Nvidia Geforce 416.94 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Law-II

Law-II Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080ti Extreme
    You hit the nail on the head; updating to RS5 1809 resolved the issue. thank you
    atb
    Law-II

2. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Anyone experiencing weird freezes in Mozilla with these drivers ? Cursor + everything else seems to lock up for 1-2 seconds, never experienced before

3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I am. I also noticed that after playing and HDR game and reverting to SDR once on the desktop, the color is screwed up because the color space gets limited. I now have to manually use the NVCP and change the appropriate settings, whereas with 399.24 it worked fine set to automatic.

bOse likes this.
  4. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 S / 6 GB
    " [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]"\

I did not notice any problems. GTX 1060. :p

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not quite like that, cursor doesn't freeze but Firefox does seem a bit unresponsive from time to time. Could be something else than this driver though.

bOse likes this.
  6. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Sadly unresolved.

7. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Quake Champions is running far smoother on my end, lower fps due to past patch hiccups but latest patch and these drivers its running smooth as butter and fps is back up.

@Windows10 1809 ~ i7 6850K@4.4ghz, 24gb ddr4 adata xpg z1 3000mhz watercooled "evga evo supremacy", msi x99s gaming 9 ack, 980gtx ti @pcie 3.0 watercooled "evga G1 waterblock" and bio's modded, samsung evo m.2 500GB @ pcie gen3.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anything special in driver profile or by game exe?

I'm asking because I'm forcing negative LOD -1.0 to remove blur from TAA and now testing FS optimization off; not sure yet, but after I switched FS off it seems to be more stable. Need to play more..
    Well, so far it's the only game giving me trouble and can randomly CTD, anywhere 1-4 matches. Started after last 2-3 patches, they fixed it for nv+intel combo and it made it worse for me.. lol

I also reported to nvidia and opened a ticket, since it's been taking forever now.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've noticed something weird and I don't know if other G-sync users have the same problem.

If I enable G-sync in Windowed and Fullscreen Mode and have an app like Spotify or Norton AV up and that particular window is open, then the mouse stutters when I'm hovering over the app window. As soon as I click the desktop, the mouse movement gets smooth again but if I click the app, the stutter returns, almost like the G-sync makes the monitor temporarily run at 60Hz (I have mine set to 95Hz atm). If I change to G-sync only Fullscreen the problem disappears. I had the same problem with the last driver but don't think I've seen it earlier than that.

cryohellinc likes this.
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Updated today , great drivers for me , GTX1080Ti windows 10 1809. No problems to report.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Old issue re-introduced with 416.81 driver. Besides that, a rare artifact with lines across the screen for a fraction of a second has likewise re-appeared.

416.81 also introduced a very odd bug I have never seen before, I use a curve for my OC. With the exact same profile while using 416.81 my clocks have dropped from 2012 to 1964, and voltage increased from 1.012v to 1.034v. 416.94 fixed that issue, but kept the other two.

This is the first time I have had experienced anything like that. Which I assume is related to RTX fixes. As of right now sitting on 416.64 which has none of the above-mentioned issues.

12. We hope that it will be resolved with the new driver coming up next tuesday

cryohellinc likes this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for the clarification man, I'll just skip Windowed G-sync for now.

cryohellinc likes this.
  14. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Quake champions has a standby list bug so its best to clear that after a few matchs to remove any issue's on flooding data in the memory. As for graphics everything is only low anti-aliasing = off (due to recommendation by toxic as it removes shimmers making it easier to spot enemie's), razer chroma (due to bugs) = off, hud section everything is on but all tick boxes are off apart from show damage number's., nvidia inspector profile i use settings are as follow's ~ Compatiibility-Ambient occ compat - 0x0000000, Antialiasing off, Maximum pre-rendered frame's -1 , preferred refresh rate - highest, Vertical sync -off, Antialiasing-behavior Flags- Disable "override any application setting", Antialiasing gamma correction- off, Antialiasing- transparency mutlti- disabled, Antialiasing- transparency supersampling -off/multisampling, nvidia predefined FXAA useage - off, Texture filtering -lod bias (DX) +1.5000, Texture filtering- lod bias (OGL) +1.5000, texture filtering- quality-high perf, threaded optimization - on, Maximum frames allowed 0.00000001.

Firewall rules setup for quake, portforwarded also.
    QuakeChampions.exe (example of location- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\quakechampions\client\bin\pc) Rightclick exe, go to properties, compatibility "check disable fullscreen optimisation" then go to change high dpi settings "check override high dpi scaling behaviour- input system (enhanced)". To reduce strain and give the cpu more headroom to deal with the engine's data- please check out http://www.mikemartin.co/gaming_guides/quake_champions#TOC-Frame-Capping-CPU-Usage

Hope this help's!

-Tj- likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    be careful throwing the word "Bug" around., it isn't a bug.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Players shouldn't have to do all that which really proves how busted the Saber Engine really is after 1.5 years.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @bensmooth
    Thanks, I will try that cfg tweak first, never deleted those files and maybe CPU affinity to run at high instead of normal.

What is that "bug"?

That utility thing that releases memory every few minutes? Well I think I don't have to use that, didn't see any real stutters even by more memory hungry games.

EDIT:

nope still crashes randomly to desktop.. fckin hell..

I now disabled ingame postAA (TAA) completely and forcing driver FXAA, seemed more stable now and managed 3 rounds.. otherwise I got CTD 3x almost every 1-2matches..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  18. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Bump

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

i have Corsair iCUE linked to lots of stuff , not really breaking games , for me since my 2080ti is having many crashes for many reasons , none of them was because of the iCUE app , sometimes it's manual OC and other times RTTS

nick0323 likes this.
  20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    keep getting this with this Nvidia driver

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-26--05-16-34_.dmp

This keeps puping up in my clipboard it's highly iritating I must say any body has any clue ?

ps after looking at the debug file it has something to do with ntdll.dll

update found it Nvidia is a biatch deinstalled and let windows update take over and solved damn

If I reinstall the original driver from Nvidia its coming back

rolled back to 416.81 driver solves the problem

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018