Battlefield 5 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CoMa666, Nov 26, 2018.

1. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Hi to all, i have drivers version 416.94 and all my games seems to be good, except BF5, the game runs good but i have insane mouse stuttering.
    I have a g-sync monitor 1080p set to g-sync mode one and v-sync on, i tried many combinations but the microstutter of the mouse remain, any tips?
    What's the best driver for g-sync and more stable? i don't care about performance on games, i just need all warks good and not ultra fast ;)
    Sorry my bad english.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    That sounds like your maxing the CPU. I cap my fps so CPU doesn't work so hard as I am running only a 3570k@4.5ghz.
    I set a cap to slightly above refresh rate which is 60hz so I have the cap at 63 in the config file (user.cfg) in BFV root folder with these lines.But I run with Vsync off.
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 63.000000
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1

The top one is cap and will override the games UI setting, second is render frames ahead which you can experiment with 0, 1, and 2 should cover all uses.
    I am not sure how you can do it will Gsync my guess is your at 144hz which is pretty high for this game to hit. Maybe there are lower refresh rates you can choose from.

PS: post your system specs it will help with replies.

3. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Thanks mate, my problem is only with this game and it's mouse microstuttering, i have i7 7700k and gtx 1080ti, with g-sync monitor but at 1080p.

4. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    i can't find user.cfg

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You need to make the file and add it to the root folder of BFV.
    Make a notepad file and add the lines in my post, then save it to "user.cfg"

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 63.000000
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1