Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Only for VEGAs, at this point.

Polaris support should be on the next 1-2 releases (along with some bug fixes).

For R9s etc...I don't have a clue.

2. AMcieK

AMcieK Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 DD
    Why i can't setup 0 rpm ... minimum is 28 % before this drivers in idle my fan was off.

3. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    With this new drivers i can´t open the AMD radeon settings.
    If i´m starting it, i can see it for a few seconds in task manager, that´s all.
    I´m going back to driver 18.12.1, the radeon settings works without a problem.
    Can anybody help me ?
    Sorry for my bad english?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Try a clean install.

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Well... Still no PlayReady 3.0 support for Vega GPUs...

Jackalito likes this.
  6. Jumbik

Jumbik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 N+
    Eh, good luck with that. I have switched from Nvidia to AMD because of the same reason.

Really afraid to update drives because every other driver is bricking your PC because you are in the club of multimonitor guys? Check. No performance upgrades because you are one generation behind? Check. Random problems with audio devices? Check. Stupid marketing? Check.

The grass may look greener on the other side, but in fact its not.

Jackalito and Fox2232 like this.
  7. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    I tried it, but I reverted back from drivers from late November this year. Main reason for me on RX570 is that fan curve does not go below 36% ! Also Zero RPM option doesn't work. Fans always work at 1200RPM which is ~36%. I'm not gaming whole day, I like having my card idling with fans not working.. Also fan curve is bad for me because you can't make it "in squares/flat" as in MSI Afterburner. I would rather use old Wattman and target temp68c, max78c with max 2500 rpm then having this "test" method and risk my GPU.

I don't like having MSI Afterburner because it's messing with my overclock/fans for some weird reason. So stuck for now :(

I need up to 55c 0% fans, then up to 65c 33% and past that 50% to maintain 68/9c. It's not flat line but Wattman is doing job along with overclock and a bit of undervoltage (atleast comparing to auto voltage which goes higher). So yeah.. So mad.

Jackalito and DeusEXMachina like this.
  8. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    That´s what i´ve done.
    After deinstalling the 18.12.1 driver i´ve used DDU to clean my system.
    Then i install the 18.12.2 ,but i can´t open the radeon settings and i have no icon in the systray.
    Now i´m back to 18.12.1 and it works.
    I don´t understand it.

steviejay likes this.
  9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  10. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I Just stick to a clean install from the drivers unless there's an issue.

Oh, and I don't know what everyone's crying about, all of the previous end of year drivers only supported the latest graphics cards at first, and gradually added a few more generations during the next few releases

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2018
    Jackalito likes this.

11. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    No voice control, Zero RPM don't work (min rpm 35% always), no auto tuning, gpu usage monitor stiil buggy (crazy readings).
    but performance is fine as always

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Jackalito likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nvidia supports DSR ultra wide even for gtx 9 series. AMD denies support for R9 series.

I will never buy AMD again. Shady corporation.

Here is the slide, check tiny letters bottom:[​IMG]

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm wonder if AMD made some differences between Zero Fan RPM depending on GPU architecture or possibly even different GPU models. I'm using 30% as the lowest fan speed and there's a difference in volume between that and Zero Fan being enabled which also reflects in temperature though idle isn't that much of a deal for temps anyway.

I know some models also only spun down or turned of one fan for some of the older GPU models triple-fan custom coolers and PCB's so I do wonder how it's controlled.
    Minimum and maximum differing is curious too between Vega and earlier GPU's though the max temperature tolerance for the GPU and components do vary but being forced to use a over 30% min speed seems like a strange decision.

EDIT: Ah so zero fan does indeed bug and stops doing anything if you flip it after using the fan curve, a clean reinstall seems to be needed to get it back to default levels from that and then modifying the fan curve from auto will break zero RPM again or hinder it at least.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  14. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    anyone having delay on alt+tab from gaming? especially on R6 Siege, fullscreen, LG-29UM67P Freesync 75Hz, RX 580 XFX, Windows 10 1809

18.12.1: Game -> Desktop = instantly.... Desktop -> Game = instantly
    18.12.2: Game -> Desktop = 2-3 seconds(black screen).... Desktop -> Game = instantly

not an issue to me, just curiosity.

Jackalito and G13Homi like this.
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Which is more important? In-game performance improvements or benchmark performance improvements?

Jackalito and OnnA like this.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I do not complain at all, just an observation which i wanted to share here. :)

Jackalito likes this.
  17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I see warlord is a major cry ass AMD hater tool bag still. Glad to keep him on ignore.
    Swear all he does is throw a tantrum of hate at AMD when he does not get what he wants.

And just to chime in on this. I have AMD/Nvidia rigs.
    I hate NCP so much. Even on an SSD it takes for ever to load or to apply settings.
    I have an nvidia gpu in my rig for retro hybrid physx setup, and my OS drive is a 960 evo. AMD opens up instantly and smoothing. NCP is a laggy joke fest.

Is NCP design just that ancient with how its written?
    Why is AMD so fast in comparission? Like its even worse for NCP on a mechanical drive.

18. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Alt tab fail here too.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Warlord is complaining about his R9 390X has gone to legacy support, and not getting the new perks. I'm in the same boat, but I made the move to 4K. I knew it was due for legacy since the 390 cards were never properly supported well in Wattman, so I guess they decided to retire the series.

Card still will work, just no Ultrawide VSR. Guess it's time to consider your next upgrade. If you go green, I'm sure you'll be welcomed warmly in the Green forums. </sarcasm> Hope you like paying NVIDIA prices.

Considering you can get Vega 56's at the 390 price range when it came out, you'd get yourself some nice performance boost and current driver support. Or wait for Navi.

Jackalito and warlord like this.
  20. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Trash drivers

Lower boost clocks
    No actual use for mem timing control
    P state control under 6 is useless anyway
    Broke afterburner causing crashes and freezes over time

Watt man cant even consistently work either with manual settings

Uninstalled.