Steam Library Manager (+Origin, Uplay and Compact Support) (Open Source/v1.6)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by RevoLand, Dec 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Links:
    Latest Release
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Wiki
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    dobriii, Jumy and akbaar like this.
  2. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    I've updated SLM with v1.2, see GitHub for details.

Code:
    https://github.com/RevoLand/Steam-Library-Manager/releases/tag/v1.2.0

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey man, this is cooool.

Just installed and loaded up real quick. Clean interface and no clutter. I like it.

Im about to watch a movie then head off to bed, but ill give you some proper feedback when i wake up.

Liking what i see so far though.

Edit: I know this is something thats best left till the main program itself is finished, but when you get a chance, can you please add Window snapping to it.

Hilbert and/or Mods,
    This is pretty awesome. Think you or a mod could help RevoLand out with his/her account limitations so more info + images can be added.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice!

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Very handy.

6. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Thanks!

For window-snapping feature, i am going to rewrite SLM as wpf application which let us use window snapping feature exactly as in windows, i've already created a branch for it and started to learn basics of wpf. I will keep you updated on progress, you can also check github page.

Code:
    https://github.com/RevoLand/Steam-Library-Manager/tree/winformToWpf

7. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    WPF version of SLM is nearly done, you can track the progress on GitHub

8. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    This looks cool, thanks.

RevoLand likes this.
  9. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Thread/Steam Library Manager is updated as v1.5 just released with these changes:

10. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G

11. defalt

defalt Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 founders e
    what happens when i press on remove original files? i have a problem in my csgo , My game since i bought the pc has been freezing for 0.2 - 0.5 second everytime i peek an enemy or get killed by enemy or when i am inspecting a gun even in the main menu..and it seems to happen before hand. (Like im loading the enemy model or something) i tried everything and this only just begun happening but not after any update or changes to my computer. I tried verifying game files/ updated all drivers and even cleaned my computer this morning but i still get the same shitty experience. Worst part is telling teammates that i lag when i die... THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN MY MAIN ACCOUNT ON STEAM

i talked with steam support and explained to them all possible solutions ive tried and they replied :

I understand that these are frustrating issues for you but we do not have any other troubleshooting steps that we can provide to you beyond what we sent in your previous help request.

As we have not received widespread reports of other users experiencing these kinds of issue in CS:GO this indicates that this is being caused by an issue that has developed on your local machine.

At this time, we can only encourage you to reach with a local PC technician as they'll be able to directly access your machine and provide in-depth support on this matter.

I'm sorry we can't be of more help.

If you have an unrelated question or issue, please feel free to let us know in your next response and we'll be more than happy to help out.

Steam Support,

so yeah.. if this can removes all the original settings in the account that would be great

12. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Sorry for misunderstandable translation. It removes the already copied (source) files after the file copy process completed successfully. It does not removes any settings or similar stuff, just your already copied source files.

We are on Crowdin now so please help us improve the translations!
    https://crowdin.com/project/steam-library-manager

13. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Steam Library Manager is updated to v1.5.1.4 with support to Windows's compact compression.

[​IMG]

The support for compact function is currently in beta status however you should be still able to Compress / Uncompress installed apps without any issue. Full library compact(compression) is not supported atm but it is planned.

To compact (compress) an application, use the context menu of the installed app to task the app for compact (compression).

https://github.com/RevoLand/Steam-Library-Manager/releases

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

14. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    I've just released v1.5.1.8 with QOL improvements. You can also decide the future of SLM from the poll i have created here.
    [​IMG]

HK-1 likes this.
  15. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Have a sneak-peek from the upcoming version: Ability to Enable/Disable Library Support
    [​IMG]

Full changelog can be found here.

BetA likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    im not sure we even need that anymore, all the store apps support relocating games.

17. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    Steam and Origin supports relocating games and Origin and Uplay supports locating games. However SLM is also being used for taking backups and makes moving multiple games at once easier than available solutions.

I do agree with you: Do we need SLM? Honestly? Probably not a "must have" app, but... does it make things any easier? Definitely; for some at least.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fair enough, on a second glance it also does compression on the installs, is that xpress16k or just ntfs?

19. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    No special compression method is used for compressed archive files so it is the Windows' own zip format but improvements on backups is planned with more options (compression level-format setting per task etc)

On the other hand you can set compression level per-task for Compact tasks.

20. RevoLand

RevoLand Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 A8G
    I've just released v1.6 with support for Uplay libraries. Binaries and sources can be found at GitHub page.

List of changes:
    [​IMG]