Nvidia Geforce 416.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 8, 2018.

1. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Tbh, I had the grass flicker in farcry 5 with the 411.70 drivers. These latest cured that.
    As for higher or lower benches, that's just for comparison between drivers. Games wont notice much from that besides game fixes.
    But it's always nice to see higher scores with newer drivers, or more fps etc etc. I for one wouldn't want it the other way around.

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    For everyone getting CTDs, BSODs, and other crazy issues with the 416 series drivers I was able to go from rock solid stable zero issues to everything is f***ed back to to everything is rock solid with zero issues by a simple single increment bump of voltage on my CPU. I have absolutely no idea why this would be the case but I had zero issues until the 416 driver series came out which started me crashing out of games and my event viewer started showing a lot of critical issues; all only after I upgraded to the 416 series drivers. I was fiddling around with my RAM trying to tighten the timings up when I noticed that my previous rock solid stable settings were no longer stable (this is the same time I discovered all the critical errors in the system reliability history) and bumping my CPU voltage up one notch stabilized my system and all my games. Like I said, zero issues before I installed the 416.xx series drivers while something in them changed how my system was fundamentally using my hardware and it all came down to my CPU needing just a little drop more voltage. I can't explain any of this but could some people try this out and see if it fixes their problems?

joe187, -Tj- and AsiJu like this.
  3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same thing happened to me. I was getting CTDs in BF V. Ran Intel Burn Test and i wasn't stable. I was able to pass 10 times the Very High setting and suddenly i wasn't.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well @-Tj- reported similar findings on previous page, worth a shot I suppose.

Gonna raise CPUV and SOC by a bit to see how it goes.
    Plus I may have had the same RTSS OSD possible conflict with this particular driver as I use RTSS for fps limiting in Witcher 3 and also check the OSD every now and then.

-Tj- likes this.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Hold on a second, are some of you saying 41x.xx are affecting stability even in CPU stress test and not just GPU heavy workloads?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Do you use Raster or vector?

I used default vector and it happened now again at 399.24, but after almost 2hrs.. I kept stealth mode on from before @ 416.81.. sound started to clip then 3-4sec later game freezed and ctd. lol I just don't have luck with this game.. xD

@Mott
    How much are you talking about, 0.010v or more?

AsiJu likes this.
  7. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok I went all out on testing this driver, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro each time swapped driver, here's what I came up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To my surprise it's fine, but when switching back to my main everyday install the FPS tanked again, but once I quit the Corsair Link software (I have the RGB fan kit) all my problems went away with 416.81, where I can run 399.24 fine with the Corsair software installed.
    Strange, I have no idea why that would be causing a issue, but it's what I saw.
    I don't need Corsair link running all the time as the RGB profile is saved to the controller box (whatever corsair called it).

8. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I uninstalled iCUE yesterday due to system instability and rolled back my GPU drivers. I went back to Corsair Link, much better and faster! 50mb installer vs. 300mb installer! iCUE still doesn't even show the max temps, just the current. There's no quick right-click selection on the tray icon either. iCUE hogs around 4% CPU usage, 2% per process. System boots much quicker since going back to Link.

9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    The tests that I started to fail had NOTHING to do with the GPU whatsoever. I knew I had gaming instability as my games started to crash randomly, but not enough to really care too much since the 416.xx series of drivers; I was considering going back to 399.24 as those were the absolute best that I have used with my GTX 1080 but figured this out before I ended up doing that. I am in my masters and I was doing some hardcore procrastination one day where I thought I would try out the new Ryzen DRAM calculator to tighten up my timings and I couldn't get anywhere with it. After a while I just decided to run a memory test on my normal settings that I had proven beyond a shadow of a doubt were completely stable previously and it failed! I upped the voltage to the RAM slightly to no affect, so I put it back to what it was and using and upped the voltage on my CPU offset setting by one increment just to see if that would have any effect (I have an overclocked CPU which has been through several 24 hour tests to make sure it is rock solid stable after I stabilized my RAM settings) and what do you know I passed all the RAM tests I was failing. I then went and looked at the windows reliability history and notice that several programs (mostly RTSS and my soundcard) were constantly crashing with critical errors which coincided with when I loaded the first set of 416 drivers. After I bumped my CPU offset by a single notch I have not had a single crash/critical error report in my windows reliability settings and the main game which I was getting random CTDs that was I had previously never crashed in stopped crashing again and hasn't since. Everything is stable.

TL;DR I was failing tests that had nothing to do with my GPU because of the 416 driver set and upping my cpu voltage by a single increment put me back into the rock solid category and sorted out all of my issues gaming and otherwise that were most assuredly not an issue before 416 came into my life.

Let me restart and see what the exact increment is and I will update this post in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: The increment was + 0.00625v so I went from + 0.03125 -> + 0.03750 and all is good. Remember this is very specific to the motherboard, cpu, ram, and CPU/RAM overclock settings that I have so I would think that that exact increment wouldn't work for everyone; it only took an itty bitty boop for me but we all have different systems. I suggest upping your voltage by the smallest increment you can on your CPU like I did and test things out. If it doesn't help try one more increment and really if that doesn't do it I wouldn't think another bump would do anything, but you could try.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    PQED, -Tj- and GREGIX like this.
  10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    @Mott
    Thx man. I just had first CTD in BF5, so I guess have to bump my vcore a little...
    This driver is good, faster than previous but this is weird behaviour....

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Both hog my CPU even with Graphing Disabled everywhere.Keeping Link settings alone didn't save to the device the way iCUE did.
    My pump speed and other settings have finally been saved properly so no need to have any Corsair software installed.
    Completely cured my issues with this driver.
    They do push the system more and I've noticed also that setting Max Pre-rendered Frames 1 (I usually use 3) is best for my setup now.

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Not exactly.The enhancements in this driver are so that they're pushing the users' system more.Previously percieved stable CPU overclocks becoming unstable, with some needing to bump voltage up a notch.Not uncommon.

-Tj- likes this.
  13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I have a 6700k@4.5, so you also have a much beefier CPU. :)

Let me know about your benchs, I'm curious!

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Default vector I think (haven't changed it), whichever gives that nicer font :)

@bOse

From release notes:

"This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 416.64 that addresses the following:
    - Far Cry 5: Flicker during gameplay
    - Monster Hunter World: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering Quality is set to highest
    - The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Flicker during gameplay..."

bOse and -Tj- like this.
  15. Anubis77

Anubis77 Guest

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Since installing the driver, my COD BO4 has super low FPS. Even changed to lowest settings and getting 20-30 FPS. Anyone else have this issue?

16. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Yeah, could be. I'll give these drivers another go, since they actually did seem faster for me then any others. With a slight notch up in some voltages. Fingers crossed :eek:

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I haven't noticed any changes on my end with CPU/GPU OC's, But I normally set each game with an fps cap set to the highest I can but still have a pretty flat line.
    PS: run with Vsync off.

18. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Good driver for my GTX 1080 Ti and Battlefield v. i have nice stable frametimes of avg 9ms. Sometime a frametime spike but its not constantly but more some time and not every new game.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems there is something bugged with NVENC H264 Encoding.

I use ConvertXtoVideo to convert movies and series to MKV (H264+AC3) for my old Mediaplayer. But it seems the NVENC stopped converting the Video with these new drivers... all it converts is the Audio.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your application needs to be built against a later version of video sdk, 4.0 support is removed from 416.