Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Download AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.2 driver. This is the new Adrenalin 2019 driver offer new features and options

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-12-2.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 Highlights

Support For

• Assassin’s Creed®: Odyssey
      • Up to 4% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-277
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
      • Up to 3% faster performance in Shadow of the Tomb Raider using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p). RS-278
    • DOOM™
      • Up to 5% faster performance in DOOM using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-279
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus
      • Up to 5% faster performance in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-280
    • Strange Brigade™
      • Up to 7% faster performance in Strange Brigade using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-281
    New Features

• Radeon ReLive (1)
      • In-Game Replay feature that allows you to replay your gaming moments instantly on screen.
      • Scene Editor allows creation and editing of scenes for recording or streaming with transitioning options via hotkeys or Radeon Overlay.
      • GIF Support allows creation of GIFs via hotkey or Radeon Overlay.
      • Added platform connection support for Restream.io, Streamable and Gfycat.
      • Multi-channel audio support and 16:9 streaming support.
    • Radeon ReLive Game Streaming (2)
      • Bringing Radeon gaming quality to your mobile devices allowing up to 4K 60fps low latency gaming with hardware acceleration. Seamlessly transition from your PC to your phone or tablet. Free on both Android and iOS via the AMD Link app.
    • Radeon ReLive for VR (3)
      • Bringing ultra-high PC quality VR experiences to standalone VR devices with low-level hardware acceleration optimized for streaming and recording.
      • Streaming enabled via Steam®, the Steam®VR ecosystem* and available through the Radeon ReLive VR app.
    • AMD Link (4)
      • Better reliability for a stable connection.
      • Get started easily with a redesigned connection process.
      • Upgrade Radeon Software through your phone.
      • Voice Controls for Radeon ReLive and Performance Metrics.
      • Radeon WattMan support.
      • Enhanced Performance metrics for capturing average, max and min FPS.
      • Radeon ReLive support allows viewing screenshots, playing back video, cropping video and saving video to your mobile device.
    • Radeon Overlay (5)
      • Enhanced Sync controls available in display tab with per game real-time adjustment.
      • Radeon FreeSync controls now found in display tab.
      • Per-game color controls now available in display tab.
      • Radeon WattMan is now supported in Radeon Overlay allowing for in-game power and performance optimizations.
      • Performance Metrics Overlay now supports visual customization with adjustable colors, columns, position, transparency and size.
      • Performance Metrics Overlay now supports a lower sample interval and frame-time measurement logging.
    • Radeon Game Advisor (6)
      • Measures game performance and generates a detailed report with suggestions to improve performance or increase image quality. Available through Radeon Overlay.
    • Radeon Settings Advisor (6)
      • Scans your system’s capabilities and provides optimization suggestions in just a few simple clicks. Available through Radeon Settings.
    • Radeon Upgrade Advisor (7)
      • Analyzes your PC for minimum and recommended game compatibility specifications with clear compatibility indicators in Game Explorer. Available through Radeon Settings.
    • Radeon WattMan (8)
      • One click tuning with Auto Overclock GPU, Auto Overclock Memory and Auto Undervolt GPU.
      • Change fan speed with temperature dependent fan curves and Zero RPM fan control.
      • Unlocked Radeon RX Vega series DPM states for finer power adjustments.
      • Targeted optimization of memory bound applications with new memory tuning feature.
    • Radeon Chill (9)
      • Improved Radeon Chill efficiency allows increased power savings.
    • Radeon FreeSync 2 (10)
      • Improved Radeon FreeSync 2 with auto-tone mapping for a more detailed experience in HDR 10 supported games.
    • Virtual Super Resolution (11)
      • Now supports ultra-wide 21:9 displays.
    • Radeon Installer (12)
      • A new one-click express install option is now available with installation progress and percentage indicators.
    Added Vulkan™ Support

