Final fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, but they should introduce a 30fps (lightest) option.

Fluctuations in framerates temporarily pulls me out of the gameplay, and are distractions for many.

It's not a logic thing, as simple logic would suggest higher is better, it's the fact for alot of people higher looks worse if it's not consistent.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I was going to mention that framerate drops are more noticeable above capped ones. I never had any complaints with the fps locked at 30, but I instantly saw how smooth the game was once uncapped. Panning the camera about in a 360 motion normally gives a good feeling of noticeable drops. I haven't tested it fully yet.

Edit** I played a bit more to get a feel of the increased FPS and it still feels far more smoother than it did before the patch. As there is no screen tearing it is very hard to notice major dips in framerate. That article has no truth at all because drops below 30 are very noticeable but drops to low 40's are not so easy to see.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think that Lite works quite well and when the FPS is high enough it's enjoyable. Downsides are that the scene is sharper and that shadows are uglier. I wish Pro users could have a Lite version with some form of AA.

High on the other hand is very stuttery (more now than before).

Edit - Anyone else feel like their PS4 is running hotter on Lite now than pre-patch?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i recorded one video myself for this 45fps patch

it'll get down to 35fps during battle

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Such a great game, finished it last night. Took me 52hrs and I think I did 90% of the side quests and 72% of the trophies. Thinking about starting NG+ and try getting the rest of them.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What did you think of the infamous chapter 13? Personally I liked it.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I personally liked the open world questing more but I must admit that the story took several unexpected turns and things got pretty grim. I did develop some emotional attachments to them, so yea. Gameplay wise though Ch.13 was quite different from everything else. I also wonder about Altissa, feels like lost potential there - such a big city and so little to do.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The developer says that the story is told from Noctis eyes. Which doesn't explain the cut scenes. Alissa was a cool place. But there was more to do in FF7 than there is with FFXV.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Did you buy the season pass? Not sure if the few things included warrant a purchase.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Gladiolus DLC is released on the 28th March. 2 or 3 hours long. All the gang will get their own stories. Plus they are going to add multiplayer at some point.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks pretty cool! Though I'll wait a little and finish InFamous which is the next game on my todo-list.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I played the demo and instantly hated the game play and said to my self I will not buy it, I bought Royal Edition for 19$ and my opinion still STANDS I hate the Gameplay, might look like FF game might carry the name FF but does not play like FF game.

The fact the game says a "Final Fantasy game for fans and new comers" is an insult to FF games and how they played, Even if it didnt carry the FF name I still would not like the gameplay. but I atlest would not be comparing to what FF game should play like.

other party members are still pretty much on auto pilot like FF 13 and I hated 13 gameplay but even that plays more like FF then this does After 5 hours of gameplay I just turned the game off

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I enjoyed it. It wasn't a typical FF game. But those died with PSONE imo. So I went in expecting a different experience. The story was awful. Worst of the series. One of the worst in gaming. Serious Sam has more substance. But graphically it blew me out of the water. 4k maxed out dipping into the mid 20's even with a 2080. Didn't mind the gameplay, there's more to it than button smashing if you learn the system. But to each his own.

For a game that was stuck in development hell, it was decent.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh graphicly it looks amazing all the FF games did, the more I play it the more the gameplay grows on me but it DOES NOT play like FF games and unlike the Logo screen that says it " final fantasy game for fans and new comers" it final fantasy game for new comers, not fans imo What I played so far it seem trying to be many thing and doing none of them good,

It not mash buttons game like most hack n slash games but in my eyes it is still hack n slash, as far FF games goes I think it WORST of the series I enjoy FFBE on mobiles devices WAY and it only FF game that has gameplay/Combat that mirrors what FF was and should be, Every FF game after X has been take farther and farther way from what I expect and loved about FF gameplay/combat and the last 2 litterly took ability to control your party memebers away. they been pretty much automated in last 2 games. next FF game I expect to be even worse and more removed from what gameplay/combat I grew up loving in FF games. VO imo are worst in the series too.

If i had pay 59$ for this when came out I would been super pissed ( granted I played the demo and already knew i didnt like the gameplay so i would of never play 59$ for it ), but I pretty much got yjr game for 19$ that came from lotto wining so i got it for free, or that is what I tell my self so i dont trade back in and screw someone out the DLC content I activated on my account from Royal Edition

I swore if SQE does this crap to remake of FF7 and its combat and other systems I gona be done with SQE

Serotonin likes this.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Oh, I do agree. It doesn't feel at all like a traditional FF game. And I also hope they don't choose this gameplay for FF7:Remake. Whenever that makes it out. Starting to think it's going to wait until next gen at this point like the new Elder Scrolls.

17. Firepac

Firepac Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 680GTX 4GB
    Final Fantasy XVI will be a sex simulator.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So it took you 10 years to come up with that as first post ?