GeForce 417.35 Game Ready WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Is that still happening? Why was this update released then? Or is this the last? Confused.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the last update is the XIV crossover content.

3. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    all good here, i always DDU and clean install thou

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  4. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    Not sure if this was mentioned but here is the (big) difference between standard and dch installer "checking for system compatibility

https://streamable.com/d8w9e

5. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    On my monitor it does. But whatever rocks your boat man.

Anyways, they are not faster on my system compared to 416.94
    but then I have an ancient pc, don't I...

6. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
  7. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    That doesn't make any sense, unless one of the drivers defaulted to Limited RGB and the other one defaulted to Full Range RGB. I don't see any other way they would be brighter. I've never seen a driver update change the luminosity of a monitor.

8. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys we're talking too much about DLSS. After 2 or even 3 generations of cards and when finally we'll be able to play natively at 2160p at least at 60FPS and of course above ( @FPS ), we all will forget about DLSS.

My humble opinion.

I'm pretty sure we aren't getting the exact specifics. I still believe, minor or not there bug in Windows that none ( Developers ) bothers to mention. And still I pretty much consider bug related to smooth and stable Windows 10 experience to be above all. Secondly come the bug related to Games. I truly want as much as smooth Windows 10 experience to be top-notch and then of course bug fixing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can do this on 2080Ti with raytracing in BFV right now. Did you miss all the benchmarks?

10. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I believe 2160p at 60FPS WITHOUT Ray Tracing. But I mentioned above 60FPS, too and Ray Tracing seems to be on the right path. But this empowers my notion of smooth gaming experience even more. I mean, we still need 2-3 generations in order to get that too, correctly.

And of course this being achievable only by 2080Ti is the definition of not optimal. At least the 2070-like cards after 2-3 generations should be able to achieve what I mentioned.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Quick question

Anyone plays Dead by daylight here?

New patch that updated the game to unreal 4.20 runs like crap now, they also updated volumetric fog which now has terrible gpu bottlenecks and jitters. That said someone at steam forums said this driver apparently fixes such fps drops, is that really true? I kind of doubt it though.

Im talking up to 20fps difference old game code with unreal 4.13 vs new 4.20 in same scenario.

13. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Yes, matey. You're talking about the top-notch GPU right now. My point being, more specifically, after 2-3 generations, 2070 or even 2060 Cards ( with their equivalent names after the generations ), I believe, at the very least, these cards would be able to handle 2160p, too. Take the cards we now 2070/2160/1080/1070 at 1080p and imaging being able in order to handle 4K. Even now with 2080Ti and 9900K CPU, look at those terrible numbers. Believe me or not, if I wanted 2080Ti or 2080, I could get one, but as I said again and again, after 2-3 generations all the previous cards I mentioned will be able to handle 4K ( hope so ). And still have slightly doubts about the RTX 4060. Currently I have a GTX 1060 6GB and handle 1080 like a walk in the park. That's my target.

More Tensor cores, smaller nm etc. And keep in mind for instance the RTX 4060, I'm not so sure will be able to handle 4K. 2160p is no joke. 4x the 1080p. We seriously need time. As for my 1060, I'll get the 3060 and I hope will be able to hold until 4060. Again, that's my target. My GTX 1060 6GB is being considered more than average for 1080, but 2160p that's a subject for another day.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I think GPU tech is further ahead than you realise :)

A 1080Ti can play a good majority of games at 4k@60fps on max settings, except perhaps some of the recent AAA titles. Two of them in SLI? No problem. This is what I use, and play all my games 3440x1440@100 (which is the same load as 4k@60 -- to within 0.004% to be exact) without issue on all games except the tiny few where SLI can't be used (just 1 game out of my library of 30 odd installed right now).

A 2080Ti is approx 20-40% faster than a 1080Ti, from the benchmarks I've seen. You don't need to wait for a '4XXX' series. Though, as with all latest generation cards, you do need a deep wallet (and again, this is where SLI comes in -- add one more of your current generation cards down the track and you'll beat the performance of the latest flagship card at a fraction of the cost). I briefly wondered if I should upgrade to a single 2080Ti, but my SLI setup is still leagues ahead on the performance -- and funnily enough, 2 1080Ti are actually cheaper than 1 2080TI for cost (at least here in Aus), but you'll get 50-60% more frames from the SLI setup.

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Only problem is lack of sli support. Sli is great when it works. Really wish every game had sli support. That's the only thing keeping me from doing it.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So? By that time you'll be saying that they should handle 8K and thus it's a good idea to wait for another 2-3 gens.

17. TAN Software

TAN Software Member

GPU:
    GTX 980m - 4GB
    I downloaded the latest 417.35 driver but I've been having serious issues with it. I can't install it at all. Mid-way through installation, I get the BSOD.

My GPU is GTX 980m @ 4GB. Worked great with prior drivers, but after this recent Windows 10 October update, and even after rolling back to older nVidia drivers (Ex: 416 or 411) graphics performance is so crappy (ie 4 to 10 fps) that I have no idea what the hell is going on with my machine.

Somehow with Windows 10 October release, something changed, and now the old nVidia drivers demonstrate extremely poor performance running under it.

Now I'm stuck and wondering if anyone anyone could provide advice on how to resolve this, I'd be greatly thankful.

Regards,

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    The 2080ti is already doing that. No need to wait. Ffxv just needed it because it is a pretty bad performing port. Pretty much everything else works fine at native.

19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Yeah dlss is more for the bad performing pc ports i guess, i think nier and monster hunter should use this too

20. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Apart from broken fullscreen @ 1080p Nier port was rather good.