GeForce 417.35 Game Ready WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    r416_69-12

-Tj- likes this.
  2. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Who said I am against new tech? I don't care if you use DLSS, if NVIDIA is wasting time with that crap. To me, it's just another of those methods that claim to improve image quality but cannot really substitute proper Anti-Aliasing, Resolution Scaling. How many of those really worked?
    TXAA, MFAA (works partially, has glitches in GTA V for example), DLSS, etc.

DSR was the only thing that got closer to be decent and not really because they thought it was a good idea to use Nearest Neighbor scaling and apply some terrible smoothing filter over.
    So, the only good way of using it is setting proper scales such as 2x, 4x and 0% Smoothing.

Also, it does really annoy me when people put words in my mouth.

By the way, if you want to see people against new tech, go around the Internet.

There are dozens of idiots saying that RTX is useless and that they don't need this in their cards... Yet, it's a pretty new set of technology that has yet to improve.
    Plus, it's the future of graphics. It's what developers always wanted to include in their games but never could. Only movies were capable of having such graphical fidelity cause, of course, renders.

I'm just saying... people are expecting miracles out of something that will never match real 4K image quality. At best you are gaining some performance and a slightly less aliased image. But there's this typical blur of reconstructions... Quite annoying.

It's like Alpha Stippling/Dithering for Blending. It works but it looks horrible at lower resolutions.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    LOL What do you think Anti Aliasing is?

tensai28 likes this.
  4. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ummm no. Not how drivers work mate

tensai28 likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    980m should use 980m drivers provided by the laptop vendor.

6. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Does any one have issues whit Far Cry 5 whit this driver and RTX 2080Ti?
    i getting very low fps! 40is 50is :O

7. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
  8. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    Not necessarily. Stock Nvidia laptop driver works perfectly with most 980 and 980m (MXM).

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Playing fine here at a constant 60fps maxed at 4k. Do you have prefer max performance set under the game profile? Can't think really what else it could be maybe check your cables.

10. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okays! no problems whit my cables the issue is just i Far cry 5!
    all other games are fine!

11. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    too much tech talk the last couple of threads, these should be driver related only imo

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    until they don't.

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    As with ray tracing in BF5 we're seeing really early takes on those new technology, DLSS in FFXV isn't perfect, far from it. The Epic game infiltration demo, and the Star Wars reflection demo with DLSS at 4K were both much more impressive. (aka Epic Games implementation)

Taking any form of conclusion right now regarding either of those tech. is... bold.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    dr_rus and endbase like this.
  14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Thx for the tip on the demo from epic downloading now :)

XenthorX likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i was referring to the tests from Hilbert, don't know if the DLSS version of infiltration is available to download yet :p

16. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    These are tech demos you are talking about and they looked more impressive because they were on-rails sections with the same exact outcome every single time. Easier to "train" DLSS that way. Real gameplay is constantly changing so who knows if DLSS in real gameplay can ever match benchmarks. If you remember FFV benchmark with DLSS also looked better than what we are now seeing in actual gameplay.

I still don't understand the point of DLSS. It costs the same as upscaling the game from 1800p and has similar visuals, but simpler upscaling doesn't have all these weird artifacts and disadvantages that DLSS has, and you can run simple upscale on any GPU and not required to own RTX.

It's a bit silly how Nvidia marketed 1080Ti for full native 4K, and now 2080Ti is being marketed with DLSS which is upscaling to 4K. Even Xbox One X now does full 4K in pretty much all games...

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    With a mix of low and medium settings and at 30 fps, yeah. Which is about twice as bad as 2080ti faring in 4K with raytraycing and everything ultra at 60.

Also I'm still waiting to see any proof of your previous claim about DLSS so you should probably avoid making new ones until you'll actually present something on that previous one.

18. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Most XBX games run at high-ultra settings as been proven time and time again by Digital Foundry. Many even run at 4K 60, such as Forza games and Halo.

What are you waiting for, Mr. Nvidia Shill? Just buy it. It just works! Enjoy your shimmering, pixel crawl, flickering, unreadable text, etc. Oh and make sure to get good warranty because your card might die after 2-3 weeks of use.

G*addict and -Tj- like this.
  19. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    The image quality comparisons in the video reminded me a lot about AMD's MLAA years ago. DLSS is essentially neural-network trained reconstruction filter, based on pattern matching -- pretty much MLAA on steroids and as any post-process method it fails at dealing with high-frequency details (geometry, textures, shaders, etc.). TAA at least uses temporal accumulation to reduce pixel shimmering and still retains most of the fine texture details.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  20. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Just bought a 2070 just for testing raytracing stuff lol, since i'm happy with 1080ti, the dlss looks good on native 4K resolution on my oled TV, but in my 21:9 ultrawide lg 3840x1600 it cannot be applied, i used dsr to 5760x2400, but still is greyed out, i created a custom resolution using cru because using nvidia control panel didn't worked either, the resolution that worked was 5120x2160. But the game performed like if it was on my native resolution (3840x1600) with a few fps more, of course, it looked like i was playing on my native resolution too, not better. And the ambient oclussion was broken like way too broken i wanted to make screenshots but i was getting gray images instead of the screenshoots.

And that's it!, i don't have bfv and don't plan to play it on any future, but i can see dlss on 21:9 monitors is useless, but in native 4K looks great.