GeForce 417.35 Game Ready WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sure thing bro..

Netherwind, Vidik and cryohellinc like this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    A severe case of placebo.

tensai28 likes this.
  3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Negative comments aside, anyone get around to trying dlss on ffxv on a 2080ti? Can you keep 60fps at 4k maxed? I'll get around to downloading the giant update probably tonight after work.

4. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    That's exactly how DLSS works. Like he said, it's basically "4k lite". So 4k > 1440p DLSS > 1440p. IMHO it's still better to lower other settings to get better performance in 4k, resolution is the last thing one should touch no matter what fancy filters nvidia offers.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Rubbish.

every time someone brings up IQ its a frigging placebo.

This driver does not resolve the DP black screens though.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nothing stopping you from running in native 4K then. What's your argument here? That options is worse than no options?

This is something to check but considering that tensors should be able to run in parallel to SIMDs the drop wouldn't be huge I imaging. From benchmarks of DLSS 1x on the web it seems to run at almost the same fps as just running in 2560x1440 which means that the reconstruction to 4K is rather cheap which should mean that running DLSS 2x on 4K native shouldn't be too expensive - and it will give you 64x SSAA like quality supposedly.

DLSS patch for FFXV is out btw: https://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1709577435603148784

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ManuelG, BF1 and BFV texture filtering looks broken if you enable ''High Quality'' in NVCP. With ''Quality'' it looks ok.

[​IMG]

Xtreme512, Fumz and JAMVA like this.
  8. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    2107201-Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox/Steam is an ANCIENT bug. I've seen this since god knows when.

__

Also, you should never expect real 4K quality out of a random upscaling algorithm. There is nothing here to be upset about.
    It's just another gimmick from your average manufacturer to hype up products.
    The problem is that people fall for PR talk and later scream and shout at it not meeting their bizarre expectations...

Also, upscale static low resolution images with A.I. makes way more sense to me. Real time frame data? Eh...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  9. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    I don't have issues like the one you mentioned. MSI AB & RTSS are working fine with this driver, with the exception of 1 game that the frame limiter doesn't activate instantly but after some seconds.. i'm investigating this issue for some time now but i haven't found any fix for it yet! I'm assuming that the game i'm playing (R6 Siege) has some incompatibilities with RTSS and the latest branches of drivers but i haven't confirmed that yet also. Still searching for a fix..

10. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Forcing 16x AF from NVCP fixes it for me.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is this a gimmick if it gives you better quality than actual upscaling at kinda the same performance?

Most games do this right now without any AI processing and only through temporal and spatial reprojections. What's "eh" about doing this with a much more complex DL processing while simultaneously eliminating artifacts of temporal accumulation?

I really don't get why some people are so against new tech. Maybe you all should just stick to steam engines?

tensai28 and endbase like this.
  12. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not true.

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Vidik likes this.
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
  15. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    The TAA version is way more blurry then DLSS. And many scaling algorithms result in a "sharpening" effect, that by itself is not bad, as long as the end result looks good.
    There absolutely is a difference, and with that extremely blurry TAA implementation, the DLSS version looks better to me in several areas in the shot.

Just look at the ornament at the left end of the boat, its really nicely defined in DLSS and very blurry in TAA.

Even the brickwall textures in the center look less noisy and thus better.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

16. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Geometry on building in the distance (upper left) is worse with DLSS and textures are less detailed, almost like AF is off and LoD is somehow wrong, flowers on the balcony are a mess comparing to TAA, etc.

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    OK so it's obvious some can't even see the difference between native 4K and an upscale. I guess they are lucky in a way? But then I don't understand why do they have 4K screens. just to brag to their friends about it?

I mean to me it's night and day difference.

[​IMG]

Brama, CrazyBaldhead and evgenim like this.
  18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Sorry but it looks fine to me. I'd take it over TAA if it gives me an fps gain. Each to his own I guess.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So you can just play in native 4K without DLSS. Problem solved?

tensai28 likes this.
  20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AO looks broken with DLSS..