Windows 10 October Update Version 1809 re-released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Updated yesterday without my knowledge, first boot this morning... no sound...

2. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    is there a "force 1809 update guide" somewhere?

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    You sir, are brave!

:p

4. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    ...and that is why I am still on Windows 7 with Linux on my second PC in preparation for when Windows 7 is no longer 'doable'. I tried out several versions of Windows 10 Pro and could not make it more than a few hours into the setup and configure stage before throwing up on my keyboard and removing it and then going to take a long shower to get clean again. Then I heard about LTSB (1607) 2016 and managed to use it mostly for a year...but found it extremely annoying and intrusive still...but at least I could get it solid then turn off the Windows Update service until I was ready to go to war with it again, and enjoy the one and only, single benefit of the entire OS... glorious Directx 12...oh wait...yeah, not much use for that either.

I was hoping LTSC (1809) 2019 would be better. WRONG! And even in the Enterprise/LTSC version, Windows Updates are now brutally forced via that "Access Denied" Windows Update Medic (WaaSMedicSvc) Service and the locked scheduled tasks that control it and 100% removes all control of my PC from me. I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would tolerate this crap, ever. Forget the "spying". Windows 10 is a complete and utter hijack of your personal property. 100% malware, and 1809 deliberately breaks or removes all the methods we were using to regain some part of that control. Not to mention that instead of getting more 'mature' and improving 3+ years on, it has only gotten more and more bloated and bugged.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    carnivore likes this.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I happened to be reinstalling Windows as this was released so this is what I installed. I already ran into some bugs, but nothing major as I didn't bother remember what. Nothing too stupid like my entire downloads folder being deleted like the last time though... yet.

I just wish they wouldn't bloat the default Windows installation with garbage like Candy Crush, and 9001 other advertisements for crapware that I'd never want. Some can't even be uninstalled normally.

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Installed on a Surface 3 at work. No problems thus far.

7. Sweeeper

Sweeeper Guest

GPU:
    32 gb
    the first one (1809) broke 1 in 5.
    This one is 1 for 1.
    Dont use this crap...

8. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    The stupid f****** 'black screen on first boot' bug is back. This is how it goes: press the power on the PC case to boot up the computer for the first time in the morning. Computer comes on, you see the motherboard post screen then... nothing. Just a black screen. All the lights are on but nobody is home. So i hit the reset button on the PC case, computer reboots, post screen shows up then the computer boots into Windows 10 desktop with no more issues.

This morning, same thing happened. First boot yields a black screen, after reset, computer boots normally again. This bug was present when they released 1809 the first time around. It's still here now.

At first i thought it was a Nvidia bug caused by the drivers or the new gen RTX cards. But after rolling back to 1803 i realised it was a Windows 10 (1809) bug, since the problem went away after rolling back to 1803.

Can't believe after another 5 whole weeks this lousy re-released update is still f****** systems up with lazy programming.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Just google "windows media creation tool" and click on the first link if you want to manually update to 1809.

Such a descriptive post.... Guess I should roll back the 3 systems I updated to 1809 before this random, unexplained issue appears.....

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So far so good. None of the issues when it first came out.

Think I will remove that "roll back to earlier windows version" now.

*ok apart from that shitty "open with" bug., but 1803 is affected as well..
    Funny how they fixed it with RS6 insider and leave it unfixed on actual retail.. MS sometimes makes no sense, jerks.

AsiJu likes this.

11. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Yeah, I'm on 1803 and that annoys me no end. :(

At least the forum finally helped me figure out what the issue were, as I had just migrated my OS onto a freshly formated drive and were deeply annoyed with pictures opening in Paint all the time.
    Well, I mean I'm still annoyed but that but at least I know why.. :)

Amaze, AsiJu and -Tj- like this.
  12. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Uh it’s Malaka’s not jerks!

Koniakki and -Tj- like this.
  13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    ^ Actually it's Malakes since it's plural. :p

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Don't worry, by the time RS6 hits retail it will be broken there too :p

Will prolly stick to 1803 for a while before switching, and clean install when I do (2 upgrades now without clean install in between).

-Tj- likes this.

16. hell_knight

hell_knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Since the last update I’ve had to reinstall the audio deivers twice and now I get BsOD from time to time..being a fresh install I begin to wonder if the hardware is the issue or it is W10, since ir worked flawlessly prior to the october update..

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I noticed issues with my creative drivers,, although they are modded drivers they have worked flawlessly for years.

Now windows keeps setting my sound to 5.1 channels when it should stay on stereo and some glitches in a few games from the sound

im getting a new soundcard next month so im really not that bothered, i have onboard sound but how can you you go back from a dedicated sound card to tht p.o.s :p