Vulkan developer driver 417.23

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
  2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Another one?

3. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 S / 6 GB
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its raining drivers :D

Blackfyre likes this.

5. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    How many driver versions do they produce in parallel?? :eek:

6. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 S / 6 GB
    It's beta version/developer version. Testing only.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well original 417 vulkan had the same memory glitch, guess they had to fix that too.

8. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    417.23- VK416_93-11

AQUILES likes this.
  9. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Any performance gains with this driver? Or anyone tested this , as im using the driver -Tj- recommended for quake champions which was vulkan 399.41

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    and how was it?

Btw, I wrote this about Quake champions later.. turns out its tripplebuffer fault and makes weird gpu usage spikes as well
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...ownload-discussion.424147/page-2#post-5612311

That said there is no gpu difference with one or the other, e.g. 399 vs 417 driver, at least in the lobby and same scenario.

I'm now at official 417.22, didn't play QC anymore, well kind of given up.

11. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Yeh alot of stuff need's fixed as since the last 2 patchs for me , mouse/movement and fps seem's to be garbage. Was brilliant when early beta but now after each new store feature and character is added game gets worse and all champs get nerfed, so there is no consistency atm for player's. Be that in movement and mouse due to users getting used to the tracking and feel then a new patch mess's that fell right up. Due to other player's looking a match but have to wait sometimes 2 min to 15min's. Or characters forever buffing / nerfing. No consistency at all in anything apart from the audio/icon settings tab LOL

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I usually find matches pretty quick. 1-2min max, DM or instagib.. maybe December update does some wonders again.

Btw I saw someone mentioning complete steam game uninstall/reinstall fixes what I've been experiencing ever since July, will try that now.

EDIT: nope, took a lot longer now though.. as well.. idk why it does this -_-, its the Only game that seems to be unstable, weird.

Anyway, sorry for offtopic.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  13. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Has anybody tried this driver with Just Cause 4. I've tried 417.22 and a few other drivers but the damn game keeps crashing on me.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game is just quite unstable in general, I might be on AMD but until I cleared the first few missions the game was really crash prone. Once that first region was done with though it stabilized.

First patch should hit in three weeks or so with stability specifically listed in the initial changelog they have for the PC version. :)

The game simply needs work.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/517630/announcements/detail/1698317802622201665

Just Cause 3 had a similar announcement from the devs and apology for the state of the game upon launch, I think the publisher just booted it out way too early for the Holiday session even if it could have needed another quarter or so for testing and polishing and launching in a much better shape than whatever this is.

"Numerous stability fixes"

That's definitively needed, optimization issues and broken graphics is a problem but not being able to play the game for at best more than a few minutes before it will crash well that's a real breaking problem right there.

15. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    The first few missions were perfectly stable for me but then all of a sudden I kept getting constant crashes. I am stuck at 11% and I can not progress any further because of the crashes. Anyway I've installed this and I am still getting the Nvidia 34 error crash

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Anyone know if these are optimized for the bf5 update? Also has anyone tried these on hitman 2?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes they fixed vram speed reading.

Will see gta5 later and what's going on with CPU.

18. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm DLSS for Final Fantasy XV, interesting so they are adding it to the main game after all. :)

EDIT: And the PDF until a new topic is made for the driver.
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/417.35/417.35-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

EDIT:
    EDIT:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ay-driver-feedback-thread-released-12-12-18-/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018