Review: Battlefield V: PC graphics performance benchmarks analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    The performance of the GTX 980Ti looks dubious ! It's much much worse than the GTX 1070 which it normally trade blows with. !

Geryboy likes this.
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Pascal compute shaders are strong, so most games that use DX12 will see a boost with Pascal.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Google hardware unboxed BFV perf. , it's on track.. and literally trade blows with 1070
    . Stock vs stock. Idk what happened by HH review.. maybe his 980ti crapping out..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes i just watched and it seems 980ti perform as it should. HH said in his review that his 980ti performance is odd so owners should test themselfs.

5. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Does RTX impact graphics memory usage? Clearly impacts frame rates, but what about memory? Can you add RTX mode to the memory usage graphs?

6. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    I'm awaiting my EVGA step-up to a 2080 ti. In the meantime, I'm "rocking" a GTX 960 with average frame rates in the 30s at 1440p on the low preset with frequent drops under the 30 mark which I've never experienced until now with G-sync.

Ughhh. The new card can't get here quick enough.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Yeah my 980ti is performing much better than in the test never seen it drop under 70fps all ultra at 1080p

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I am looking for insight on DX12 in this game since the latest patch the other day.

1. Is DX12 only working (without hitching/stuttering) on Nvidia cards only? Only on turing with RTX?
    2. Is DX12 working with AMD cards without stuttering?

9. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Nvidia not supporting their older models anymore? 980TI was king of the hill what is happening here. This bring back thought that they are deliberately hindering the performance for older models?

Why bother buying high end anymore if this is the result you can expect. Better to buy mid range and know product will be better supported. company with questionable practices?

Kepler vs Maxwell

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Just stop it. Next you'll be wailing about how the 8800 Ultra is 'being gimped'. We don't need silly trolling like this.

11. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Ag shame did I hit a nerve? I am pretty sure everybody that bought a 980TI is extremely happy now. I guess you are just one of those fanboys that support a company blindly. If you cant handle that people criticize companies that might or might not deliberately sabotage products to ensure people upgrade for profit. Then I guess competition it the market is not good and we all should just accept what we get.

Than again techspot suggest it is actually much better https://www.techspot.com/review/1746-battlefield-5-gpu-performance/

Maybe it is just guru3d altering the results. My apologies!

O.K wait after more investigation seems techspot used Dx11 and guru3d used Dx12. I guess nvidia card do not like it.

I will do better research in future, before posting in Guru3d again seems people are touchy here, and can not handle criticism.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    gx-x likes this.
  12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
  13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    The numbers on Maxwell cards are totally inaccurate and out of reality!
    See the true numbers of reference clocked cards below and put to them another +15-20% with a classic overclock! Have a good day!

[​IMG]

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    That's DX11.

edit: Plus we don't know which map or map zone was chosen to do the testing, result may vary heavily.

Fox2232 likes this.
  15. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    @Goiur yeah its DX11 and you have a point there about the map choosen but when you test all the cards under the same conditions you cannot close your eyes to the truth!

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Makes you wonder why this site decided to make the 980ti look worse than the 1060. This "review" is hilarious.

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes, trolls hit nerve, it's your intent, troll.

Koniakki likes this.