Anthem - Official System Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EA has shared the complete system requirements for Anthem on PC. It is an ambitious open-world game from Bioware who have previously worked on the Mass Effect series. Anthem will be released on PS4, X...

Anthem - Official System Requirements

2. Wobbley

Wobbley Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The 16GB RAM requirement kind of surprises me? Will it really max out? Perhaps it's time to get another 16 so I can have all those chrome tabs on the off-screen without eating from the game.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, the question still stands: Will the game be worth it?

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Pretty reasonable requirements. But I wonder about game itself. I saw around 90 minutes of actual gameplay in total.

And I am not sold. AI Conversations look like total rip-off from Destiny 2 and at places like Warframe's.

Gameplay is exactly in between Destiny 2 and Warframe. That includes amount of action, difficulty, AI behavior.

So, if someone does not like Warframe because it is not open world, this is.
    If Warframe is too fast paced and destiny 2 too slow... this is right in the middle.
    Enemy AI is as boring as is in both games. Quests are practically not innovatory in any way. One can as well play vanilla-WoW for same Quest types.

Back story is similar to both Destiny and Warframe.

No special game mechanics that you can enjoyably repeat outside of story line as far as I have seen.
    I did like Firefall's Thumping. That was one very enjoyable mechanic, I would love to see in any MMORPG. (You call in mining rig and defend it against AI. Depending on size/quality of your rig, you are under stronger attack from AI. Better Rig you use, better rewards. And there is that dynamic environment where you mine different materials depending on zone and shifting properties of underground resources. Or you fail horribly in defending it and you lost your expensive rig.)

Can someone imagine how much dynamic PvP in any area there could be if players were to prevent enemy clan from mining resource they want to mine themselves?

schmidtbag likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    More like 10-12GB, but they have to say 16GB

emperorsfist likes this.
  6. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, that could be it.

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Well........Here's to hoping so. 32gb of ram on standby. 64gb if need be, but i prefer 2400mhz quad channel over 2133.... But the option is always there for me.

I've been waiting a long time for games to properly utilize system memory. I've always wanted a game to truly use up what assets are available instead of choking on itself and not.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    apparently they did not realize the huge gap between a 1060 and a 2060

9. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'd say that's just for the RTX options.

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    If these requirements are anything to go by I'd say it would run 4k maxed on my setup. DLSS on release or have to wait?

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You all know that Frostbite games tend to be good optimized and looking good.

12. Wobbley

Wobbley Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hope so, I mean BFV stated 12GB specifically. Currently have 16GB, going to try the Demo and see if it maxes out. If it does i might just get another 16GB

13. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    What gap? There is no gap, ask Bioware

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah it's weird HH managed to miss out the most important requirement... the ability to give a flying f*ck about this game.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Wonder how much comprism there is for consoles if that are the ram requirements.

Unless BW does another Dragon Age Game, I am done with them just like everything else EA. Even then EA need to have no say in the games development gameplay features and everything else and let BW do there thing and if Swtor (milk the cashshop screw actual content) and the last Mass Effect ( didnt actual play this but hear people were not fond of it, have not played ME game since the first one and i didnt like it ) are any indication we know that dont happen. So far BW turn into everyother developer that got bought out by EA, there golden day were done for the moment that happen and sooner or later EA disbands the studio. Rip So many studio EA is the death of game studio

I question that I pretty sure DA:I is Frostbite game and the game has this nasty Freeze were the world and everything freezes but you rotate the camera, that get worse as you get farther in the game Starts in haven sooner or later it starts happen in other parts of the game, that happens on all platform that is never been fixed on any either. not as noticeable on PC if you have amazing system that runs circles around consoles does look amazing though, even if the FPS is little unstable on PS4

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

16. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    Hopefully DLSS is supported right away. we need to see more games and how well DLSS stacks in terms of visuals and performance