• VK_EXT_inline_uniform_block
      • This extension introduces the ability to back uniform blocks directly with descriptor sets by storing inline uniform data within descriptor pool storage.
    • VK_KHR_swapchain_mutable_format
      • This extension enables processing of swapchain images as different formats to that used by the window system, which is particularly useful for switching between sRGB and linear RGB formats.
    • VK_EXT_scalar_block_layout
      • This extension enables C-like structure layout for uniform and storage buffers, allowing non-scalar types to be aligned solely based on the size of their components.
    • Sparse Support is Enabled
      • Sparse support relaxes the requirement to have memory allocated and bound to resources prior to being used. It also relaxes the requirement for the bound memory to be contiguous and for the memory bindings to be immutable.
    Fixed Issues

• Radeon Settings EULA screen may appear every time a reboot occurs.
    • Google Earth VR fails to load or may not launch.
    • Assassin’s Creed®: Odyssey may experience a black screen when going into action phases of the game.
    • Assassin’s Creed®: Odyssey may experience a game crash or TDR in some locations of the game like performing a leap of faith or deep-diving into water.
    • Forza Horizon 3™ may experience a game crash on launch.
    • Call of Duty™: Black Ops 4 may experience a crash on launch on AMD Ryzen desktop processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
    • A limited number of users may experience a black screen or signal loss when watching YouTube™ videos in full screen mode on Chrome browser.
    • Battlefield™ 1 may experience flickering when looking at water textures.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience stuttering when the game is set to run in windowed mode using the Vulkan™ API.
    • Radeon Overlay may fail to invoke when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance™.
    • Eyefinity advanced setup options may sometimes not appear in Radeon Settings after a driver upgrade.
    Known Issues

• This release is not compatible with Microsoft® PIX. For Microsoft® PIX support with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition please click here.
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings.
    • Upgrade Advisor may intermittently fail to detect games and provide compatibility recommendations.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may change size when resolutions are changed in game.
    • A port 58888 already in use error message may be observed when AMD Link Server was disabled while an IOS device client was connected.
    • Radeon Overlay’s new in overlay video player may experience smoothness issues while adjusting the playback slider.
    • Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene.
    • Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Auto tuning control options fail to present the starting notification before applying in Radeon Overlay.
    • Auto tuning may experience inconsistent behavior after applying Auto Overclock GPU and restarting/rebooting the system.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Maddness, Rambo, JonasBeckman and 2 others like this.
  2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    It's not live yet - still showing 18.12.1.1. or 18.9.3

3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    It is depending on the GPU I think...check for vega 64.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Installing now. :D

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah back up, and the release notes :)

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Lets gooo!

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Good stuff. :D

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

MaestroBayten and Ulenn like this.
  9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Is anyone else having trouble adjusting Custom Fan control on MSI AB? I can't seem to enable user defined fan control, sure I can adjust it in AB control panel, but it is not working.

10. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Radeon Settings Version - 2018.1206.1949.35667
    View Release Notes - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-2
    Driver Packaging Version - 18.50.02-181206a-337011C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01377
    OpenGL® Version - 25.20.15000.13543
    OpenCL™ Version - 25.20.15002.58
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0295
    AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.64
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.86

They update even Mantle version. 18.12.1 has 9.1.10.0282.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Fan control is not working for me with 3rd party apps including OverdriveNTool.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    VSR still not supported for my Ultra Wide monitor.

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    What is your native resolution? It is working for me on my 2560 x 1080 Ultra Wide.

15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    It seemed to impede the normal fanspeed of my Gigabyte VEGA 64 Gaming OC, the fan didn't even kick in when GPU temp hit 60C! I could barely start the Heaven benchmark before quitting it because temps just shot right up. Now back on 18.12.1.1 and user defined fan control is working, so I'll have to give thee 18.12.2 a pass till this issue get sorted out.

Jackalito likes this.

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I think this issue should be emphasized by peeps here, I mean, I don't want my fellow VEGA users to end up with dead cards due to overheating caused by fan failure.

Jackalito likes this.
  17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    and you can go to higher resolutions with it on?

for me it says vsr not supported

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    F**K AMD, IT IS ONLY FOR RX SERIES. I am gonna buy Nvidia soon. Disgusting marketing. Nvidia is better I think after that racism.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Only RX series support 21:9 VSR. I have R9. That's why, not a resolution thing.

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    screenshot for the fan curve? auto undervolt is working? :D