The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Ended up with a Zotac Amp! card.

Gets to about 65c with core clock to 2070MHz and memory clock to 7900MHz. Pretty happy with this.

XenthorX, Maddness and Geryboy like this.
  2. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    :( testing my card sunday.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    What a goddamned beast!

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Very nice custom PCB imho, best performing 2080 Ti I've seen so far.

Part of me wishes I'd waited for these but I'm happy with the 'lesser' EVGA 2080 Ti cards I have, I don't OC so the FTW3 is a waste of cash for me.

Still, very nice cards.

Maddness likes this.

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Thats one ugly card, that shroud looks really cheap lol.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Any firmware updates for the monitor?

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Still no problems here across 3 2080 Tis and 1 2080 (all EVGA).

Have stressed them all.

This is all a storm in a teacup, with the usual youtube 'experts' trying to stir things up for clicks.

I have no doubt that there are some problems but I don't think they are that widespread and until I see verifiable proof that they are, I remain unconvinced.

I'm also fairly sure that if the failures were as widespread as some people would have us believe they are, Nvidia would have been forced to make a statement to that effect.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  8. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I received my Palit RTX 2080Ti on Friday. Installed and boom, Instant artifacts at post. Sometimes it passes but as soon as the driver installs artifacts are back. Looks like bad VRAM to me.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    That sux the big one! I'm fortunate in that I'd gotten mine from a brick and mortar shop with 7 days one-to-one exchange should the card I'd gotten dies on me. So far, my Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC (is yours the same model?) is running like a champ....

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Have we seen anything like this on the 1080ti FE's this early after their release? If so, pretty sure it would have generated quite the chatter across forums and YT channels. But nope, nothing out there on the 1080ti's similar to whats been occurring with the 2080ti.

11. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    famous last words.

and nvidia forced to make a statement? lol thats literally the last thing they would do. As an owner of said product, im s ure you want to ocnvince yourself it isnt a thing. And "widespreadedness" is relative. In the end, their are more failures than with prior generations by a wide enough margin for this to be a thing to begin with. What that means, above my paygrade - and caregrade. Im a 1080ti owner and nothing in this world could have convinced me to pay nvidia that much money for this card (or any card tbh).

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No, just reality.

I'm just relaying my experience, if the cards go wrong, I'll relay that experience.

And I think you're wrong tbh, if the problem was as large as some would have us believe, Nvidia would have no choice but to acknowledge it.

I think there are issues, as I have said many times before, I'm just not sure (because there is no actual verifiable evidence) how many cards are affected out of those sold.

And sure, my cards could all die tomorrow and if they do, I'll RMA them, which will be a PITA but nothing more as EVGA cross ships RMAs which is one of the reasons I buy their cards.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  13. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Yeah, it's the Gaming pro model i received. I have contacted the retailer and waiting for RMA. Unfortunatly there are no replacements here in Norway. It's sold out everywhere.

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The 1080Ti didn’t have the same kind of hate train behind it to propel such things so widely, even the smallest of problems can be made into some huge click bait story with enough people on the bandwagon.

I’m not saying there aren’t failures, but I do think it’s been blown out of proportion by a large amount of people who just want the card to fail.

BangTail and Geryboy like this.
  15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No the 1080ti didnt have a 'hate train' like RTX, but it also didnt have as many faulty or dead cards reported this early in its release either. These are not random failures but more focused on the 2080ti FE's which is a huge embarrassment for Nvidia. They've passed off the FE's as the ultimate in GPU design, superior to all non-FE's in quality of engineering and performance (not to mention the highest priced gaming card ever). So I kind of understand them not wanting to admit to flubbing their flagship release in such an embarrassing manner. I'm not suggesting theres anything faulty with the 2080ti's as a whole, AIB cards seem to be doing just fine.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    You’d probably have to look back further back than the 1080Ti to really get an idea of what the failure rates for Pascal were, the 1080Ti wasn’t really new when it launched with it basically being a Titan XP with less VRAM.

You’re right though, there does seem to be a possible flaw in the design of the FE cards, whether it be the stock cooling or just a bad batch of components, it doesn’t look good for a card that’s marketed as best in class.

I was pretty disappointed when one of my Titan XP’s died after nearly two years, but these things happen.

BangTail and GREGIX like this.

17. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    from rockpapershotgun.com

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The card has been available for a month. You can't reasonably expect the millions of steam users to all upgrade at once as soon as a new piece of hardware is released

Maddness likes this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's the reason we're not getting a new ''Crysis''.

20. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    its working great

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    anxious_f0x likes this.
  21. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’d say those are fairly reasonable temps while idle, fans probably won’t even be running with the default fan curve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.