Review: Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Gamerock Premium 8G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2018.

1. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    These reflections were still with BF4 single night mission in the city,I advise you to pereproyti to remember!

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    what's happening to 980ti in bfv ?
    such poor performance...

3. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    I am considering getting this card and selling my 2 year old GTX 1080 TI with water cooling, i can come out with a price difference around 170 Euro get new warrenty, little better performance.

4. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    1080Ti's are going to some really good prices on ebay right now, especially the better models and watercooled ones.

This card stays nice and cool, hottest I have seen it is 66c for a short period and my case fans are on their 2nd from slowest setting (though my case has some really pretty good airflow)
    That and this card has the best freebies I am aware of with a 2080.

Make sure you buy from an approved supplier to get (think some of it was only from UK resellers but should be np in the EU):

$20 Steam vouchers (edited: + $10 more for leaving a card review at an approved store )
    Battlefield V
    MSI Immerse GH70 7.1 surround headset (while stocks last per supplier, if it appears in your shopping cart as you order then you get it.)

I think that new warranty + DLSS in modern games makes it a worthwhile side/upgrade. Anything that comes from RT cores in the longrun is just a bonus :)
    The 2080Ti is just too much of a sting for my wallet :s

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I don't know why they keep making cards that have heat sink and fan assemblies that look like kid's toys.

Usually, you'd get Gigabyte and Asus releasing solid looking cards, but even they've started making these fluffy things with colourful lights these days.

6. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

I got the 2080TI to begin with but the performance to money ratio just wasnt enough for me to justify keeping it. Which is why i am looking at the 2080,.

7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Yup, understandable.

My last card died and this one just about fulfills my 4k gaming needs for the moment.
    Am really waiting for AMD's next real showing and hoping it shakes things up like they did with Threadripper & Epyc CPUs seeing as they announced they are going to use the same style chiplet design.

GPUs will soon have a LOT more cores than they do today. 144Hz+ 4k gaming incoming.