Radeon™ Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1(upd.15/Nov)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by warlord, Nov 8, 2018.

1. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    I hope that means that AB will still at least try to support Radeons even after all that drama a few weeks/months ago :p

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So many of our users talks about them like: 'this one is really Good' :D
    So it get's Installed & everything is OK.
    Destiny 2 -> checked for 1.3h and this one is a little better in terms of Power Efficiency than 18.10.2 WHQL

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Krteq and LocoDiceGR like this.
  3. Heaven

Heaven Guest

GPU:
    8600GT 512MB DDR2
    Do you guys experience freezes + restarts using these beta drivers, i think it happens with the stable driver as well.
    I can replicate the issue by waking my PC from hibernate or after shutting down with fast startup enable and running win+ctrl+shift+b(shortcut to restart the video driver).

I tried a clean driver reinstall using DDU but still getting the issue.

GPU: Radeon HD 7750

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Fast startup is a bit wonky overall for AMD I would say but it's never crashed to that extent. I would avoid restarting the GPU driver at all cost though since my own experience is that AMD does not recover gracefully even from a induced driver restart that isn't a full timeout and reset. :)
    (EDIT: From something like a driver bug or software crash in general or other error such as in this case it's a hotkey for restarting the display driver stack I think if I remember that shortcut correctly.)

It *can* recover but I find stability and reliability affected until a reboot and I wouldn't try pushing it without a cycle since it can lock into lower speeds or just be unstable in general or both safe mode speeds and stability concerns.
    Guessing that extends back to GCN 1.0 too or it might be worse, not really sure how NVIDIA compares either but it does seem that it recovers better though rebooting is still a recommendation to ensure everything is OK.

EDIT: Hibernation though it's not something I use but I thought AMD had fixed some issues with sleep mode and hibernation but I guess there could be other problems still from your post. (And by effect since hibernation is off so is fast startup but that is known to have some issues particularly for Wattman where it thinks it's a crash and reverts to default values.)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Heaven likes this.

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I used to have the 480 connected to a 120hz LCD and never had an issue. It was only when I used HDMI to connect it to my 65" LG OLED that the issue surfaced. It has probably been the last 6 -8 months. I tried several drivers and when coming out of sleep or on the odd occasion even in the middle of a game it would happen. It happened every time I used the PC. These drivers have been rock solid and it hasn't happened once. These are keepers for sure.

BlackZero likes this.
  6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks. Yes, I think I may have experienced something similar in the last few months, also since I started connecting my PC to my HDTV more often.

Maddness likes this.
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I used to have to keep on unplugging the HDMI cable from the back of the video card to fix it. But these drivers have totally fixed it.

BlackZero likes this.
  8. AMcieK

AMcieK Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 DD
    Guys why relive in bf5 sometimes work sometimes not . Only the overlay with gpu usage information works normally , but cant rec, or take screenshot ?

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Fullscreen only.

10. AMcieK

AMcieK Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 DD
    I have set to fullscreen

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I've got nothing out of the ordinary to report (same old DX9 bugs, long loding times for settings, relive failing to initiate and freesync going haywire when closing a game).

However the driver itself seems fine, just make sure you run DDU in safe mode to fully purify your xeno-infested system and (very important) only install the driver.

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Damn it. With these drivers, I am experiencing the same issue I had before. Sometimes but not frequent, the screen loses connection while watching a video, system freezes, audio continues to play for about a minute and then stops. Have to hard reset. Now, when I had the same issue before, I found out it was f.lux. I stopped using f.lux and started using Windows Nightlight and didn't have any issues until upgrading to this driver. Don't know if it is nightlight that is causing the issue but I don't really want to disable it. Anyone else has this issue?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  13. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Sorry for the late reply.

I bought it used, so I wouldn't really know if the previous owner did, but I didn't.
    I undervolted it by -81mV and with the custom fan profile it runs nice and cool.

[​IMG]

I wonder if changing the thermal paste alone would help even further, but I only go up to around 65C at best now.

MaCk0y likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Windows 10 October-November Update

As Microsoft has publicly stated:

“On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809.
    We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically.”

shredderman and MaestroBayten like this.
  15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    You don't have stability issues with undervolting that low and overclocking simultaneously? What's the graphics card ASIC quality? Must be pretty good.

shredderman likes this.

16. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    GPU-Z says it's 38% higher than similar GPUs. The rating is 72.8%

Also I'm pretty sure the previous owner never overclocked before, because of the temps it would originally get lol

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-11-1-rx590

Article Number
    RN-RAD-WIN-18-11-1-RX590
    Support For
    • Radeon™ RX 590
    • Hitman™2
      • Up to 3% faster performance in Hitman 2 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-230
    • Battlefield™ V Early Access
      • Up to 8% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-231
      • Up to 9% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-232
    • Fallout™ 76
    Fixed Issues
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Assassin’s Creed™: Origins may experience an application crash while launching or playing the game in Windows®7.
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus may experience corruption when viewing lava or water.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience intermittent application crashes when using DirectX®12 API.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon Overlay may not appear when toggled on systems with multiple displays when Battlefield™ V is running.
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    Footnotes
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 7, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With medium presets on Hitman 2 using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 57.2 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 55.40 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 3% faster performance in Hitman 2. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-230
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega64, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra-presets on Battlefield V using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 142.6 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 131.8 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 8% faster performance in Battlefield V. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-231
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra-presets on Battlefield V using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 91.1 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 83.2 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 9% faster performance in Battlefield V. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-232
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 for RX 590 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 Driver Version 18.40.11.02 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.2001)
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 for RX 590 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
    By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
    For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:

NOTE:
    This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.

When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.

Radeon Product Compatibility
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.

Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility
    Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo

AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.

Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility
    AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics

Compatible Operating Systems

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.

• Windows® 10 64-bit version
    • Windows 7 64-bit version with SP1 or higher

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    BTW these 590 drivers are listed as press drivers...so not sure on the age. Maybe Jonas will check and let us know.

19. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Couldn't resist and install it today with that one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    All went well with installation, but for some reason after boot my driver went to the previous one. Had to install again 18.11.1.
    One more think is that at long last i have in right click again "Amd Radeon Settings". Strange that my gpu have now max 68Temp instead of 71-72 that i had before installation (r7 360 gpu)

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null