Watch_Dogs LIVING_CITY Mod by The_Silver

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by The Silver, Dec 1, 2018.

1. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Watch_Dogs LIVING_CITY Mod by The_Silver

This DLC-sized mod drastically expands the gameplay of the base game with custom missions, random events and new features, and in general with enough new content to provide many hours of fun.

I've created this mod because I love Watch_Dogs, and I wanted to bring new life into it. With so many other mods entirely focused on aesthetics I really felt the lack of something that actually added things to do, rather than to look at.
    So I decided to take matters into my own hands and starting with no knowledge at all about scripting I spent the last 14 months working on this project, adding new features, new mechanics and new missions to bring my vision to life.
    The result of this huge amount of work is a gameplay-focused mod that fills the game with dozens of new varied and interesting things to do, and with unique features that really affects the gameplay like never before.

DOWNLOAD LINKS v2.3
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/living-city/downloads/living-city-mod-10
    https://www.nexusmods.com/watchdogs/mods/81?tab=files&file_id=293

In the Discord server you can find a comprehensive Mod Wiki with every single detail, but for now this is a summary of the most important features that you can find in this mod:

- COMPANION_SCRIPTS  are items that lets you call a black marked dealer that sells illegal weapons, hire up to 3 bodyguards that fights for you and follows your orders, directly call the cops on the criminals.
    - RESTRICTED_AREAS  are red zones patrolled by guards and always active in freeroam where trespassing is prohibited just like you've seen in the campaign missions (like the ctOS HUBs for example).
    - UNLOCKED_INTERIORS  are interior locations that you were able to visit only once during the campaign but that are now always open and explorable at any time (like the Dot Connexion exhibit for example).
    - RANDOM_EVENTS  offers new gameplay opportunities as things that spontaneously happens in the game world and that you're free to engage at will (like a prison transfer convoy that you can assault to free the prisoner).
    - CIVILIAN_HACKS  are new interesting hacks that you can perform on the generic civilians around the city after you profiled them (like overloading their device to electrocute them for example).
    - CUSTOM_OUTFITS  are eight new outfits available from the new "Custom" clothing category in your Wardrobe, like Punisher War Zone armor, Collateral movie suit, The Division gear etc.
    - FAST_TRAVEL  are 15 new fast travel points located all around the map corresponding to the ctOS Towers in every district which becomes available as soon as you unlock them.
    - AMBUSH_CHANCE  is a restored cut feature where hostile hackers breached the fixer contracts communication system so enemies can set up fake contracts to ambush you at contact points.
    - CUSTOM_MISSIONS  are actual new missions available around the city and comparable to the ones in the base game (includes Criminal Convoys, Gang Hideouts, Human Traffic investigations etc).
    - REPLACE_SCAN  is a feature that disables the yellow disk police scan at the end of a 911 call and replaces it with a white circle police search where cops actually comes investigating the scene.
    - ctOS_CHAOS  is a feature that allows the Chicago Police Force to use some ctOS hacks against you as an extreme measure on max felony level chases (doesn't use dangerous hacks like steam pipes).
    - FIRST_LOAD  is a feature that improves the first load of the game by randomizing the weather and time of the day at which you spawn, providing a personal vehicle where missing, and displaying an intro camera.
    - LIMITED_INVENTORY  is a feature that limits the weapons you can carry with you so each weapon slot now holds only 1 weapon of its category, and you can swap weapons at gunshops or by picking them up from dead enemies.

Also thanks to an easily editable CONFIGURATION FILE you can tweak many of these features as you want, finetuning or even completely disabling them as you wish.

Besides the previously mentioned big features this mod includes also a lot of little tweaks and fixes to improve the overall game experience.
    These tweaks covers a variety of things, like dynamic headlight shadows, ltrains behaviour and passengers tweaks, game economy rebalance, ammo amounts finetuning, reputation tweaks and so on.
    Most of the included mods and tweaks are made by me, but some were made also by TXGT and Deebz__ so kudos to them for their work.

Official ModDB page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/living-city
    Official Discord server: https://discord.gg/gRX7Z8f
    Gameplay YouTube video:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    volkin, txgt and Markie like this.
  2. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Very nice.

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Markie likes this.
  4. Darth Boba

Darth Boba Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X

5. Jordi

Jordi Guest

GPU:
    Model / Memory size
    Hey, it's amazing mod. Found some problems, when I try to use camera on the phone nothing happens, it just freeze and I can't use anything, have to fire gun to quit. Then I tried to hack Armored Truck in Random Mission game crashed.

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The the phone camera does just that, simply hides the hud so you can take a screenshot for example, it's a very requested feature and this is a lore-friendly implementation that doesn't require external tools or edits to hide the hud.

Markie likes this.
  7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Wow man! I'm impressed! As soon as I have time I will definitely play your mod! And I have sooo many modding questions! I still wanna finish my own mod, that's my dream :D

8. Jordi

Jordi Guest

GPU:
    Model / Memory size
    Oh I guess I didn't noticed because I use mod that hides hud. I thought it would be like when you hack someone with camera on em, and you can see yourself moving around with camera on your chest that would super cool, can you do that?

9. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Nope, it would require executing some scripts etc which cannot be tied to a smartphone tile, and still it would look bad because the player character is foundamentally different from an npc.

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hi mate! It's been such a long time, can't wait to see you back on modding WD! :D Feel free to ask everything you want obviously. ;)

txgt likes this.

11. Jordi

Jordi Guest

GPU:
    Model / Memory size
    Every time I try to hack Provibluebank armored truck game crashes

12. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Congratulations man, I'm amazed by the quality of the mod, reminds me of the success of TheWorse initially, nicely done, the work is just outstanding.

As I would relive the past memories, I wonder if it's compatible with txgt E3 lite mod? Think it should be, right?

I see you also have some minor adjustements as well, like E3 Headbob, maybe something else too? Parallax from PS4 reveal demo perhaps?
    Would like to see a full detail of your patch, if you don't mind me asking and remember everything you got in there :D

13. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Thanks man! Yes I haven't added any major graphical change, the little things I included were already in TXGT's mod anyway, so yeah if you overwrite just his files related to graphics you should be fine (so keep libs like my items.lib for example).

Sure, I've spent a lot of time writing down every single thing that my mod includes, basically the discord server is like a big detailed mod wiki, check it out: https://discord.gg/q4mRFvf

puredorian likes this.
  14. volkin

volkin Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill DDR4 /16 GB
    How can I use this mod with Natural Realistic Lighting? which mod should overides the other?

15. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    UPDATE: Now you can MERGE my mod with other mods much more easily thanks to the Loose Files version!

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.moddb.com/mods/living-city/downloads/living-city-mod-10-loose-files

This special variation of the Living_City mod is based on the latest version 2.2 and is specifically made to help users in creating their own merges of this mod with other graphic mods.
    This means that you need at least some basic knowledge about Watch_Dogs modding if you wanna make any use of this package, because this is not the usual ready-to-use version of the mod.
    This package contains only the files related to my mod, without any other vanilla patch file, so you must ensure that the other mod already includes the vanilla patch or you have to merge it yourself.

The content is split in three main folders:

- BASE_MOD_FILES  contains the CORE mod files and all the ones that are NOT related to graphics (no Beretta 92 or headlight shadows or gasstation debris or E3 2012 focus or Relief Mapping etc).
    - ONLY_GRAPHIC_TWEAKS  contains NO files of the main mod except the ones related to the graphic tweaks (so this folder does NOT contain my mod but only its little graphic tweaks).
    - ONLY_RELIEF_MAPPING  contains ONLY the files for the Relief Mapping graphic feature and nothing else (so this folder does NOT contain my mod but it's useful for merging only this feature).

Basically these three folders contains the full Living_City mod split in pieces ready to be merged with whatever mod you want, but be aware that this doesn't give ANY guarantee about compatibility and there's still a significant chance that you'll see bugs, especially with really outdated mods like TheWorse.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT support merges, so do it at your own risk, I'll be unable to help you with any bug that comes with it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Markie, volkin and rootCBR like this.

16. Vpreparate

Vpreparate Guest

sorry gays .....
    I need all sound Watch Dogs....
    Can you help me?

17. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019