World of Warcraft: Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 6, 2015.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    R.I.P. Token prices in EU and F2P.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Say what you want about the game, their trailers still rock!

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    So 7.2 is out now and after the inital rush of excitement I find myself left feeling a bit underwhelmed due to a lot of stuff being time gated atm. which I suppose isn't the worst idea from a dev's perspective but personally I'm not really feeling it.

The Broken Shore appears to be starving badly when it comes to WQ's and content in general. Nethershard drop rates are a bit off and people are reporting a fair amount of issues with class abilities not working and such. Feels like this patch should have been a week or 2 longer in the oven.

At least alts are getting some love in this one it seems.

4. MKube402

MKube402 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070 TI
    Wtf they have space ships and warp drive now? What is goong on with this game now....?

5. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    What?!? What did I miss?

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I had constant disconnecting issues last night so did everyone in the guild. that was annoying, not touched any of the new content. Still need to do Emerald Nightmare, HoV and Nighthold raids!

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah, I only got a chance to do the artifact stuff last night. Was ok. It seems to be their direction for Legion to release stuff in chunks instead of frontloading everything day1. You know people would just grind out everything as fast as they could and then complain there's nothing to do. So they can't win really.
    The good thing is you have more time to do other stuff, like you said catch up on alts, maybe play some other games. And you still have new stuff to look forward to each week.
    But absolutely, the bugs were numerous.

Progress? I mean, these guys have been all over the universe. Why wouldn't they obtain new tech?

8. MKube402

MKube402 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070 TI
    lol i have not played pass CAT so this is all new to me...

9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Totally, just used Sindragosa's Fury on my frost DK. Supposed to hit for 800k+... it critted for 64k, I mean what the hell!?

My missus is on her paladin and divine storm which is an AOE isnt working at all aside for the heal effect and thats just to name a few.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hows retribution pala these days? Ive been prot all this time and hardly played retri.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Space Ships have been in the game for a long time, long before Cata. Hell, the Draenei city (The Exodar) is essentially a space/dimensional ship.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dimensional_Ship

As for the bugs, there was a small patch when I went to login earlier. Hopefully that irons out some of the issues.

For the most part I'm enjoying the game at the moment, it's the best it has been since WoTLK in my opinion. The raids are fun, the content in general is interesting. The Mythic + system keeps things from getting overly boring, although I must admit I tend to just aim for a + 15 each week and call it a day. I'd like to see future expansions follow in a similar style, although with a totally different legendary system.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    They are amazing. I don't play one, but they seem strong in all content. I have heard they are a bit simple though.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Guess i would need to collect artifact power if i switch to retri, might have to try it. Always easier in LFR as dps than tank :p

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I understand that people favor content instead of technical fixes but the multi-core support in the latest 8.1 patch is really amazing. No more low FPS in cities or stutter after loading screens. I'll have to fly around Suramar which was very demanding but wow, the difference is huge in such areas. Oh and I assume there is a difference in raids too.

I think I got a 20-25fps boost in OG alone and very smooth FPS in Dazar'alor.

Amaze and Repo Man like this.
  15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yeah man, they did good with multi-core support finally. Too bad the rest of the update was pretty light in content.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, that's what they say. I don't play much so I won't comment on that but people in general weren't too happy.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    On my last month now, i won't renew.

Played 2 full months, but letting the last 20 days run out.

18. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    Been thinking about getting back into wow just to start fresh and play through the msq, any advise please as to the good around solo class.

Prob end up soloing the earlier raids.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'd say demon hunter. You'll zip though in no time.

As for me, I quit in October. I've never left this early in an xpac before but I have to vote with my wallet. I hope BFA improves, but I think it needs a major revamp of it's systems which would take a new xpac to do most likely.
    I'll hop on Classic next summer though as it's the only iteration of WoW I've never experienced.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Vanilla was the Amaze-ing for me, so many memories and hours played... however I won't hold my breath with Classic. I simply can't trust (Acti)Blizzard anymore to deliver and haven't done it since Cata. But I'll definitely give it a shot and if they nail it... it will be like a hard drug addict getting back on the good stuff after 15 years. It's both an exciting and scary at the same time. And it's not nostalgia because I did play quite a bit on private servers and the appeal is definitely still there. :p

I played WoW extensively in Vanilla (at least 12 hours per day lol) and TBC and somewhat in Wrath, quit before Cata came out. I went ahead and updated my account with the new battlenet client and launched the trial mode. Needless to say I was shocked of how the current "retail" game looks and plays, but it did bring some joy to check out some low level toons and especially my bank character. I literally haven't logged on those in almost 10 years and have quite a few items that would probably be valuable now. Maybe I'll give it a try again when Classic comes out since it will be on the same subscription but meh, it's not my thing.