Darksiders III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 2, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

releases in exactly two weeks.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Very excited for this. I can't wait.

3. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I enjoyed first two games and probably gonna get this one. Was looking forward to this so i'll judge it myself.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's Eurogamer for you. Their reviews always come across so utterly negative and nit-picky.

Personally, I still think the game looks great. And can't wait to play it tomorrow.
    And for the record, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is great. And, in a lot of ways, I'm enjoying it more then Rise.

I pre-purchased Darksiders III. Because I feel smaller studios like this need the support, they need to chance to show they can do great things if given the opportunity.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Fallout 76 is a disgrace, i'm not going to loose energy on that game. TES6 must be real good if they want to win me back but i already hear stories about
    using the same old engine again.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was okay but i personally expected more variation in gameplay, environments and better graphics. Still hoping for a high resolution texture pack.

I'm a fan of the Darksiders series but the difference between this game and Fallout and Tomb Raider is that this always was a B game so i don't expect God of War quality.

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Definitely a deep sale kinda game (from what little i've seen so far anyway) along with the new TR for me. Maybe one of these days i'll finish the 2nd one too. Somehow never managed to get past the half way point, ish in 2 playtrhough attempts. Can't even remember why any more!

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Definitely waiting for a sale on this one based on the lacklustre reviews I've read (and watched) so far. Sounds very disappointing to be honest, like a game that has been crippled by a limited budget. With this and Fallout 76, the last part of 2018 is turning out to be a real disappointment. They say these things come in threes so is Just Cause 4 going to be the third...?

Solfaur likes this.
  10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Does it have rpg stuff in it? Is it closer to the first one or second one in terms of gameplay?

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    The improvements or mechanics added to the franchise from Darksiders 2 (Loot / RPG mechanics etc) is gone. Darksiders 3 is more like the first Darksiders, but kinda worse IMO. There are too many puzzles and it is tedious and annoying. They aren't hard, just time wasting and annoying - And they are seemingly everywhere.

MaCk0y likes this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Hmm. I really enjoyed playing the first one. I will check this one out.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A lot of things were removed or changed even compared to Darksiders 1 possibly due to budget since THQ Nordic is picking up a lot of old licenses and are doing really well but the new games they are creating often have a smaller budget though all in all it's better than the former THQ which I believe blew around 50 million on Darksiders 2 alone and then marketing and such. I liked the game but recouping "AAA" costs for game development means it needs to sell incredibly well and that mostly works for a established and popular franchise, second game in a new series that also changed a lot of things around that's going to be rough. (I think Darksiders 2 in particular also fell on executive meddling and time constraints but I'm not entirely certain.)

Was browsing review impressions yesterday and might be fun for what it is but I'll be picking it up on a sale if anything.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/darksiders-iii-review-thread.83228/page-5

Plus stability concerns, low framerate and other issues. (Problems with how they used Unreal Engine 4 perhaps?)

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    If you guys want to see something funny, check CohnCarnage stream out on Twitch which is usually the calmest guy in the world. usually......
    He is going nuts, because he is not able to clear a boss since the controlls is bugged. It auto locks onto the boss at random somehow while he is not doing it himself.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, likely, why break the pattern :p

Luckily 2019 will be great from the get go with Division 2 and Sekiro releasing in Q1 and games like Code Vein, Rage 2 to follow (and more I have already forgotten).

And Ion Maiden!

Darren Hodgson likes this.

16. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    budgetary concerns & limited manpower dont explain why gunfire games (vigil minus joe madureira) consciously decided to minimize or remove major game elements that were heavily established within the games formula, while simultaneously changing existing characters & entities completely. goodbye zelda aspect. goodbye dungeons. no robust combo progression, no more frantic brawling fights. weapon or armor drops? huh? wat are those? equip the abyssal armor? you cant even see it.

fury herself completely altered from her look & demeanor in the comics & concept art...turned into a generic armor-laden harpy. every character, major & minor alike, is reproduced 1:1 exactly as the original art depicted except for her. the charred council completely flanderized, acting like a caricature of itself...& no more imposing, layered, guttural roar - just some generic deep voice. remember wars watcher, voiced by the legendary mark hamill, who constantly threatened to kill war if he so much as thought about disobeying the council & shirking his duty? well, furys watcher is, for no reason at all, her personal cheerleader. regular procreating thelma & louise!

darksiders 1&2 are among two of my absolute favorite games, the first installment in particular being right up there with UT99 & half-life in my personal esteem. this game seems like it has completely forgotten its identity. i have been tremendously excited for this release for over a year, & now im just mad.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Put almost two hours into it, I love it.
    I personally think, a lot of negativity for this one... is that people assumed they knew what they would be getting. Thinking it would be more of Darksiders 2.

But, I think people tend to forget how different 2 was from the first game. And how upset people were when 2 first came out. "Fans" hated the loot, hated the change in combat, the leveling system. The shift away from the Metroid style level design.
    And now, people are crying because DS3 doesn't have that stuff.
    This is very much in line with what Vigil Games originally said about the series, that if they got the chance to make a game for each Horseman... each game would be different.

Darksiders 3 moves away from the first game's Zelda themes, and abandons DS2's Diablo inspirations. It does adopt a very lite Dark Souls style, but again... VERY lite. People trying to coin the phrase Dark-Souls-siders are just blowing things out of proportion.

Fury is faster then War, but slower then Death... and more fragile then both.
    Being successful with her combat requires you to use the lockon mechanic, and master dodging. I can play the first two titles without using the lockon, but trying that here leads only to death. You have to focus on enemies, switching between them as they become threats.
    And leaning to make the best use of the dodge mechanic. Not only will it save your health, it offers some of the more powerful attacks and quickest ways to take down enemies.

And Fury's watcher... isn't actually a fan of hers. The watcher is doing the Charred Councils bidding, by trying to keep Fury distracted.
    The first game shows that the Council is corrupt, aware of the conspiracy and trying to use War as a scapegoat. And, by sending Fury out to kill the Seven Deadly, they are just trying to keep her out of the way. So, put a Watcher with her, not to kill or hurt if she doesn't do what they want. But, to butter her up, praise her and feed to her ego to keep her distracted.
    War's Watcher was given power over him because War knew the truth, that he didn't start the apocalypse. That he was being used. They couldn't let him run free, or give him a Watcher that was just going to let him do whatever.

As for performance, I maxed out the settings, and have had a smooth time since.
    None of the stuttering, hitching or frame rate drops I read about or saw people commenting on in reviews. Of course, with pre-release reviews... you have to take into account... they don't have the game ready drivers, or Day 1 patches.

18. I was waiting for this game... after I realized there are no checkpoints within levels or bossfights, I instantly deleted the game. Sorry but my time is too valuable to repeat the same sequence all over again. What a terrible game design decision.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is a so console like game. It is a blasphemy for PC gaming. Darksiders 1 had destructive environment and better checkpoints. What is this ****? After DS1 and DS2 we have this? OK, crisper graphics combined with more fps drops, it feels like xboxonex and ps4pro brought to PC.

I will only remember the first two games and the warmasterered one. I pay my respects there. I will never fully support this piece of ****, until they do something to buy my mind and time. I'll wait for dlcs and patches to pop up. Until the completed/fixed edition, I won't touch it again. :mad:

20. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I've not gotten very far into the game, but I think I'm gonna keep playing it. But ignoring my opinion of the game, for those interested, here is a FOV Utility that I'm making use of until the developer officially patch one in. Darksiders 3 FOV Changer.