Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If you want realism leave your house :p

If you want a old skool experience, leave it head out into the deep woods/desert or whatever, with minimal gear, supplies etc and try living off the land for a week or more.

Being in the woods is pretty meh until something goes wrong. Can be a mild something like not being able to catch or kill food, or can be a major something where you break a limb or run into a poisonous snake or bear, or something large moving through the brush nearby which will get your heart and adrenaline going. Though for me being in nature always feels better than being in a city, better air, more beauty, more wonder, and more reality. But we all hooked on the convenience of being able to walk or drive to the nearest convenience store and get a coffee, or a doughnut or w/e. Can get my social fix on the internet or bsing with the neighbors or going to the corner bar. And the cops or medical services are a phone call away.

The vast majority of people never really step out of their comfort zone, even camping your going to have your cooler of hot dogs and burgers and beer, your smart phone or laptop. And more often that not people will just run down the trail to the carpark to the nearest store rather than figure things out or work to actually survive.

If you never been out of a urban area which many people have not, than your tolerance for the yawn of actually surviving might be lower than us country folk who are often more nature focused. Would be my guess.

Loved hunting in rdr, loved hunting in KCD, and alot of people complained about that also, because there was not some POI camp, or castle every stones throw like oblivion. Wilderness is a whole lot of nothing period, what makes the rare things you find all the more interesting.

different stroke for different folks and all that.

serbicu likes this.
  2. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    17 million copy sold in only 2 weeks...

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2375981

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    My guess is the online will be released first (eta November 18th I think?) and a first patch could coincide with that.

Netherwind likes this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not the answer I hoped for but thanks mate.

Grimbarian likes this.

5. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    If you look at how GTA V release was handled, I'd say that was a good assumption. First patch was only Online mode, and then a few days later they started pumping patches for general game and continued to do so like every week to two.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, I'll just play something else in the mean time.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Absolutely agree with you there. I don't even know what chapter I'm on after some 30-35 hours of playing this sublime game on my Xbox One X but I'm guessing it is still Chapter 2 (how do you find out?). I have explored a significant chunk of the map, mostly doing random missions and bounty hunts as well buying and taking train rides to the various towns and cities to gain access to weapons and clothing plus the fences there. I admit I have used the gold exploit/glitch to accumulate $15,000 so I have a sizeable selection of clothing, saddles and weapons already.

Initially I was struggling to earn money in the early stages, made worst when you accidentally run into someone or kill them on your horse and find a big bounty has been placed on you. It is this aspect of the game which I find a little frustrating at times as the slightly clunky controls mean that it is all too easy to accidentally pull a gun on someone or ride over them by mistake. I do feel that the controls could have been a lot better; they certainly feel a bit laggy and unresponsive at times and I can only imagine that this would improve significantly on PC along with the framerate so I really hope that version does come out, sooner rather than later. I would certainly double, erm, triple dip (since I also have the game on PS4 Pro as well!).

I love the atmosphere and setting plus when you aren't being harassed by lawmen or rival gang members then the pacing is pleasantly sedate compared with most open-world games that typically fill the map with hundreds of icons such that it becomes overwhelming as to what to do and where to go next. In this game, the map is refreshingly free of such icons and only a few show at once, depending on what information you've uncovered, which bounties you have selected and where you are in the story. The really odd thing is that I was never really a big fan of the western genre (I'm more horror, thrillers and sci-fi) until I played the first Red Dead Redemption but it inspired me to watch a lot of westerns which I found I really enjoyed. Thank you Rockstar for opening my eyes! :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Grimbarian and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I've always been a huge fan of westerns, used to read my Dad's cowboy books when I was no more than 10 onwards or so. Always loved Clint Eastwood Westerns but there's some really good more modern ones, Tombstone is one of the best Western movies of all time IMO and for series' you can't go wrong with Deadwood and Hell on Wheels, definitely watch Deadwood if you haven't seen it, the dialogue and acting is phenomenal, so tightly paced and well shot, wife and I are starting a rewatch in honour of RDR2 and we just watched the first episode again after a number of years and were blown away by how incredible it was :)

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Someone actually took the time to follow npc's around and watch their daily life

lucidus and Grimbarian like this.
  10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I have to say i didnt expect the story to be this dark in the end. I'm on my 2nd playthrough now just because i want to see if the story turns out differently when i'm the good guy. (i've been really brutal & unforgiving for now because of the PS4 trophy).

Safe to say, the game is addicting as hell. :D

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Spoilerino, anyway, my que to never read another post about this game till im done cause its only bound to get worse

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I bought a PS4 Pro just for this game.. I couldn't go any longer not knowing what I was missing and have no faith in a PC release.

As a primary PC gaming guy, I'm impressed with what the PS4 Pro is dumping out.. The game is simply remarkable, brilliant, and lived up to the hype.. Simply.. Amazing..

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yep we (we being the missus and me) had a standard PS4 but just bought a second Pro so we can both play at the same time, after reading lots of horror stories pleased that it's really quiet, it's the CUH-7116B.

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Mines a 7215B and quiet as can be despite dumping out tons of hot hair..

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah mine is definitely going to keep the apartment toasty over winter ;) I use it on my 1080p but even with supersampling turned on which some have reported causes the excess noise it's quiet :)

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    How are the controls for you? I'm really beginning to think about using a KB&M adapter. Used one of these with RDR1 on the 360 and it worked pretty well. Played the game without auto-aiming from then on (not in PvP though, only Coop / SP story).

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The lower activity in this thread would perhaps suggest that people have finished playing the game?

I noticed the vast difference in APU load while playing at 1080p vs "2160p". At 1080p my Pro is quiet as a mouse and the fans never rev up, quite impressive but also as one would expect.

If you got the version which is bundled with RDR2 it's a new revision which is definitely quieter than the previous ones. Good buy!

18. I've found these images on other forums and the difference is quite shocking. TAA, MB or DOF are completely broken on Pro. The resolution is there obviously, coz pixels are not missing on some tiny branches as they do on basic PS4 or X1, but all the detail is blurred to hell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah using a Pro on a 1080p monitor I really don't know whether I should turn supersampling on or off, I don't think I can take a screenshot on the PS4's built in screenshot function and it take into account supersampling or not.

20. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Yeah call me when this is a PC game and anyone has any control over the the quality of how the game is run.
    Until then this is a console game and I don't GAF.

KissSh0t likes this.