5 and if these titles are any indication of the larger set, the company finally has a competitive 4K graphics card.

AMD has priced the graphics card very competitively at $699 and confirms that availability will be from February 7th (ie almost a month later). Its official folks, the company has (soft) launched the world’s first 7nm gaming GPU.

We need to wait at last 6-8months to price come down a little ;)
    IMO it will be then ~550-590€ and 3 free games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MaestroBayten and Maddness like this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV