Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Most of these clips are from RDR2, some hilarious bugs in this game :D

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The more I see on this game the more I care less it ever coming to pc just like the first. I thought the first was bore but this just looks so frustrating to play who wants to fight both a clunky control scheme and constantly intrusive gameplay? The bounty system sounds broke on top of that and i am reading more and more negative about the game as time goes on now the hype has died.

BangTail likes this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I regret buying it tbh.

I bought it on the strength of the first one (which was a damn fine game) but the sequel, while looking exceptional, does not live up to it's lineage.

And the control scheme, OMFG what a train wreck.

Some people say 'you just have to get used to it' and while I'll take the time to get used to certain things if they are intuitive, playing this game is like using a wheelchair when you still have full use of your legs.

I have no inclination to play it whatsoever.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    love the two people trashing the game to each their own tho.

Me i loved rdr start to finish, and other then the psychic bounty system, which i hope RS patches, or pc mods will nuke it, i am sure i will have a blast when it comes to pc.

serbicu likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I tell it like it is, I'm not impressed and I've been very specific about why.

I'm not just going to love it because everyone else does or because it's Rockstar.

I'm sure many people can get past the problems I'm having with it and that's fine.

I know there are games that I love that have issues that many people are not willing to endure.

And as I said, I loved the first one.

The second one is nothing like the first one imho, they are two very different games.

I really hope they fix the bounty system as that would go along way to making me want to play again.

There is a certain amount of annoyance I can deal with but the bounty system is a bridge too far for me.

Stone Gargoyle and Solfaur like this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    having an opinion is trashing a game now?? I have searched far and wide taking in feedback about this game and know several friends who are playing it and tell me issues they have but if that makes my opinion invalid to you then so be it. I dont think it will have either the staying power in sales or the grasp on the charts that GTA has because it is very much a niche product that has so many parts that attempt to constantly stop players in its tracks to micromanage and micromange and micromanage some more rather than just have continued amount of fun with a much simpler yet just as productive way of doing things. Some will invest effort and feel rewarded for it but others are already making it known that rockstar have taken a step too far and have killed much of what made the original the game play experience it was in favour of too much fiddly time sink and oh look we spent months perfecting this one thing that is actually totally and completely unnecesarry. Once the hype dies down reality hits in and its clear to see rdr2 is not everything gamers wanted from such a highly anticipated game and word of mouth is spreading more and more every day backing up and cementing that view if you look around. im not asking you to agree im just asking you to respect a different opinion. if you are enjoying it for what it is and how it turned out then great im not trying to take that away from you.

pedropaulo and BangTail like this.
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, for me the game is everything I wanted and more! Sure it's not perfect, but then again.....nothing is ! I played this game non-stop for some days now, and did not see, or encounter any of the issues reported here, nor I am bothered by the controls. I am enjoying the he** out of it, and that's that.

You may like the game, you may not like the game, and that's just fine, we all have our own opinions, and we should be able to express them always :D

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I loved the first one, it was perhaps my all time favourite game, until the second one, it's brilliant in every way and looks and sounds amazing, wife loves it as much as me hence the second PS4 on the way from the shop :)

eGGroLLiO and SpajdrEX like this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Posting over and over about how much you hate the game just comes off as being a hipster or a troll, look all these people liking these games and i am the edge lord that is going to piss all over that.

GG you do not like the game maybe the old west does not interest you good for you.

We get it already. Comes off as some hipster circle jerk you two tag teaming and upvoting each other posts.

Meanwhile all these other posts about how amazing the game is.

Me i will wait to play it, all i can say is that the og red dead was an amazing game, but you hate that one also. You are in a minority on that one.

I hate take 2 i hate rs money grubbing in the online stuff, these is plenty to dislike about these companies period. Does not mean that rockstar still does not make great games, i just do not bother with the online at all as long as they using it to fleece people.

Grimbarian likes this.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    What the devil are you on about?? all ive done is post about the possible pc connection then later i praised the first game as it was a technical achievement for last gen even though i openly admitted that it did bore me at times and since then ive posted a video about weird bugs in an open world game for fun because they are widely known for it made a constructive case as to why I dont think everyone is head over heels in love with the game and im not the only one who has expressed that same line of opinion. We are tag teaming just because we like a post with an OPINION WE AGREE ON? srsly?? This is a forum all about expressing opinion if that be familiar agreed with or opposed to and all about that fine balance between and i already stated I was not trying to change anyones mind if they like the game there is no need to attack me for it.

serbicu, BangTail and Solfaur like this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Really, no one has trashed the game, just voiced serious concerns over the implementation of certain systems.

I'll continue to voice my opinions, negative and positive and I really don't care if everyone else thinks it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, more power to them, I'm not trying to stop them from liking it.

If you're so offended by a difference of opinion, use the ignore feature.

Cheers :)

pedropaulo likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i do not block people, unless they are vapid spammer types ;p.

BangTail likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Have you tried changing the control scheme to "Standard FPS"? That made the game that much more playable according to me who doesn't even play that much on my PS4 :)

DocStrangelove and BangTail like this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I will try that out mate, cheers :)

Netherwind likes this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No problem dude :) I really hated the super weird standard controls but there are a few different schemes to choose from and for me the Standard FPS was perfect. Plays like most other games you might be familiar with.

BangTail likes this.
  17. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Spent the most of the night getting perfect pelts for crafting (3-4 hours og hunting) on my way back to town (Valentine) there was a group af bounty hunters who killed me. After respawn all of my pelts where gone? Is this a clitch or by design? Pretty annoyed right now!

BangTail likes this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    After reading through the comments here I am less excited about the game if it ever comes to PC. The save mechanics coupled with the bounty ones can lead to some very frustrating moments. I honestly can't understand why for a 2018 game it's still so hard to have a proper save/quick-save function. There is literally no sane argument for the lack of it.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I manual save all the time when I move to a new area, about to explore something, about to trade or whatnot, don't really understand what the issue is, yes autosave doesn't save very often so I learned very quickly to manual save regularly. I found Assassin's Creed Odyssey's saving system far more frustrating, in that game you can fight and kill four mercenaries at once but even that's not worthy of a quick auto-save apparently!

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That game uses a lot of conditional saves though, opening the inventory should be one and there's five separate slots but yeah unless it's a important target or you clear a area I don't think just killing someone even if it's a merc is going to count.
    Kinda funny with how many other checks there are since the five slots are overwritten constantly from every other check the game has from just time passed, opening the inventory, adjusting the equipment or skills, talking to someone, exploring areas and clearing areas among many others but no the tier-2 merc squad in all their five man glory at full bounty isn't going to count unless you loot some legendary off their bodies or manually enter the inventory menu afterwards.

For this the one drawback I'm hearing repeated is how constant the bounty system comes up but without playing the game myself I can't say how bad it would be though the example gifs and videos give a overview too.
    (NPC's walking into you while stationary so it's not just galloping straight through town like you're playing human bowling like in so many other games. :p )

Then again random bounties are nothing new in games, I'm an Elder Scrolls fan after all and Skyrims many quirks and that's not even going into the earlier games with the guard system in those. Though Skyrim has it's things too with the vengeance thing where the pet dog saw you and sent the Dark Brotherhood after you in retribution or some random bandit wannabe at least, granted they're all total weaklings in comparison.
    (And money is found everywhere so you could literally rob the peasants of a few hundred gold ha ha.)

EDIT: Thinking about it unless it was patched the pets in GTA V could also alert police as I recall.

BangTail likes this.