No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wonder what the larger features are going to be... I kind of hope one day we can make a base on an asteroid, and be able to fly around in zero-g, and find dead freighters in space and explore inside them to find things.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Latest changes on Experimental (01/10):

• Added a new Exocraft, the Pilgrim. Purchase the blueprints for the Pilgrim Geobay from a Blueprint Analyser.
    • Added an Exocraft Summoning Station that once built on a planet, allows all owned exocraft to be summoned from anywhere on that planet. Purchase the blueprints for the Exocraft Summoning Station from a Blueprint Analyser.
    • Increased the inventory size of all Exocraft.
    • Increased the base speed of the Colossus.
    • Added upgrade modules for the Exocraft, similar to the modules available for ships, Multi-Tools + the Exosuit. Upgrade Modules are purchasable for Nanites from the Exocraft Technician once their quest chain is complete. Modifiable stats include top speed, boost power, fuel efficiency, gun damage and more.
    • Expanded the Exocraft Quick Menu options to allow all owned and in-range Exocraft to be summoned, not just the current primary Exocraft.
    • Added the ability to customise your Exocraft with unique paint, decals and boost particle options.
    • Added specific technology to customise Exocraft handling, allowing drivers to spec their vehicles for grip or drift.
    • Added a speedometer display to the HUD while driving an Exocraft.

• Fixed a number of issues with vehicle races, particularly in multiplayer.
    • Fixed an issue where Exocraft with laser upgrades could still not mine substances that required an Advanced Mining Laser.
    • Fixed an issue where Exocraft could not mine terrain resources.

• Improved the visuals when highlighting objects with the Analysis Visor.
    • Fixed an issue where players could not lose a 5-Star wanted level.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Blaze Javelin from firing while zoomed in with the Combat Scope.
    • Fixed an issue where players who were on the other side of a portal at the launch of NEXT would see their portal return marker in an invalid position.
    • Fixed an issue where NPCs could use the wrong audio.
    • Fixed an issue where frigate cargo would be lost if inventory space wasn't available upon landing on the frigate.
    • Fixed an issue where expedition upgrades were not refunded when the expedition was cancelled.
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to land on frigates owned by other people in multiplayer.
    • Added the ability to cycle between frigates when viewing the fleet.
    • Fixed an issue where freighters could not be purchased with other players on board.
    • Fleets can now be seen from the planet surface.
    • Added display of planetary coordinates to starship dashboard.
    • Fixed a number of issues with player position being saved incorrectly while on the other side of a portal in multiplayer.
    • Fixed an issue that caused players returning to a Base Computer via a teleporter to spawn inside the Base Computer mesh and be violently ejected.
    • Fixed an issue where players were being asked to build a beacon for the Base Scientist but didn't know the blueprint.
    • Fixed an issue that caused missions given by planetary NPCs to use a Trade Outpost for hand in rather than the NPC that gave the mission.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Delivery missions to require the wrong substance at the hand-in step.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause missions that involved bribery to request an invalid item as the bribe.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Atmosphere Harvester to collect an invalid substance on specific rare biomes.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Atmosphere Harvesters (and other similar remote gathering technology) to run out of fuel and empty its collection hopper when the player left the system.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Automated Mining Units to mine an incorrect substance from terrain resource deposits.
    • Fixed an issue that caused base building warning messages to be displayed immediately after correctly constructing a building.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the 'Find nearest building' signal booster option to find only buildings of the same type as the nearest building.
    • Starships will now be placed upon available landing pads when teleporting back to the player's base.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause players to be ejected through their freighter's hanger when leaving some tall Exotic ships.
    • Fixed a number of other issues affecting starship landing and collision.
    • Fixed an issue that could allow multiple starships to be docked on the same landing pad in multiplayer.
    • Non-primary player ships are returned to the freighter when the freighter is called in, preventing them becoming permanently lost or broken.
    • Further improved the system to remove irrelevant bases from the teleport list.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause starship engines to sound too loud.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the camera to swing wildly when launching the starship.
    • Prevented Quick Menu hotkeys from taking effect while other UI panels are open (eg during text chat).
    • Fixed a crash related to the Quick Menu.
    • Fixed a crash in AI ship behaviour.
    • Fixed a crash in the terrain system when reloading an autosave.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause poor performance on the Discoveries menu.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause excess memory usage on some AMD systems.

4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    All good stuff but no fixes for the Week 4 Community Event which is the most buggy yet.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Greetings, interlopers! I am pleased to announce that 1.64 has been released, and is now live. You can see the changelog and the Development Update on the Hello Games blog.

The majority of changes in 1.64 are bugfixes. PC also now supports tessellation without file edits - go to the Graphics menu in settings to turn it on!

Additionally, new community events (should) have started, so go visit Nada and Polo for another fun mission, though there is no promise that wolves will be included.

Lastly, if you haven't already, Hello Games has a new Explorer Feedback Survey out, to collect more information on what we, the players, want. A prize will be sent to a few lucky people who fill out the survey!

Good luck, and have fun!

-----

Full Changelog

• Fixed an issue where items could fail to display in the Quicksilver shop.

• Fixed an issue where Community Research missions could be given deadlines in the distant future.

• Fixed an issue where players could get trapped when getting out of some ship types

• As a temporary measure while investigating a crash on Xbox One X only, we have disabled terrain tessellation.

• Fixed an issue where players could fail to be given the blueprints for Hydroponic Trays.

• Fixed an issue where players could fail to be given the blueprints for the plants required by the Farmer.

• Fixed an issue where players could fail to learn the Circuit Board blueprint at the correct time.

