Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Maybe "exclusive fullscreen" works in new driver? Or maybe this new driver kind of broke Win10 Game Mode or "fullscreen optimizations" or did something to DWM.

On my side of the things, I had nasty problem with multitasking since MS introduced Game Mode.
    Any time GPU was fully utilized by game (which was focused = controlable by keyboard/mouse), other windows requiring GPU became choppy of temporarily frozen.
    Clicking to non-game window/desktop allowed everything to run flawlessly (until focus is returned to game window). MS simply gave too high priority to game over everything else and disabling Game Mode did not help.

With this new driver it works much better. It is not as good as when there was no Game Mode, but it is good enough.
    It is not Legacy Mode. It is like expecting HD 7970 to get opportunistic boost feature. Or get software feature for which it does not have HW support.

In case of VSR it is AMD's fault that they can't do it for older cards. But only due to having that stupid implementation where image is sent at higher resolution to screen instead of being precisely downsampled by GPU. And then sending image at native screen resolution to screen.
    AMD's method is severely limited on IQ side by monitor's scaler and on available resolution side by GPU display output, display cable and scaler in screen.

Should have been fully software solution. When SoftTH can do that, AMD should too.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Jackalito and warlord like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Of course Gaming :D
    3Dmark is just for testing (Temps Vs tW Vs OC Vs Stability)

Adrenalin 2019

Stability 10/10
    OC/HBM2 etc. 10/10 (Best so far)
    tW & Temps 10/10
    Features 10/10 (Yay they actually working ;))

Best 3Dmarks scores so far (~28.6k :eek:) im waiting for Our guys (with 850W or 1000W PSU) to hit this Magical 29k.
    I just can't now (Need RyZEN 3xxx), My RIG is for gaming, and my 750W PSU is more than enough for this Task (72A)

TUMIK likes this.
  3. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Anyone else have clocklock or overvolt issues with this driver as my card locks to state 7 after running 3dmark and overvolts too 1.292 which is very worrying

Update on this issue
    ----------------------------

Afterburner --- causes overvolt issues when ran in conjunction with these drivers
    no scores to report due too voltage instabilities when used in conjunction with 18.12.2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trixx --- does not have this issue and works without ANY issue with this driver
    1506mhz gpu
    2250mhz mem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wattman --- does not overclock as well as there is no voltage adjustment over 1200mv and does driver reset in heaven if gpu clock is past 1460mhz ,ram does clock all the way upto 2250mhz(9000mhz true) but does artifact

1460mhz gpu
    2100mhz ram (no artifacts)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Edited.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I tried uninstalling MSI AB, installing 18.12.2, installing MSI AB again with fan curve, no can do! The fans still refused to spin till core temp was pretty high. I did the next obvious thing, uninstalled both, first resetting fan curve to default before I uninstalled MSI AB followed by the driver (using DDU in Safe Mode for the driver). Upon restart, I install driver first, followed by MSI AB, left fan control alone, basically using AB to monitor temps, CPU/GPU core speed, framerate, etc when I play games. I'm using Wattman to set a custom fan curve and that seems to work.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    ok so the zero rpm feature is broken with all cards both polaris and vega? damn it

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Do reference cards support the 0 RPM function?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Very good driver so far, and very stable!

BlackZero and OnnA like this.
  9. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Btw the problem with rx 570 as "rx 580" finally solved.

10. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    So to confirm after some responds from above.

Zero RPM works only after fresh install as long as you don't move fan curve. As soon as you move curve, Zero RPM doesn't work anymore, minimum fan speeds are @ 1200RPM (on my RX570) or 35-36% for other users.

No matter what are they doing, FAN curve need to be unlocked either to manually move slider to 0% or simply make that feature work as on default in Wattman. I don't want my fans running at 35% 24/7 when I'm not gaming simple as that.

11. steviejay

steviejay Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX6800 16GB
    My issue is the same RX580 I have the icon. I also used DDU (18.0.0.5) the first time but then removed and did a clean install.

It's not insurmountable to me to do a full reinstall of 1809 and software. Occasionally I redo the install methodology. I will go straight to 18.12.2 from 17763.194 and report back but it doesn't sound like 18.12.2 is flawless. It's a first release of Adrenaline 2019 there are bound to be issues. It looks good based on what I see on GamersNexus.

LOL at the auto correct. Did someone have a fall out that I need to know about?

12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    it is clearly a bug

with zero rpm ON fan must stop below certain temps

alternatively they should enable to move down to 0%pwm the slider in the fan curve to allow the same setting

i think anyone should notify this to AMD asap

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well, I do complain but I am a bit hurt, I voted for that feature ages ago, I waited happily, for nothing. At least I wish I could scale up to 3840x1440 from 2560x1080. It is possible through single cable in a corresponding monitor, these monitors do exist.

AMD denied that, like my card generation and outputs cannot exceed some idiotic limits. That's racism for older card holders. And there is no official statement from AMD to my complaints. They ignore me. I do not like current gen to force me upgrade.

I will wait for a pure 2019's gpu either green or red to buy. :) But what now? AMD just threw me out of their playground.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Despite the fact that hardware not designed to run at Zero RPM could get damaged by allowing those features.

15. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    After an hour or so of gaming with BF1 I get a freeze. Only a hard reset helps, as I undervolt mx RX 580 this could be from low VRAM voltage.

16. steviejay

steviejay Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX6800 16GB
    So I can confirm that this driver loads the Settings on a clean install of 1809. Steer clear of DDU unless you have an uninstall issue.

17. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    I also have a 380, and I get like you worse scores than with 12.2 drivers. I get 400 points less in firestrike's graphics score.

Also I get with 12.2 driver an error in shadow of the tomb raider benchmark, saying that system may not have enough resourses to run the game at the selected settings, I don't see this problem with 12.1.

I am impressed, you are always a lucky man.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    No, i just have a clean updated system.

19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    it seems that the ram voltage control does not work for polaris, you can apply your values but nothing different happens

Jackalito, Maddness and ms178 like this.
  20. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I don´t understand, what you mean with "...clean install..." ?
    Now i ´ve deinstalling the old driver 18.12.1 without using DDU
    Reboot pc
    Installing driver 18.12.2
    Reboot pc
    With the same result, no radeon settings, no icon in systray.

I have an i5-7600k, RX 580 and windows 10 v.1809.
    Why does it work with 18.12.1, but not with 18.12.2?