Nvidia Geforce 416.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Can it? Sure, does it? thats another matter.

Just make sure you're on the latest 2017 update.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ... I had the latest 2017, or so I thought. I didn't touch any visual c++ and the game ran ok with 399, speaking of quake champions now, when I tried 41x.xx bam.. returned to 399 all ok. But yesterday at 399 DbD crashed too, ok not literally, it just wouldn't start. Hanged with a error code22. Google said it was this visual c++ fault.

I'm now at latest 2015 + its newest rs3 update. No 2017 now.

When I entered quake champions and visual c++ in Google I saw some threads with game issues as well, that made me think it could be connected as well.. but still found it funny why 399 was ok and now any 41x.xx so far crashed, best I got was 4-5matches with 416.16 driver, any other crashed sooner.

EDIT:
    So I installed visual c++ 2017 located in base nvidia driver directory and yeah it "removed" 2015 again, Im going to test DBD first before installing this driver again, just to see if it conflicts again.

Edit2: Ok DBD starts now. On to step two and test QuakeChampions with this driver again..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    hmm, I think I may have found the root of the cause, its something with RTSS onscreen display, although I use 2000ms so it shouldn't be too sensitive.

So I played 2 rounds and 2nd round it happened (Awoken map)., but only after I pressed show OSD for a quick fps check and then off again... 1-2sec later it froze and CTD. 399.24 didn't have such compatibility issues.

Edit:
    - if I set stealth mode and custom 3d it's ok, I've pressed toggle multiple times, running alt+tab atm..

edit again: or not, it just took a lot longer. Guess my next step is without MSI afterburner.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    bOse likes this.
  4. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    Anyone find how to disable the ge force experience notifications? I tryied in many versions but in every reboot its turn on automatically.
    Does it happen to anyone else?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In conclusion these conflict with MSI ab RTSS osd (I have power monitor off) by Quake Champions and are more system OC sensitive. I had to raise cpuv, cachev and cpu sys agent a little. Never had to go this high before ever.

AsiJu and Dragondale13 like this.
  6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Now no Corsair software running made it worse lol!!
    Yup they're pushing the system.
    Backing down to 4.5Ghz 1.38v, ddr3 2400mhz CL10 OC 1.7v, IMC/VTT 1.2v, never fails, CPU-Z multi bench maxes at 80C.
    Hoping XSPC setup will allow me to get that 4.6Ghz.

Driver running real good though.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Smooth driver here zero crashes [like with every driver ] i also noticed that in ass creed oddesey i have a bit more fps now but nothing major.

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Could be the same bug as GFE not saving Freestyle settings after reboots, and looking at Nvidia forums it's been going on for months.
    Blows my mind how basic things like not saving user settings properly go without fixes for THAT long.

9. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Garbage driver. Rise of the tomb raider crashes to desktop insisting I don't have enough resources to run this game and then I get a BSOD "BAD POOL CALLER" which is a display issue. Running a GTX 1070 and 16GB of RAM so resources aplenty...

bOse likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I don't have any higher cpu temp, usually in 50-60C area, but I knew something was off when I tried GTA5 online hard crashed too. And it still was more cpu bound with lower fps in the city, ah well..

guess 399.xx it is, well until I really need a new driver for a game.

11. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Have you tried the latest AB beta yet?

I didn't see any issues with the latest release and osd or the beta, but then again, I haven't run Quake yet. Will install again tonight.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well the thing is it's all ok with older driver 399.xx or older.. like they changed something again and conflicts in driver buffer or idk.

13. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    These drivers are just crud on my ROG GTX1080ti Strix.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey tanked with a minimum FPS of 15 max of 75.
    Rolled back to 399.24, min of 62 max of 126fps at 1440p everything maxed out.

Not to mention my video playback hitching is completely gone when using kilte/mpc.

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Weird... Odyssey is working fine with these drivers, and we have the same card. I don't understand why some of you get perf tanked, personally I barely see any difference, even from 3xx to 4xx series. Well, glad you fixed it!

15. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090

What CPU?
    I'm running a 8700k@5Ghz on a ROG z370 Apex.

I noticed some strange CPU spikes using these drivers, but not when I used the 399.24 drivers.
    Now I always use DDU to remove old drivers, install the new drivers then reboot.

First time I've ever encountered a problem with NVIDIA drivers honestly, but it was very noticeable.

I'll do some Odyssey benchmarks with both and post screenshots.

bOse likes this.

16. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    To join me about these drivers and AC Odyssey game. I had a stable fps of 45+ before these drivers. Now I can not pass 27. These drivers has bad work with ACO.
    Need for fix.

17. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    after long testing and gaming these drivers are behaving like they should

18. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru