Need help with cod-Bo4

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by agglos25, Dec 11, 2018.

1. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    So i went and bought the season pass with deluxe package which cost me 130 euros. My drivers are up to date for every part of my set up GPU,ChipSet,Bios flash update, windows updates. Now my problem is the game will run and will crash at random in mid game with a result of the computer Rebooting with no BSOD i have disabled the auto restart when computer crashes but it still just restarts with out giving me any error code to be able to look up. Activision has been ignoring me for 3 days now on Face book they have been seeing my messages with no answer and i notice that they are violating a few EU laws when it comes to supplying a software for example they have to supply a direct way of communication between consumer and producer and that they have disabled any way of contacting them directly via email or phone. i dont really want a refund because i truly like the games they make but the lack of support and the non stop crashing of the game are making me feel like an idiot because i cant truly enjoy the game with out finishing a full match. (another violation of the EU legal consumer protection). I was hopping that the community of this site might have some insight on why this could be happening with the game and get support from people that i have heard are capable of solving problems like this by a person i consider knows what he is talking about thank you for taking your time in for reading my rant.

Specs (sorry for not including in original post)
    CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X 2.90GHz 16.5MB
    MoBo: Asus STRIX X299-XE Gaming
    PSU: corsair hx1000
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz C16 Memory Kit Red
    GPU: Asus rog strix Rtx 2070
    water cooling: corsair H100x

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Usually you'll have an easier time of people helping you if you state the hardware you got. ;)
    Crashing without any notice / bluescreen sounds like PSU, or heat issues, at least to me. Do you monitor temps?

3. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    hey i uploaded the specs. the thing is i have clocked 15+ hours playing ark on full specs with no issues and when i did a stress test on my cpu no issues came up further more i have set my rgb lighting on the GPU to show colour based on temp and tis always green never been on the red side

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Sounds like the PSU rebooting itself when under max load.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for updating your specs.
    Are your issues only happening when playing COD, and only then?

6. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    issue only happens when playing cod only i have clocked 15+h straight gaming on ark
    i have been in a few infinite loop in a java compiler no issue have used a few 3d apps like blender 3ds auto desk hudini and unreal engine 4 played few games like metro 2033 no issue stalker no issue crash bandicoot no issue WoW no issue its just cod which i have uninstalled re installed

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, honestly, at this point, as a non-user of any RTX card, I'd argue it's an RTX driver problem. Weird behavior seems to happen with the latest gen... Not really sure I got other ideas than those I mentioned above, sorry

8. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    i did a quick look up for recommended PSU watts for my set up and i have double the required amount of power so technical speaking this set up would not be able to reach max PSU usage i am also getting a low ram rating on my bench marks.

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

My second guess would be the ram.

Nothing else is going to make it reboot without an error.

10. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    Just completed memory diagnostic no errors where found :/

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Usually, a piece of software cannot cause your system to reboot like that in DirectX 11, because it has to go through your drivers, and they have to go through the OS.

I'm assuming it's not going to be anything overheating and causing the reboot, because everything else runs fine.

The only things I can think of are that the game is the CPU and GPU heavy, and so uses lots of power. Beyond that, unstable ram or CPU can cause system reboots, but the CPU is usually very unlikely to be the cause if everything else runs fine and there are no BSOD messages in system log.

I mean, it's a sudden crash that bypasses the system logs, so would generally have to be a sudden loss of power caused by a hardware issue. Could just as be bad PCI-E cables or improperly seated graphics card or ram, but those would likely bring up issues in other games.

Given the above, the only reasonably foreseeable scenario would have to involve BO4 exposing some type of power or heat related weakness.

Perhaps try running something that's just as taxing on the system and see if you get the same issue. It may be worth running HWinfo64 in the back ground and checking the readings. If you don't get any issues or notice any strange readings, then maybe just put it down to something extremely obscure related to just the game causing the reboots, and ignore it for a while and see if newer patches etc. fix it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Pretty much this, good answer.
    Like I said, I too think it's either power or thermals in some way, but then it would make me thing you'd see unstable overclocks in other games too. Did you check your system logs to see if there was anything stated @agglos25 ?

BlackZero likes this.
  13. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    so i just completed a Memtest86 No issues what so ever took 3hours. ill look in to the HWinfo64 and keep you posted.

BlackZero and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    This game have some serious problems with nvidia. Do not set anything over medium no matter what hw you got, that fixed my crashes.
    (nvidia geforce experience set everything to medium/low on auto, just use whatever it go to on your system)

15. agglos25

agglos25 Guest

GPU:
    rog strix rtx 2070
    so i payed for a game that is int well optimised for any H/W set up?

cryohellinc likes this.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I made a mistake of buying this trash, after 10 mins of playing it I just deleted it, contacted support for a potential refund where they told me - you have a SIGNIFICANT amount of time spent in game.

I literally played for 10 mins, 5 of which I spent in the settings menu. A SIGNIFICANT amount of time spent in game.

Never again will actiblizzard scum get a penny from me.

17. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    I got this this game from day one, and so far I had zero problems.
    Specs:
    i5 8600k
    16GB DDR4 Ram
    Asus Geforce GTX 1070 with latest drivers.
    Game running from an older mechanical HD.

18. Akumu

Akumu Guest

GPU:
    4000mhz 16gb g.skill
    The game has been extremely buggy since launch with all sorts of crashes. Crashes and instability are widespread.