AMD NAVI would see three video card models, $249 RX 3080 close to RTX 2070

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    Don’t worry, it’s OK. If it makes you feel better then I accept your sheep name calling, keep buying overpriced crap, will you?

Arbie likes this.
  2. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'd rather listen to AdoredTV than any more Bull from forum members who think they know best for everyone, and go calling people sheep.

Vega was technically not brilliant, but they sold all that they produced. Thats a win in my book.
    You're stuck with the choices you make years before in the CPU/GPU industry.
    Sometimes they are great choices, sometimes they are terrible.
    I live with it.

moo100times, Arbie and Jagman like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not wanting to get a piece of your argument, but those are very wise words.
    Make a hardware choice, stick to it, be willing to admit it was not that brilliant if it wasn't, and live with them.

carnivore likes this.
  4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Any way you cut it, both camps have great cards.But both suffer from heat dissipation.If you're going to overclock, spend the money on proper high end cooling, proper psu and the rest on a decent price/performance gpu.
    If you can get both high end cooling and top tier gpu then even better.Power consumption shouldn't matter, take the heat out of the equation and both camps are winners from a hardware perspective.
    Proprietary software features then come down to the users' choice, Hairworks, Turf Effects, etc.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Good short relief for share holders!

Yes it sold all his stock at very high prices mainly to miners and was weak (and still is no fine wine here) compared to his gaming GPU competition.

As gaming GPU It's was and still is a overpriced piece of crap.

BTW when there is no real competition for a product it can't be called "overpriced crap".

Ti's and Titans are not overpriced crap: it's the price you must pay if you want that performance (and bragging rights) thanks to the absolute competition failure.

Speaking about fine wine and overpriced crap: last week i bought on Ebay a used MSI 1080 Ti gaming X for 100 euros less than the cheapest Vega 64 i found.it still performs better as Gaming GPU and cost less after many months after launch.Is that "fine wine"?

LOL

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    lol sheep I was being nice
    but you are wrong I wont buy overpriced crap
    what would you call overpriced garbage the vega 64 for 650-700 or the 1080ti for 650-700?
    just saying

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    because he says what you want to hear
    you are blinded
    omg he called me blind aww too bad go on forum with only you and the like then you can hear only what you want too
    both of you are crazy for this guy do you fight over who likes him more? lol j/k

I don't really want to talk about vega and yeah they sold months after when they had them but that was not due to gamers rushing to get them.they had cards for a year that did what vega did for cheaper

anyways so 1070ti performance for what he say?250? 300?
    oh boy hey wait don't they have a 250usd card it must do at least 1070 performance right by now I mean???? you have the reason for high prices amd gpu's atm have little to offer.
    they take the #2 approach but no prices/performance lead of the past on the higher end.
    they say 7nm is going to be expensive not cheaper so we will see
    red hype train pull out of this station

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    As much as I'd like to disagree with you and give AMD the benefit of the doubt...I just can't...I'm "really multiplied by infinity" being hopeful for them though.
    Feels like I've been with Nvidia forever.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    By increasing there prices, I dont think nvidia and intel care about competing with prices, cause they know there stuff will sell at the prices they set.

I think for that to happen AMD is gona have to deliver something the at very lest 1.5x more powerfull they there stuff and half the price.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  10. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I make my own decisions, and listen to all sides.
    I bought my Vega on release day, and I'm very happy with it.

and FYI, that was the first video I've seen of AdoredTV. I enjoyed the way it was presented.
    Might check out his next vid.

11. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    Hey shepherd, I got my Vega 64 for £399 from Overclockers, how does it sound? Mad?

12. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    The moment you accept mining was the reason for the price you contradict yourself, it's no longer overpriced crap because it was not supposed to be sold at those prices....
    And yes, Ti'S and Titans are overpriced crap, partly because the lack or progress on AMD''s gpu division but mostly because of Ngreedia who decided to inflate prices beyond reason and everybody was, and is still cheering, makes no sense to me unless the cheerleaders are really rich and props to them then.
    And congrats on that 100 euro buy.

13. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    I don't think I am crazy shepherd, at least no one says I act weird or stuff like that, and to answer to you again, I don,t fight for Jimbo here, although I love his "alright guys" opening line, but I am simply upset by some dudes total lack of ability to read between the lines and beyond the marketing speeches and make the right decision.
    But I am wasting my time with you am I? You could probably watch AdoredTV's video about the Intel monopoly and you would still support Intel by buying their procs even if you had a good alternative.

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    100 euros cheaper than the overpriced crap Vega 64...not 100 euros total.

As i said "overpriced" adjective can only be applied when a product has some kind of competition.

Nobody is forced to buy Tis and Titan: you buy them if you want that GAMING performance (and have the $$$) because there is no alternative.First world problems.

Getting a launch Vega 64 for 399 pounds at OCUK shop was like winning the lottery.

Congrats on that.

Prices for Vega 64 remained high and still are too high even for used ones in Ebay and other stores.

15. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    I define overpriced when you get to pay much more for less and less performance gain year on year. RTX series is waaayyyy overpriced, because the lack of competition but still overpriced. Just look at the comparisons between 1080Ti and 2080 gaming performance and tell me the increase in price is perfectly justified.
    I see what you did there about my Vega, no need for bitterness, it was my choice and I am very very happy with my undervolt, I will be buying Ngreedia products ONLY when AMD start doing the same shady things as team green.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What increase in price? 1080Ti MSRP'd at $699 for the FE edition - 2080 is the same price. 1080Ti's used on Amazon right now are like $900:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...ie=UTF8&qid=1544555411&sr=1-1&keywords=1080Ti

2080 in stock at $809:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...ie=UTF8&qid=1544555411&sr=1-3&keywords=1080Ti

I agree that the 2K series is overpriced but your comparison is bad and there is a bunch of asterisks tied to that anyway. For example someone that plans on playing all RTX enabled games might find the RT feature worth $150-200. Perhaps even more find DLSS/RT when taken together worth $150-200. Perhaps even more people than that find DLSS/RT/Mesh Shaders/Variable Rate Shading etc will add even more value in the future and set the card further apart. These value-add differences were similar in the past with features like Shadowplay, G-Sync, Etc - there were periods of exclusivity on these features that are going to give value to the card that's not directly related to performance. I had friends choose 780Ti's over 290'x because of Shadow Play alone, even despite me recommending the 290x for long-term performance. You're sitting here saying these features have no value or just not considering them, which is your opinion and fine to have, but not everyone will agree with that.

You keep trying to tell people what things are worth but it's entirely your opinion and there are examples (like I stated, when Vega 64 launched it was priced the same MSRP as 1080Ti) where clearly AMD didn't even have a value advantage.

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    There is nothing wrong with telling what I think it's worth buying and what isn't as long I don't force you to buy something.. As you have your opinion I have it also. I also think that all the features of the RTX cards you enumerated are a long way from widespread adoption so that point may not be as valid at this moment, that is why I am not considering them. DLSS looks sweet, VRS din't liked it, looks like a gimmick to get more fps while sacrifing image quality.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Amazon is not exactly the best place to buy used GPUs.

I bought a used MSI 1080TI gaming X for 500 Euros on ebay.

Vega 64 "deals" :rolleyes: started at 600 Euros.

I certainly don't appreciate the overpriced crap Vega 64 fine wine lack of performance...

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    So you like to be misinformed then?

20. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    They COULD but it wouldn't sell nearly as much (there are more low-mid range 20x0-cards around the corner). By keeping prices that low would mean more sales and bigger user base. It's a difficult equation:

"Fewer cards * higher price" or "More cards * lower price". It all depends on what AMD plans when it comes to market share, user base etc.