• Fixed an issue where NPC missions might return to a building that had no NPCs in them.

• Fixed an issue where players could fail to learn the Glass blueprint at the correct time.

• Fixed an issue where players could fail to learn the Frigate Fuel blueprints at the correct time

• Missions from the Mission Board or planetary NPCs will now display
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/9nm2lb/no_mans_sky_164_update_and_changelog/

Not included in the changelog is fps optimization. The game is definitely running smoother.

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ill give em credit for fixing a game they woefully under delivered on.

Still not interested tho :p.

Now if sea of thieves can do the same.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I'm gonna get hate for this, but the game got worse after the major updates. When it was first announced, it seemed like Hello Games wanted to make "Freelancer on steroids." Which I was very hyped about. They failed.

Then they re-imagined the game and they re-made it into Minecraft for no other reason than crafting games being popular. God, I hate Minecraft... :p

Keitosha likes this.
  10. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Next Update trailer got leaked. Still no word on the last Commuity Event.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Playing it a bit now (started a new, fresh game), it's really fun. However, as it is with most new updates like this one, a lot of mods stop working (or make the game crash on startup too).

For now I'm only using Instant Action / Button (can't stand the 'loading' default one), which works for this update, and the No Scanline / No Chromatic Aberration mod (removing the HUD overlay effects for the helmet). The mods I can't wait an update for are No Random Sentinels (Sentinels in this game are a complete nuisance, they are the Cliff Racers of modern gaming; no less) and one that increases view distance for animals (can't recall the name, but the current version doesn't work anyway).

I hadn't played this game for some time, and a few weeks ago I got my GTX 1080. So this time I turned on everything to Ultra, and for the first time since it was added to the game I finally turned on Tessellation (max setting) and wow... it really does make a nice difference. This game has improved for the best over time for sure.

13. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Same here, game on a fresh GTX1080 looks gorgeous and runs sweet, one notch down 4k using dsr.

14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Just landed on one of the weirdest (and coolest) looking Moon I've ever seen so far:

[​IMG]

If it wasn't for the hovering rocks, and them being replaced by some floating machinery I'd say this is the surface of a Borg Cube or something straight out of a sci-fi movie.

I also encountered some of the new 'underground' life forms from this new update (on that Moon pictured above). When "it" moves, it creates cracks in the ground like a worm that pushes the ground up just enough to split apart (without seeing the worm itself) Tremor-style. And when it moves there's 'jets' of green light coming out of the ground. It looks absolutely eerie at night, and the ambient sounds and atmosphere is actually very good and fitting.

Seriously, Hello Games, you're doing this well. Took about two years to get there but... yeah, time to actually enjoy this game now.

boodikon and KissSh0t like this.
  15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    New Daily Community Research Event is live.

Patch 1.77

• Fixed an issue where Big Ball would get stuck in the refiner output (any previously broken refiners will now be clear)
    • Fixed an issue where all crystals would be called ‘Unknown’
    • Fixed an issue where the tutorial mission would not advance if the player collected a Hermetic Seal too early
    • Fixed an issue where the mission flow would halt when instructed to build a base for Apollo’s contact if the base already had an Overseer but no large-scale rooms
    • Fixed some crash issues in exocraft races
    • Fixed a hang issue when accessing a mission dialogue at the same time as the mission deadline
    • Fixed a hang issue when accessing the Starship Communicator at the same time as exiting the cockpit
    • Fixed an issue where ancient ruins and crashed freighters could sometimes spawn floating above the surface of planets
    • Adjusted the health of corrupted Sentinels to make them more tough than regular Sentinels
    • Fixed an issue where the advanced mining laser was not required to mine advanced substances
    • Fixed an issue where killing another player with melee attacks would result in an incorrect chat message
    • Addressed a number of photosensitivity issues around the Portal and the enter/exit ship effects
    • Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator beam would not render on Multi-Tools with one pre-installed at purchase
    • Fixed an issue where resource names could appear multiple times on the planetary readout from space
    • Fixed an issue with collision on some medium-sized rocks
    • Fixed an issue with the Pocket Reality Generator not being buildable indoors
    • Disabled the Analysis Visor while on ladders

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/12/development-update-10/

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so x4 or this or elite didnt that just drop a new update?

what is the space game to play right now?

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    So ahead of the new Beyond update coming later this year, they're also ditching OpenGL and rehauling the engine to use Vulkan instead. You can test this now should you wish by downloading the "experimental client"

Might jump back in to see if there are any performance improvements when the update goes live.

PS. VR support coming too, not that VR is much of a thing these days from what I can tell but thought I'd mention it for those who are into that.

Kolt, fantaskarsef and KissSh0t like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was actually searching for this thread yesterday to post about the Vulkan update but just couldn't find it.... how the hecking heck did you find it hahaha... my eyes must be broken.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I went back a lot of pages.... A LOT of pages :p

KissSh0t likes this.
  20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    How is the performance with other people? I recently picked up the game again (played it when it came out, got bored fast)... however all the recent updates to the game have given me a completely different experience and I'm loving it.

I run the game everything ultra, TAA low on 2560x1440 and (vsync on, 60 fps on my TV) and it seems to run well. 3840x2160 and I could see lots of dips down to 30 fps.

I have installed the vulkan update and it has certainly improved things, but I do notice some minor graphical glitches (like dots showing up on the spaceship hud), but for the most part its an improvement.... however achieving 3840x2160 @ 60 FPS doesn't seem doable still. I need TAA on even at 4K because the aliasing is still noticeable.

Anyone else have a different experience?